Do you think we’ll see John the Fiddler again in a new Dunk and Egg story?

Mwm

I don't think so. From the wiki:

Bloodraven kept Daemon alive as a hostage to prevent Aegor Rivers from crowning Daemon's younger brother, Haegon.[2] However, Daemon the Younger died a few years later while a hostage in the Red Keep, and Haegon and Bittersteel launched the Third Blackfyre Rebellion.[3]

The significance of Daemon II Blackfyre / John the Fiddler would be in the nickname he earned in jousting with Gledon Flowers: the Brown Dragon. There is a meaning in the color Brown, but I'm not sure what it is. Bloodraven imprisoning The Brown Dragon may be the key to Daemon's purpose, and he will no longer be needed in the story.

The second Blackfyre Rebellion that unfolded at Whitewalls seems to be slightly different from the others, as Aegor / Bittersteel refuses to help and Danelle Lothston sends bannermen to support Bloodraven's side while she typically remained neutral in the other Blackfyre uprisings. So I think John the Fiddler was a one-off and we won't see him again.

Lord Alyn Cockshaw, however, might reappear in person or in a new guise (in the manner of many of GRRM's reborn characters). If he does reappear, he will probably express hatred for Dunk as soon as he sees him.

Brown is the color of feces.  A person so smeared in public loses a bit of their gravitas if it should so happen as punishment.  Cersei and Joffrey got fecal bombed and lost their step.  It depends on the circumstance.  Jorah and Barristan were hip deep in the sewers of Meereen but that's not public punishment.  

7 minutes ago, Bullrout said:

Brown is the color of feces.  A person so smeared in public loses a bit of their gravitas if it should so happen as punishment.  Cersei and Joffrey got fecal bombed and lost their step.  It depends on the circumstance.  Jorah and Barristan were hip deep in the sewers of Meereen but that's not public punishment.  

In The Sworn Sword, I believe dirt and brown are associated with earth and is the place where plants grow. Earth, of course, cannot grow plants without water and the water shortage for Standfast is the central conflict of the story.

So I'm not sure that brown is only the color of poo. Daemon II falling in the mud might be seen as a sort of baptism into these elements of life, even though the overt meaning was that he was humiliated and lost his jousting match.

• 5 weeks later...

For some strange reason, I would really like to see him again as well.

I found him quite interesting. Maybe because he is the first blackfyre we meet (and I hope that GRRM will write more Dunk and Egg novellas so that he won't be the last). Also with him being Daemon's son, we could learn more things about his legendary father, fireball and bittersteel and many other interesting characters through his personal experiences.

Lastly, there is the matter of how he died as it was mentioned before:

On 3/19/2019 at 8:12 PM, Euron III Greyjoy said:

I don't think we'll actually see him again, but we'll probably hear of how he died

I neither believe that we will actually see him again since we will follow D&E journeys which will probably not take place in Kings Landing but I would appreciate it if we were informed of how he died at least. (I have a feeling that his death will be because of a stupid mishap and that he will be the one to cause it accidentally).

And since you talked about him being in Kings Landing I don't think that we will see him cursing I believe the exact opposite to be honest. He may initially be angry about his imprisonment but the boy was born to be entertained in the high court surrounded by handsome young lordlings not living in ESSOS with angry war thirsty men like bittersteel and having to carry the burden of taking revenge for his father. I think some part of him will feel somewhat free despite him being a prisoner.

Archived