Characters who deserve to DIE

I don't mean characters you don't like, or characters you think are annoying, I mean the sociopathic, loathsome people Martin has created who you'd like to see perish. I'll go first: 

• Roose Bolton 

Now, our two main Boltons are both awful, but though Ramsay has caused more harm on-screen, but Roose is a sociopathic serial rapist and serial killer. Ramsay may be the one who causes the most misery on the page, but Roose is the reason that he is that way. Roose is really twisted. 

Also he's probably a parasite that takes on the faces of those that - 

• Randyll "Rape Apologist" Tarly 

Even if you don't think he's a monstrous rape apologist (he is), he should suffer for what he did to my boy Sam. That abusive, toxic, disgusting monster. DIE, RANDYLL!!!! 

...I'm sorry...I just...I just really hate Randyll. 

• Euron Greyjoy 

Not only is he an evil human, he's also a drag on the plot who should never have been introduced in the first place. 

• Littlefinger 

Petyr Baelish is a real creep. He's an awful creep to Sansa, forcing himself on her and just being...just being incredibly awful to Sansa. 

Also, he got Ned killed, so if you somehow don't care about Sansa (which I know a lot of you do), you should hate him for that. 

EDIT: I completely forgot about Gregor Clegane, but the replies reminded me, so thank you. For Books 1-3, he was the character I most wished would bite the dust. 

16 minutes ago, Plain, Simple Tailor said:

• Euron Greyjoy 

Not only is he an evil human, he's also a drag on the plot who should never have been introduced in the first place. 

I'm pretty sure Euron is GRRM's take on the Dark Lord Archetype. Euron wants to destroy the world and remolded it in his own image among other things.... 

18 minutes ago, Plain, Simple Tailor said:

• Littlefinger 

Petyr Baelish is a real creep. He's an awful creep to Sansa, forcing himself on her and just being...just being incredibly awful to Sansa. 

Also, he got Ned killed, so if you somehow don't care about Sansa (which I know a lot of you do), you should hate him for that. 

He also is one of the main causes of the War of the Five Kings, a conflict that led to the deaths of tens of thousands 

Euron, the Slavers, Vargo, Ramsay, Gregor get off on inflicting pain and suffering on others.  They are the few examples of evil in the text.  The others like Roose, Walder, Tywin, Stannis, and Mance did very bad things but I wouldn't call them evil.  They had good reasons for most of the bad things they did.  

3 hours ago, Eddard Waters said:

I'm pretty sure Euron is GRRM's take on the Dark Lord Archetype. Euron wants to destroy the world and remolded it in his own image among other things.... 

9 hours ago, Plain, Simple Tailor said:

• Euron Greyjoy 

I think Euron will end up providing the best moments in the series going forward

10 hours ago, The Pink Letter said:

Euron, the Slavers, Vargo, Ramsay, Gregor get off on inflicting pain and suffering on others.  They are the few examples of evil in the text.  The others like Roose, Walder, Tywin, Stannis, and Mance did very bad things but I wouldn't call them evil.  They had good reasons for most of the bad things they did.  

Roose has committed atrocities in his lands his entire life. He raped Ramsay's mother and murdered her husband out of annoyance. His main objection to Ramsay's activities is that they violate "the masquerade" and risk exposure.

On top of that, he has spent almost the entire war abusing his position to sabotage Robb's armies by deliberately sacrificing forces that belonged to other lords from the north (i.e., his rivals), culminating in Duskendale.

Roose is pretty evil without good reason.

4 hours ago, Euron III Greyjoy said:

I mean this is ASOIAF, so the list is pretty much endless. I'd say some of the worst are:

• Euron Greyjoy
  • Roose Bolton
  • Ramsay Bolton
  • Walder Frey
  • Petyr Baelish
  • Varys
  • Cersei Lannister

There.  Forgive me for editing your list.  I thought it was good except for those two.  ;)

1 hour ago, Legitimate_Bastard said:

The remaining Brave Companions.

Bowen Marsh, all he does in count spoons!

Bowen Marsh doesn't deserve to die.  He is a loyal man of the Night's Watch who did what he did to stop Jon Snow from doing any more harm than he already has to the Watch, the kingdom, and the north.  What he did was a selfless act of courage to stop his erratic commander.  

14 minutes ago, Lluewhyn said:

Roose has committed atrocities in his lands his entire life. He raped Ramsay's mother and murdered her husband out of annoyance. His main objection to Ramsay's activities is that they violate "the masquerade" and risk exposure.

On top of that, he has spent almost the entire war abusing his position to sabotage Robb's armies by deliberately sacrificing forces that belonged to other lords from the north (i.e., his rivals), culminating in Duskendale.

Roose is pretty evil without good reason.

Agreed.  Roose killed the squatters.  Raped Ramsay's mom and hanged her husband. 

The sabotaging of Robb's army was okay because the Starks were rebels.  Roose had a higher duty to the king over Robb.  Rebellion is wrong by law.  

3 hours ago, Bullrout said:

Bowen Marsh doesn't deserve to die.  He is a loyal man of the Night's Watch who did what he did to stop Jon Snow from doing any more harm than he already has to the Watch, the kingdom, and the north.  What he did was a selfless act of courage to stop his erratic commander.  

It's the counting spoons I have a problem with. I never said anything about the mutiny. But since you mention it, Wick Whittlestick needs to die also. 

How effective/neutral would the NW be if Ramsay comes and takes over? RAMSAY BOLTON!! 

Deserves to die? I don't think thats a thing.

I mean maybe Khal Drogo, a vegetative state is no way to live. And Karstark had to go, to honor Robbs kingdom. But for the living, certainly some characters deserve retribution.

First, Walder. Mass murderer. But the mans like a hundred, his time is coming no matter what, no need to rob the Stranger. So let Frey get away with (20+) murder? Of course not, raise his castle to the ground and declare all Frey smallfolk.

Next wouls be the rapists and murderers of a lesser scale, like Gregors or Vargos soldiers. They are broken men, yet even wrong doers can find rehabilitation. I say pardon the lot, all knights and soldiers willing to take the pardon, the rest to the wall.

Kingslayers though are no common soldier. Euron and Roose must be sent to the Wall to appease their kingdom. 

However not all kingslayers can be sent to the Wall. Cersei refused Neds offer of banishment, but I believe its the only correct decision for her and the realm. Ser Jorah was a slaver turned rat, hes not that anymore. The world (and himself) turned Theon into a monster, yet hes changing himself back, I believe in Cersei.

As for the Ghiscari noblemen, until they start playing ball I say crucify those bitches

15 hours ago, Bullrout said:

The sabotaging of Robb's army was okay because the Starks were rebels.  Roose had a higher duty to the king over Robb.  Rebellion is wrong by law.  

aaargh… not this crap again please… "Rebellion is wrong" :bang:  when rebellion is the essence of the series…

I would add Victarion... and some more. Actually the traditional lifestyle the Ironborn elites love so much is perpetual threat for the kingdom. Some of them should meet the drowned god immediately, the rest should be dealt with the good old Assyrian way. NW will need people to develop the Gift :idea:.

Not sure about Varys. I do not know what's his game really is. His actions during the rule of Aerys II were quite destructive. Was there a point to remove Targaryens from the iron throne just to bring them back after several years of chaos?

On 3/20/2019 at 5:04 PM, FitzChivalry Fartseer said:

Oh yeah that guy really is horrible, Black Walder too

He was the mastermind and the choreographer of the Red Wedding 

Guest rights is/one of a few strands of universal law/order/decency the realm has.  Going against that and using it as part of a deception is the Westeros version of WMDs.  Robb may have had it coming to him, but in this manner clearly crossed the line.  

Black Walder is just a scary, aggressive, bad dude. 

Archived