Characters who deserve to DIE

5 hours ago, CAllDSmith said:

I have not read the chapter but I know its contents, which is why I say maybe earns her pardon through suffering. It really depends on the fate of her half-sisters and whether they ever get closure. Same with how while I like Asha, I can't respect her fully until she owns up to how her humiliation and treatment of her brother led to him being turned into Reek. Honestly if I could have one more chapter with Balon Greyjoy it would be to see his reaction to what he did to his own blood with his stupidity and jerkishness (I don't believe Balon will have changed much, but Aeron does say he looked older so maybe he did have a moment of realizing what he did.) 

Hmm, im not a believer in someone earning a pardon throuh suffering. Rather, i think once people start to suffer, we realise oh hell i shouldnt have wished that on anyone no matter what they did.

im not sure how Asha bears any responsibility for Theon becoming Reek though, thats on Ramsay’s tortures and Theon’s own decisions. Asha is hardly a shining beacon of morality but i dont see her as to blame for that

Though I have distaste toward many of the characters most people mentioned including Baelish, Mountain, Cersei, Euron, bunch of Freys and Boltons.

Personally I consider some characters are also guilty enough to be given death sentence for various crimes in world, including : Theon, Tyrion, Sandor and Ser Jaime though i like them as characters. 

In case of more grey characters author seems to be led in philosophy of following quote, and I try to accept that though plot armor on mostly  Lannisters is annoying at times:

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.” 
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

6 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

im not sure how Asha bears any responsibility for Theon becoming Reek though, thats on Ramsay’s tortures and Theon’s own decisions. Asha is hardly a shining beacon of morality but i dont see her as to blame for that

I'm on Clash of Kings on my re-read (started friday, should be finished tomorrow.) and honestly the chapter where Theon comes to Pyke is the hardest chapter in it. He's basically a guy who wants to be loved. His brothers abused him, his father gave him up to Eddard, Eddard spent every day prepared to cut Theon's head off, Robb is the only one he calls friend and Robb still yelled at him when he (Theon) saved Bran. (I'm not saying Robb wasn't wrong I'm explaining Theon's mental situation.) 

So with one sort-of father figure dead (Notice how Theon never asks "what would Balon do?" in his Winterfell chapters.) Theon is finally returning home expecting to have a great welcoming, how the Stark's would treat Benjen, or Jon, or any other Stark who is coming home from travel. Instead no one is waiting for him at the dock, and then Damphair shows up and treats Theon pretty poorly. Theon then tries to be on his best behavior when he finally sees his dad (remember Theon thinks he's his father's heir because that's how Greyjoy inheritance has de facto worked for three centuries.) but in his attempts to compensate and try to make his daddy proud he forgets the iron price and goes to far, instead of a great homecoming where he's loved and feasted and welcomed back he's friendless and essentially rejected by everyone. Patrek Mallister treated Theon better and Patrek's dad killed Theon's brother! So he comes back to rejection, failure and needing to make war on his only friend because he forgot how to advise Robb on writing his letter. 

And then things get worse, Asha shows up and utterly humiliates him in front of Lordsport, in front of the Iron Fleet, in front of Pyke, in front of their family, in front of pretty much the entirety of the Iron Islands. He tries to act the dutiful son to his father and gets insulted, is sent to harrow a poor stretch of the North only nominally in command with his terrifying uncle Aeron, and terrifying reaver Dagmar as his babysitters. Every action Theon takes is based on trying to make up for the rejections and humiliations he received from his uncles, father and sister. Did Theon need to be taken down a peg or two? Probably. Did he deserve to be humiliated like that? Not necessarily. Did he deserve to feel unloved? Never. Did he deserve for the second to last woman to touch his manhood to be his sister? Of course not.  

While Theon made his own choices and let himself be manipulated by Reek, Asha and the rest of the Greyjoy family need to own up to the fact that their shitty treatment of him is what led him to the fate he ended up having. 

6 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Hmm, im not a believer in someone earning a pardon throuh suffering. Rather, i think once people start to suffer, we realise oh hell i shouldnt have wished that on anyone no matter what they did.

I can respect that opinion but I have to disagree. Suffering is the only way someone can earn a pardon. If a thief is to be pardoned/made right they have to suffer returning the stolen property. For the instance of rape in the setting the choices are be gelded, hanged, or sent to the NW to earn pardon for their crimes through one of three forms of suffering. 

3 hours ago, Eltharion21 said:

Personally I consider some characters are also guilty enough to be given death sentence for various crimes in world, including : Theon, Tyrion, Sandor and Ser Jaime though i like them as characters. 

I wonder what crime you're placing Tyrion on that list for. (I can understand some reasons why a person might put him there, but I wouldn't necessarily agree with most of them.) I honestly would love to see a fair trial for Tyrion on patricide where he is able to air out all of Tywin's dirty laundry. I honestly believe most people would take Bronn's opinion on the matter 

Thirteen or thirty I'd kill any man who did that to me.

5 hours ago, CAllDSmith said:

I wonder what crime you're placing Tyrion on that list for. (I can understand some reasons why a person might put him there, but I wouldn't necessarily agree with most of them.) I honestly would love to see a fair trial for Tyrion on patricide where he is able to air out all of Tywin's dirty laundry. I honestly believe most people would take Bronn's opinion on the matter 

Even if I disregard that he is traitor along with all that supported Joffrey, and would be executed by rightful King of Westeros. He also murdered his Father, his "mistress" Shae and Symon Silver Tongue among other crimes.

He might get a trial , though I doubt that it will be fair as many things are in Westeros, and even then good doesn't wash out the bad.

Regarding his fate there is some threat of Victarion and his distaste of monkeys and Tyrion being named such, also lot of people have extrapolated him losing his tongue from the text.

Archived