MCUniverse: Cat Scratch Fever edition.

Red Tiger

11 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Really? Where was that said, hinted or implied?

On my phone, but a quick Google search tells you the Russo brothers confirmed Sif is "gone". Doesn't specify if that's due to Ragnarok or the snap.

14 minutes ago, The Mother of The Others said:

I remember hearing tell that someone asked marvel about Sif after ragnarok and the answer was being absent from the movie didn't save her from dying along with the rest of the brave companions.   

:Phaha, which one was Vargo Hoat?

13 minutes ago, DMC said:

On my phone, but a quick Google search tells you the Russo brothers confirmed Sif is "gone". Doesn't specify if that's due to Ragnarok or the snap.

MCU Wiki says she was exiled by Loki pre Ragnarok and then she was snapped out of existence.

Here’s the link to that Russo brothers confirmation of some unconfirmed dead people.  It’s a fun read.  Jane Foster’s fate is spoilery, apparently.

7 hours ago, Bastard of Boston said:

I would ship Carol and Valkyrie so bad. That said, while I wouldn't care if Carol was revealed to be some form of queer in the MCU, I do find it a little comedic that the time we get a movie which doesn't feature a male love interest for the female protag, the immediate takeaway is that the female protag must be gay. I think one of the things about Captain Marvel that truly made it a feminist film is the fact that it centered on a female friendship.

It's not just that it's the first opportunity for it, they coded the hell out of the relationship and a lot of it was specific to the way a hidden (due to societal pressures/banned in the military) gay relationship would have looked at the time. Her relationship with Maria's kid is a big part. The whole chosen family is a big one for that as well - she rejected her biological family and chose the one with Maria.

I'm not saying it's canon, I'm just saying there's a lot more than wishful thinking and the first female centered marvel movie.

7 minutes ago, karaddin said:

she rejected her biological family and chose the one with Maria.

On this point I do initially think it's weird that we don't get anything on her biological family, which means we probably never will.  But, thinking about it, we don't for Cap or Banner either, so I suppose it's not too weird.

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

On this point I do initially think it's weird that we don't get anything on her biological family, which means we probably never will.  But, thinking about it, we don't for Cap or Banner either, so I suppose it's not too weird.

We do though, we get a line from Maria about falling out with her Dad. I'm forgetting the exact wording but she's estranged from her bio family

5 hours ago, john said:

I think Thor should get back with Jane Foster, call me old fashioned.  What’s up with Lady Sif anyway? Is she dead or snapped or what?

He’s an alien but still a non sentient creature.  Bestiality’s a bit far even in the name of diversity.

In the Comics didn't Loki's spirit take over Sif or some such?

14 minutes ago, karaddin said:

It's not just that it's the first opportunity for it, they coded the hell out of the relationship and a lot of it was specific to the way a hidden (due to societal pressures/banned in the military) gay relationship would have looked at the time. Her relationship with Maria's kid is a big part. The whole chosen family is a big one for that as well - she rejected her biological family and chose the one with Maria.

I'm not saying it's canon, I'm just saying there's a lot more than wishful thinking and the first female centered marvel movie.

Definitely. I mean im not exactly the most observant with these things and even i got the strong ‘yep there could well be something there.’ Works fine as friendship too but for me the romantic connection is the more likely, mostly because of how Carol acts with the child

6 minutes ago, karaddin said:

We do though, we get a line from Maria about falling out with her Dad. I'm forgetting the exact wording but she's estranged from her bio family

Meh, I meant more than that.  We get allusions to Cap's family as well.

Anyway I agree how close she is with the kid - and that they still have all her things - is a fairly decent indicator they were in more than a platonic relationship.

8 hours ago, Corvinus said:

In the Endgame trailer, the moment between Thor and Carol made some people ship them together. In Thor Ragnarok, there's some hints at a possible Thor-Valkyire hook up, so now people are shipping Carol and Valkyrie. hmm, maybe a love triangle? :leer:

Lends weight to the notion that everyone should be bi. That way love triangle can be extra juicy with everyone figuring out that everyone fancies everyone. Then it becomes a 3-way. And the MCU becomes Sense8.

15 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Lends weight to the notion that everyone should be bi. That way love triangle can be extra juicy with everyone figuring out that everyone fancies everyone. Then it becomes a 3-way. And the MCU becomes Sense8.

I already wanted my space road trip movie with the three of them before this idea gained momentum. Suffice to say I'm OK with this development.

Re-watched Homecoming, and a thought occurred to me - is Spider-Man beholden to the Sokovia Accords? Considering the monumental mess at the ferry, you would think the consequences would be more severe than a stern talking-to and suit confiscation. Maybe because he's a minor, he can't be prosecuted under the Accords, but an adult (Tony) had to vouch for him. :dunno:

On 3/30/2019 at 1:15 PM, Corvinus said:

Re-watched Homecoming, and a thought occurred to me - is Spider-Man beholden to the Sokovia Accords? Considering the monumental mess at the ferry, you would think the consequences would be more severe than a stern talking-to and suit confiscation. Maybe because he's a minor, he can't be prosecuted under the Accords, but an adult (Tony) had to vouch for him. :dunno:

I thought the supers had to sign the Accords to be bound by them. If Spidey didn't sign then he's not subject to them.

I didn't even realise the accords were still a thing. It probably isn't worth getting too hung up about otherwise all superheroics set on earth post civil war are problematic. Should Spidey be doing any non avengers crime-fighting? 

14 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

I thought the supers had to sign the Accords to be bound by them. If Spidey didn't sign then he's not subject to them.

Well in the words of Secretary Ross, those that didn't sign retired. Spidey clearly wasn't "retired".

11 minutes ago, red snow said:

I didn't even realise the accords were still a thing. It probably isn't worth getting too hung up about otherwise all superheroics set on earth post civil war are problematic. Should Spidey be doing any non avengers crime-fighting? 

In Homecoming they still were - you got the intro with Peter documenting his exploits in Germany, you got the gym teacher showing the Captain America video, but saying Cap might now be a war criminal, and the Accords were being taught in school. We don't know the full extent of the Accords, other than the vague "the Avengers need to be kept in check"

I think the Accords came about after the Avengers went from country to country as they pleased, so maybe they’re mainly focused on some formal way of requesting their help ... Spidey staying in the US might have helped, be good to see a mention in Far From Home. Or maybe, if people remember The Snap in any way, nobody really cares anymore.

EDIT: actually thinking about it, surely he would have signed up as part of Team Stark when he went to Germany? 

The Far From Home trailer makes it pretty clear he's part of the accords.

(spoilers for those who avoided it to go in clean I suppose)

Fury comes and tags him in for official business, and while it wouldn't be impossible for Fury to be doing so on behalf of some rogue, non-Accords agency, or on his own, he definitely wouldn't be bringing a Spidey suit fresh out of Tony's lab with him if he were.

Archived