Events you are most looking forward to see in TWOW

1 hour ago, New Deal 2016 said:

Maybe this has been said for a thousand times here, but I want to read THIS in TWOW:

Melissandre comes back (somehow), revives Daenerys. The Dragon Queen is now sort-of a pawn of the Red God. She is now much crazier than before she was killed. 

Hearing these latest developments, Bran reveals that he is the Nightking and that Arya only killed his alter ego.

Chaos ensues.

:)

Ummmm... what? do you think TWOW is a follow up to season 8 of the show?

2 hours ago, CamiloRP said:

Ummmm... what? do you think TWOW is a follow up to season 8 of the show?

No, not really. But good old George R.R. Martin might surprise us with some huge 'alternative' developments.
Let us not forget that the show might have adapted only half of TWOW's plot. We just don't know.

1 hour ago, New Deal 2016 said:

No, not really. But good old George R.R. Martin might surprise us with some huge 'alternative' developments.
Let us not forget that the show might have adapted only half of TWOW's plot. We just don't know.

Most of us (I think) believe the last seasons of the show have little to do with the following books, but even then, the things you are looking forward to need other things to happen first.

Melissandre comes back (somehow),

This requires Mel to die first.

revives Daenerys.

This requires Dany to die.

Hearing these latest developments, Bran reveals that he is the Nightking and that Arya only killed his alter ego.

This requires Arya to kill the Night King, which itself requires for there to be a NK, something that, so far, hasn't appeared in the books.

And also, there's still a whole book after TWOW, so if this things where to happen (which again, I don't think it's likely) they would probably happen in ADOS (the next book).

On 3/21/2021 at 8:21 AM, New Deal 2016 said:

Maybe this has been said for a thousand times here, but I want to read THIS in TWOW:

Melissandre comes back (somehow), revives Daenerys. The Dragon Queen is now sort-of a pawn of the Red God. She is now much crazier than before she was killed. 

Chaos ensues.

Methinks you're mixing the mummers' tale and the current asoiaf canon

The event I'm actually looking forward to is getting back from work in the afternoon, making a cup of coffee, sitting in my chair and slowly opening the hardcover on page one so I can loose myself on Westeros as if I was 15 all over again.

Yeah, I'm getting sentimental at the moment :D

My top three events that I'm looking forward to are:

1) The battle of ice and specifically what Stannis does with his Greyjoy prisoners. How will the great northern conspiracy manifest and will it go according to Wyman's plan or will there be hiccups in how it plays out?

2) JonCon and Aegon's siege of Storm's End and the (probably) eventual march on KL. Are there friends in the Reach or have those alliances burned out over time? 

3) The mess in the Riverlands. Jaime, Brienne, and LSH. Such a wild card of a story line that I am dying to know how it will play out. Plus, TWoW prologue is being hyped to really kick things off and set the tone for the whole book.

• 2 weeks later...

If we ever get it, there is so much I'm keen to discover:-

1. The outcome of Dany's meeting the Dothraki in the wilderness

2. The outcome of the battle of Meereen.

3. Revolution in Volantis.

4. The outcome of the Battle of Ice.  The fates of Roose and Ramsay Bolton.

5. What happens to Jon, and the aftermath, at the Wall.

6. Aegon and Arianne.  Do they take Kings Landing?  Do Jon Con and the Sand Snakes carry out a purge of Lannister, Baratheon, and Tyrell supporters?

7.  Sansa's fate.  Is she finally corrupted by LF or does she turn the tables on him?

8.  The outcome of Cersei's and Margaery's trials.  If they're acquitted, do they escape Aegon and Arianne?

9.  What does LSH do with Jaime?  Is there a bloodbath at Riverrun?

2 hours ago, SeanF said:

If we ever get it, there is so much I'm keen to discover:-

1. The outcome of Dany's meeting the Dothraki in the wilderness

2. The outcome of the battle of Meereen.

3. Revolution in Volantis.

4. The outcome of the Battle of Ice.  The fates of Roose and Ramsay Bolton.

5. What happens to Jon, and the aftermath, at the Wall.

6. Aegon and Arianne.  Do they take Kings Landing?  Do Jon Con and the Sand Snakes carry out a purge of Lannister, Baratheon, and Tyrell supporters?

7.  Sansa's fate.  Is she finally corrupted by LF or does she turn the tables on him?

8.  The outcome of Cersei's and Margaery's trials.  If they're acquitted, do they escape Aegon and Arianne?

9.  What does LSH do with Jaime?  Is there a bloodbath at Riverrun?

You basically want the story to be continued and eventually finished. 

Cheers 

So do I ;)

With the all likely possibility of the saga never being finished, this itself might count as wishful thinking to a few. 

34 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:

You basically want the story to be continued and eventually finished. 

Cheers 

So do I ;)

With the all likely possibility of the saga never being finished, this itself might count as wishful thinking to a few. 

It would give at least partial closure, even if we don't get any further than this.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/21/2021 at 1:21 PM, New Deal 2016 said:

Chaos ensues.

I am pretty sure that has never been said ONCE. By any means, but you haven't read any of the books. 

• 1 month later...

1.  Jon's fate:  Alive, dead, revived, etc.  What happens next?

2.  The Others attack.

3.  Sansa vs Littlefinger.

4.  Cersei vs Margaery

5.  Jaime and Brienne meet Stoneheart.

6.  Arya returns to Westeros.

7.  Daenerys heads towards Westeros.

8.  Sam in Oldtown

On 3/19/2019 at 2:24 AM, Plain, Simple Tailor said:

What things/events are you most looking forward to seeing in TWOW? 

For me, in no particular order: 

• The Battle of Winterfell 
  • Sam at Oldtown/Sam's dynamic with his family 
  • Cersei's trial 
  • Jaime, Brienne, and Stoneheart - that whole thing 
  • Davos at Skagos with Rickon and Osha 
  • I'm probably forgetting something here 

Cersei's trial  :: I thought that in the books the Faith had already tried her for much "sleeping about" and made her parade naked through King's Landing.

The Battle of Winterfell :: Who between? To me, likely all living Men armies there including the wildlings/Freefolk, together in grand alliance, versus the Night King's army. (I hope that the dragons and the mammoths are not killed.)

After the thaw, what proves to have happened to the smallfolk of the North? Likely many of them are sheltering in the big castles.

Stories about "snow unicorns" prove from descriptions to be woolly rhinos (Coelodonta antiquitatis or Elasmotherium). (I suspect that the real-world unicorn stories started as the Indian One-horned Rhinoceros , until it got muddled by stories told by whalers trying to get a better price for narwhal tusks.)

Another possibility is that the Night King causes such a severe winter that the Iron Islands are solidly joined to the mainland by strong thick landfast ice, and Victerion's Iron Fleet; after finding that Dany and her dragons are safely away airborne, returns pursued by vengeful Essosi fleets, cannot reach base, and it must surrender, or ally itself with the main human army against the Night King, and the Iron Islands become part of the Seven Kingdoms..

• 1 month later...
On 6/17/2021 at 8:39 AM, Anthony Appleyard said:

I thought that in the books the Faith had already tried her for much "sleeping about" and made her parade naked through King's Landing.

Cersei still stands accused of:

• regicide (the murder of King Robert)
  • deicide (the murder of the High Septon that was appointed by Tyrion)
  • several counts of high treason
  • several counts of conspiracy
  • adultery
  • incest

(She's also an accessory to the attempted murder of Bran Stark.)

We know that she is guilty of all those things but Cersei has denied them so she will then be put on trial for that. She admitted to the crimes of fornicating (aka having sex outside of lawful marriage) with Lancel Lannister and the Kettleblacks so her punishment for that was the walk of shame. Or was it? if you read it a certain way, you'd think that was the High Septon's way of making her pay bail.

And she also happens to be guilty of more than that. The trials may come to expose Cersei's:

• indulgence in torture and human experimentation
  • the necromancy and human experimentation that turned Gregor Clegane into the undead Robert Strong
  • the attempted murder of Bran Stark
  • the attempted murder of Bronn Stokeworth
  • the murder of Falyse Stokeworth

Cersei's trial is shaping up to be the trial of the century because...damn!

On 6/17/2021 at 8:39 AM, Anthony Appleyard said:

The Battle of Winterfell :: Who between? To me, likely all living Men armies there including the wildlings/Freefolk, together in grand alliance, versus the Night King's army. (I hope that the dragons and the mammoths are not killed.)

You should go read the books.

Because right now, the Battle of Winterfell entails a battle between Team Baratheon and Team Bolton and may include some internal chaos where northmen fight northmen in Winterfell.

22 hours ago, BlackLightning said:

We know that she is guilty of all those things but Cersei has denied them so she will then be put on trial for that. She admitted to the crimes of fornicating (aka having sex outside of lawful marriage) with Lancel Lannister and the Kettleblacks so her punishment for that was the walk of shame. Or was it? if you read it a certain way, you'd think that was the High Septon's way of making her pay bail.

And she also happens to be guilty of more than that. The trials may come to expose Cersei's:

• indulgence in torture and human experimentation
  • the necromancy and human experimentation that turned Gregor Clegane into the undead Robert Strong
  • the attempted murder of Bran Stark
  • the attempted murder of Bronn Stokeworth
  • the murder of Falyse Stokeworth

Per Kevan's chapter in ADWD, Cersei chose trial by combat and will have her trial in five days time, so most of these things will probably not come out. Tommen does whatever he's told but hasn't had any interactions with the High Septon so probably won't be last-minute removing TbC like in the show. I also thought it was highly implied that Kevan is actually reason she had the walk of shame. In the epilogue, Kevan thinks: I have no reason to feel guilty, Ser Kevan told himself. Tywin would understand that, surely. It was his daughter who brought shame down on our name, not I. What I did I did for the good of House Lannister. I could be misreading it, but imo it seems like he was pushing for this form of bail more than the Sparrow.

But I will say that Cersei in general is one of my favorite future plot lines. IMO she sweeps her trial and Margaery also wins off stage. Then, we get 1-2 chapters of Cersei paranoid and plotting with cameos by 'Septa' Tyene and Lady Nym in small council before Aegon and Arianne try to take King's Landing. I be a minority opinion, but I actually think Cersei survives TWOW and crowns herself or Myrcella as Queen from Casterly Rock. Littlefinger predicted a "war of the three queens" and I think what he meant was Cersei v. Margaery v. Arianne, but I think it ends up being Cersei/Myrcella v. Arianne v. Daenerys.

Also in the same vein, very very very keen to learn what happens to Loras on Dragonstone. My theory is that Olenna in the show took over his role and he ends up counseling Daenerys to "be a dragon" after his family dies in Aegon and Euron's attacks, but tbd.

On 7/23/2021 at 10:51 AM, StarksInTheNorth said:

Also in the same vein, very very very keen to learn what happens to Loras on Dragonstone. My theory is that Olenna in the show took over his role and he ends up counseling Daenerys to "be a dragon" after his family dies in Aegon and Euron's attacks, but tbd.

I'm interested too.

I think the Tyrells are either overstating or outright lying about how injured he was (for example: Mace Tyrell says that Loras searched all of Dragonstone for wealth but how can he do that if he is - according to Cersei - bedridden and recovering covered in second- and third-degree burns) OR Cersei had gotten carried away and lied to herself about how injured he was so as to torture Margaery and to make herself feel better.

In any case, I think once the Tyrells are felled by Aegon, Euron and maybe even Cersei, they will make common cause with Daenerys while the rest of the Reach is split between Euron (who I think will take over Oldtown, the Arbor and the surrounding areas) or Aegon (I think the Tarlys and the other major bannermen of the Tyrells except for the Hightowers and the Redwynes will defect to Aegon). After all, both Loras and Willas are unmarried young men and Daenerys is a unmarried young woman. I can see Loras, Willas, Olenna or all the above a key part in Daenerys' inner circle.

IMO she sweeps her trial and Margaery also wins off stage. Then, we get 1-2 chapters of Cersei paranoid and plotting with cameos by 'Septa' Tyene and Lady Nym in small council before Aegon and Arianne try to take King's Landing.

While I do think Margaery will win her trial, I don't think it will happen off-page. I think we'll see Margaery's trial (whether it is a real trial or a kangaroo court) unfold on page. Cersei? I don't think she'll be sweeping her trial. Sure, I think she'll win her trial-by-combat but I think that Ser Robert Strong's true identity will be revealed/exposed either during the trial-by-combat or afterwards. Cue outrage from pretty much the entire realm but most importantly Dorne.

In any case, I think that -- at the very least -- Cersei's trial (if not both Cersei's and Margaery's) will get postponed due to the deaths of Pycelle and Kevan Lannister. After all, there is a murderer sneaking around the Red Keep and it's not just any murderer: it's someone who targets high-profile politicians and maesters. Imagine if the press secretary, National Security Advisor and chief-of-staff were found murdered in the White House?

That's huge.

That is the kind of thing that presses pause on a lot of other events. And the Red Keep can go a long time without getting a maester. Not only is the Citadel is going to want to launch their own investigation independent of the Tyrells and the High Septon (after all, they have refused to send a grand maester to the Iron Throne) before sending another Grand Maester but the Citadel may not be able to spare anyone given that the Ironborn will probably be sacking and occupying the city.

I be a minority opinion, but I actually think Cersei survives TWOW and crowns herself or Myrcella as Queen from Casterly Rock.

I'm not sure it's a minority opinion.

I also think Cersei will survive The Winds of Winter. But I don't think Myrcella will.

I think Tommen will either be poisoned by the Dornish (most likely "Septa" Tyene) or he will die when something goes terribly wrong during or in the immediate aftermath of the trials. I think Myrcella will sit the Iron Throne and be the first Queen Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms for a little while. But I think Myrcella and Cersei will be playing out the classic "mother vs. daughter" trope and won't get along. At all.

I think the TV show had it right when they had Myrcella figure out who are her real parents and confront one of the parents. In the show it was Jaime but I think in the books it will be Cersei who gets checked by Myrcella. Cersei will stupidly allow Euron and Aegon to whittle away at the Tyrells in an attempt to rid herself of them. I think she'll forget that the Lannisters need allies now more than ever and think that Tommen has been compromised. Something happens to Tommen and she'll be forced to hedge her bets on Myrcella only for Myrcella to turn out to be as clever, willful and resourceful as her grandfather and uncle. She'll be the real female version of Tywin...only nicer.

In any case, I think Myrcella will die right before Aegon takes the throne in King's Landing and it'll be something that will haunt Arianne. While I think the Sand Snakes or Varys will kill Tommen, I think Myrcella's death will either be a complete and total accident or it will be caused by Cersei...directly or indirectly.

That. Or Tommen's death will be the one death that's a complete and total random freak-accident and Myrcella's death will be caused by the Sand Snakes, Cersei or by both. I don't see Varys killing Myrcella: I can see him wanting to use Myrcella Lannister as a way to heal and bind the kingdom together under Aegon. Aegon can publicly recognize her as Myrcella Lannister, marry her to Trystane Martell and thus Casterly Rock and the Westerlands to the Iron Throne without any more bloodshed. However, as even Varys is susceptible to being thwarted and surprised, Myrcella won't live long enough to make that happen.

In my head canon, Myrcella will die and Cersei will flee to Casterly Rock, feed her extended family and the other westermen some bullshit story and be crowned the Queen of the Rock. Maybe Jaime will still be around at that point, maybe he won't. I think he will also survive The Winds of Winter

Littlefinger predicted a "war of the three queens" and I think what he meant was Cersei v. Margaery v. Arianne/Myrcella, but I think it ends up being Cersei/Myrcella v. Arianne v. Daenerys.

Oooh good one.

I might want to throw Arya or Sansa in there. I think that the North will ditch Stannis for the greener pastures that are Rickon, Sansa and Jon. When they do, I suspect that the North and the Riverlands (and probably the Vale) will secede once again from the Seven Kingdoms and attempt to rule themselves....

If so, it could very well be four queens. Cersei, Arianne and Daenerys will be queens with one of the Stark girls being a queen in all but name only. Robb's will disinherited Sansa, legitimized Jon and made Jon his heir. And although Sansa may be disinherited, she'll be coming with armies and supplies...so she will probably be wielding a lot of soft, behind-the-scenes power. And if she takes after Littlefinger, then she'll definitely be a major game-player: a queen of sorts.

However, Rickon and Arya are both alive and a growing people not only know that they are, in fact, alive, but a large portion of that same group of people have seen them with their own eyes. The will doesn't make any mention of Arya (on the off-chance that she would be found alive) and the will is only based on the express condition of Rickon's death. And that's not counting Bran who technically comes before them all. Who knows how the coming northern succession crisis will play out. It's infinitely more complicated (and more entertaining) in the books than it was in the TV show.

So it could very well be: Cersei/Myrcella vs. Arianne vs. Daenerys vs. Sansa/Arya

It could even be five if it ever gets revealed that the fifth queen is an Other who is leading (or manipulating the Others) into waging war against mankind.

7 hours ago, BlackLightning said:

I also think Cersei will survive The Winds of Winter. But I don't think Myrcella will.

I hope that Myrcella survives the series and becomes a learned and famous septa like Hildegard of Bingen. I hate deterministic prophecies - they rob the characters both of responsibility and of any real achievement. And  Maggy's one is the worst of the bunch. Prophecies as probabilities and as something that could be fulfilled by different people who fit the requirements or even derailed entirely add spice to the narrative - prophecies and visions that are set in stone and can only be misunderstood turn the characters into puppets. IMHO, YMMV.

As to Cersei, dragging her along to the end of the series despite her incompetence and craziness would be boring and turn her into a Villain Sue. What happened to mistakes having consequences that attracted many to ASoIaF in the first place? She very much needs to die in TWoW - it would be a travesty if she didn't. The Westerlands and the rest of the Lannisters aren't going to put up with failure forever, particularly not from a woman.

Archived