MCUniverse: Cat Scratch Fever edition.

Red Tiger

15 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Plus another half an hour while you sit and wait for the post credit scene.

(will they even have one?)

I think credits are included in the runtime, right? It's the "the film starts a good 30 minutes after when the cinema says it starts" that tends to catch me out.

Hopefully cinemas don't see an opportunity to sell more food and drinks by having an intermission. That made some of the LOTR viewings a long event 

Plus they need the end credit to tease the next phase. Maybe the sillouhettes of a rocky figure (not balboa), an elongated figure one with "heat" coming of and um the lack of a woman? That way they don't need to have cast anyone. Or Deadpool appearing.

Was trying to pre-book tickets yesterday but they haven't started selling in the UK yet. Definitely worth shelling out a few more quid for the reclining leather sofa seats and ideally central as don't need a 4 hour long crick in my neck

36 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Plus another half an hour while you sit and wait for the post credit scene.

(will they even have one?)

I so want a post credit scene with Wade coming in like Krusty does here.

"I've been with Fox for the past decade guys, what did I miss", lol

38 minutes ago, red snow said:

I think credits are included in the runtime, right? It's the "the film starts a good 30 minutes after when the cinema says it starts" that tends to catch me out.

It doesn't seem to catch out a lot of people in the cinemas I got to as they always arrive about 40 minutes late! :(

I do wonder what a post credit sequence would tease though, do Marvel really know what their next phase looks like? So far it just seems to be a collection of smaller scale, less interesting movies.

1 hour ago, Heartofice said:

It doesn't seem to catch out a lot of people in the cinemas I got to as they always arrive about 40 minutes late! :(

I do wonder what a post credit sequence would tease though, do Marvel really know what their next phase looks like? So far it just seems to be a collection of smaller scale, less interesting movies.

They’ll build up to Galactus or Doctor Doom I’d imagine. Now that the Fox deal is finalized they have access to some of Marvel’s best villains.

Part of me is still a little disappointed the post credit scenes were not used to show Thanos getting some of the Infinity Stones. For example Thanos getting the power stone could have been one, in place of him just randomly having it at the start of the film.

1 hour ago, red snow said:

Was trying to pre-book tickets yesterday but they haven't started selling in the UK yet. Definitely worth shelling out a few more quid for the reclining leather sofa seats and ideally central as don't need a 4 hour long crick in my neck

I’ve had my local Showcase’s tweets set on ‘notify’ for weeks now, I keep snapping my phone out of my pocket every time I get an alert. Aiming for the earliest Thursday non-3D showing, near as I can get to penultimate row centre (I haven’t thought about this too much or anything).

Speaking of 3D, I haven’t bothered with it for years now but a buddy of mine really rated Captain Marvel in 3D. Has it improved much? It’s surprisingly limiting for cinema times, 3D gets the larger screens, the better sound, and the times that don’t sit right over a mealtime. 

4 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Usually with a pile of nachos and hot dogs i find.

I imagine Guardians 3 will be big as will black panther 2 in scope. I guess you sre right with shang chi and black widow in terms of hopefully not bring about saving the planet/galaxy. Eternals could be a big project though depending on the direction they choose to go on. Eternals seem an odd choice now they have the X-men

4 hours ago, sifth said:

They’ll build up to Galactus or Doctor Doom I’d imagine. Now that the Fox deal is finalized they have access to some of Marvel’s best villains.

I doubt they'll have filmed a scene or really started planning anything with those before the deal was finalized.

We'll probably just get some comedy or heartwarming bit for both.

10 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

I doubt they'll have filmed a scene or really started planning anything with those before the deal was finalized.

We'll probably just get some comedy or heartwarming bit for both.

To be sure, I was more referring to what phase 4 will be about more than anything else. 

Thanos is even more powerful on DVD, where you can see evidence that he's used the time stone to revise history after the theatrical release of the movie!  On several occasions the disc froze , which can only mean that he created a Time Stop effect that forced me to restart the movie--my god he's so powerful as to reach even the home viewer!   And a couple key battle sequences were skipped over entirely by the scratched DVD- - - the implications of that are astounding!   Thanos must be going back in time and erasing those moments from the timeline.  He's scared of leaving any past vulnerabilities for the avengers to seize upon during their time travel attack!   

If he's capable of this, he can do anything- - - using the reality and time stones together, he could show us the end credits scene for Endgame in the middle of the movie!!!!  And in it, he could surround himself with porgs. 

The post Endgame teaser scene should be of Thanos living on after the godhood is over.  Have him shrug his shoulders like Eh, you live and you learn.  Then pan out the view to see his palace inside the soul stone where there'a lots of evil projects to tinker on in preparation for when he busts out.

36 minutes ago, The Mother of The Others said:

Thanos is even more powerful on DVD, where you can see evidence that he's used the time stone to revise history after the theatrical release of the movie!  On several occasions the disc froze , which can only mean that he created a Time Stop effect that forced me to restart the movie--my god he's so powerful as to reach even the home viewer!   And a couple key battle sequences were skipped over entirely by the scratched DVD- - - the implications of that are astounding!   Thanos must be going back in time and erasing those moments from the timeline.  He's scared of leaving any past vulnerabilities for the avengers to seize upon during their time travel attack!   

If he's capable of this, he can do anything- - - using the reality and time stones together, he could show us the end credits scene for Endgame in the middle of the movie!!!!  And in it, he could surround himself with porgs. 

The post Endgame teaser scene should be of Thanos living on after the godhood is over.  Have him shrug his shoulders like Eh, you live and you learn.  Then pan out the view to see his palace inside the soul stone where there'a lots of evil projects to tinker on in preparation for when he busts out.

Well what really happened was Captain Marvel, after establishing herself a superhero in 1995, actually met Thanos around 2005, and humiliated him in battle. What you saw or failed to see more exactly was Thanos erasing that from the timeline. Only on obscure DVDs people may find the truth. Anyone watching 4K or digitally streaming will remain oblivious.

1 hour ago, The Mother of The Others said:

So Thanos has the power of both The World and King Crimson, lol

8 hours ago, Heartofice said:

I imagine with the acquisition of Fox, they'll be able to go in several different directions: Dr. Doom and Magneto, the Heralds of Galactus, Thanos teaming up with the Avengers to fight Galactus, Apocalypse...I seriously doubt that things are about to get boring in the MCU.

11 hours ago, mormont said:

Set aside the evening and bring snacks. It appears Infinity War will be three hours long.

If you want a best picture academy award for a fantasy type movie you need to make it 3hrs long. IIRC the only such movie to win bp was >3hrs. So therefore 100% of fantasy-type movies to win bp are 3hrs long, based on a sample size of 1.

So, we've had 3 phases, but after Endgame it's a totally new phase. Instead of double phasing, I suggest phase 1-3 was the first epoch of the MCU, so now we're into the second epoch with phase 4, and if this thing has legs there might be 3 phases to this epoch and so on and etc. So with that said, the 2nd Epoch, must surely have as an overarching threat something on a galactic scale, like Thanos was. IMO, the end credits scene would be cool to tease Galactus, by giving us a look at the Silver Surfer. Most fans will recognise SS as A fantastic 4 thing, so it not only teases Galactus, but also that F4 will be part of the 2nd Epoch. Even though X-men are also like to be part of the 2nd Epoch, it'll be too close to the Dark Phoenix to tease them I reckon, unless they yank Dark Phoenix and make it a streaming movie. That means I'm hoping for a GoTG3 tease, which will hopefully be the avenue through which the next galactic threat comes to us.

22 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

That means I'm hoping for a GoTG3 tease, which will hopefully be the avenue through which the next galactic threat comes to us.

Yeah, I'm definitely hoping for a GotG3 introduction to the SS, as that makes the most sense as a set-up to the Big Bad for MCU Epoch 2, as you describe it.

It also puts a few more years in between that Fant-four-stick abortion of a movie and Marvel's introduction of the super squad along with Dr. Doom.

Archived