MCUniverse: Cat Scratch Fever edition.

Red Tiger

I dunno, a plain old tease-the-next-film seems a bit too run of the mill for Endgame. And I don’t think X-Men or FF will be anywhere near planned enough to do anything with. I’ll go with - Bucky picking up a dead Cap’s shield or something. Or maybe nothing, maybe they kill them off for Phase 4 seeing as they’ve been half-hearted for a long while now (mid-credits: footage from another film, end credits: light hearted and completely missable).

Hell I hope there is some type of intermission, 10-15 min would be good for me, relieve some bladder pressure, stretch some legs and get back into it. Or use that bathroom app I heard of that tells you the best time to go.

It would be nice to get a truly good FF movie. They were among my favorites growing up and for some reason they keep failing at the movies.

6 hours ago, sifth said:

To be sure, I was more referring to what phase 4 will be about more than anything else. 

Fair enough.

I kinda hope it's Doom more than Galactus. Just that backing straight into Galactus right after Thanos seems like a bad idea, they're obviously not identical but they're similar enough. Give some time.

44 minutes ago, dbunting said:

It would be nice to get a truly good FF movie. They were among my favorites growing up and for some reason they keep failing at the movies. 

We'll always have the Incredibles.

It's true about bladder pressure.  For Captain Marvel I purposely drank nothing that morning and totally nailed the pre-movie piss, and even still would you believe there was instant bladder awareness the whole movie and as the movie built dramatic tension so did the bladder, like two choreographed dancers.  Then, I timed it perfectly.  Peed the longest piss ever for the entire rolling of the credits, got back to the theater just in time for the final scene.  So this 3 hour Endgame will be the end of me.

Is it possible to do a serious adult movie about a bendy stretchy guy and a guy made of orange clumps of stone that could be cousins with the Cool Aid guy?   Invis.Girl is easily forgiven because she's hot, and invisible characters are legit thanks to the Jem Hadar.  The hot headed Torch is already on the Avengers as Cap so that should be an easy transition, just have Cap die and reprise his Torch role.   (I worry about Fantastic Four and X- Men fitting in).

alternate end-credits scenes for Antman 2 could have been:

º Antman blows up the Earth with a quantum black hole implosion totally by accident, ends with him declaring "shit!"

º Antman tunnels into the tachyon stream to go back in time to stop himself from doing it.   He wonders aloud to his other self where this convenient river of reverse timeflow came from and younger Antman tracks tachyons coursing away toward the other side of the world to Wakanda, where Thanos just reversed time to get the mind stone.  Antman sees the new quantum reality of The Snap as a shockwave spreading outward from Thanos through the mini-verse, with each quark intrinsically bowing to the Guantlet's control like molecules praying to Mecca.   Proof of a new god rising.  Antman is clueless what it means, because he hasn't seen Infinity War.  "Younger" Antman investigates too closely and gets sucked into the Thanos power vortex and dies screaming, relaying some final intel to his "elder" time traveler self who also remains in the quantum realm (and will live an alternate life now that the Earth no longer blows up).   Antman calls out "guys?....guys?" to the freshly dusted Wasp and Pym for rescue as per Antman and the Wasp.

I can sympathize. Whenever I go see a movie I'm really hyped for I have to make sure the last time I ate or drank anything was at least three hours ago if I don't want my stomach to betray me at a crucial moment.

Having said that, I've watched three hour movies before and when they're good (Silence, The Hateful Eight) I don't actually notice how long they are so Endgame possibly being 180 minutes or more doesn't worry me too much.

1 hour ago, Bastard of Boston said:

VALKYRIE! My biggest takeaway.

Yes, this. Funny because i was just thinking today, i would love to see more Tessa Thompson in the MCU going forward. Loved her as Valkyrie.

1 hour ago, Knight of Ashes said:

On the subject of peeing: I'm seriously considering taking an old water bottle and discreetly pissing into it as I carry on watching and hope I don't miss the target the way I often do.

Just do what I do, run 9 miles before going to see the film. You wont have to use the restroom at all after that. This isn't even a joke, I literally do this every day after work.

I haven't seen Captain Marvel yet but I wouldn't mind a post credits scene involving one of the Stan Lee filmed but unreleased outtakes as a form of homage. I highly doubt we're getting anything Phase 4 or former Fox property.. I just don't think they've had time to think that one through yet. I could be pleasantly surprised. 

26 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Did people call for an intermission for Return of the King?  Pshaw.

We are older now!

3 hours ago, The Mother of The Others said:

Is it possible to do a serious adult movie about a bendy stretchy guy and a guy made of orange clumps of stone that could be cousins with the Cool Aid guy?   Invis.Girl is easily forgiven because she's hot, and invisible characters are legit thanks to the Jem Hadar.  The hot headed Torch is already on the Avengers as Cap so that should be an easy transition, just have Cap die and reprise his Torch role.   (I worry about Fantastic Four and X- Men fitting in).

But we can have "serious" movies that include a man who grows like 5 times his size, turns green and yet always has pants on? Or a movie with a wizard who can use a time stone, and yet doesn't see the wisdom in reversing time to prevent Thanos from getting the first stone, last stone, or IDK killing him young to prevent him from killing trillions of beings? C'mon, if the Hulk can have one of the best scenes (tossing Loki around like a rag doll) then we can have clobbering time!

49 minutes ago, WarGalley said:

I haven't seen Captain Marvel yet but I wouldn't mind a post credits scene involving one of the Stan Lee filmed but unreleased outtakes as a form of homage. I highly doubt we're getting anything Phase 4 or former Fox property.. I just don't think they've had time to think that one through yet. I could be pleasantly surprised. 

Yeah they don't. From what I've been reading all contracts and negotiations for such things was frozen when the deal making started, so there's no way they would have time to do anything other then maybe a few wink wink nudge nudge references.

21 hours ago, The Grey Wolf said:

My biggest takeaway was that Shuri got dusted. After all, the Russo brothers revealed a while back that Valkyrie was still alive as of Infinity War.

But it's cool to get some type of confirmation that she'll play some role in Endgame. I remember she was doing promotional photo shoots around the time Infinity War came out, so I had assumed it maybe meant that they shot stuff with her, but I'm so ready to see her mix it up with the rest of the Avengers.

Archived