MCUniverse: Cat Scratch Fever edition.

Red Tiger

2 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

That was Vue, luckily I happened to read on Facebook that the Showcase app was selling them but not the website - got dead centre, Thursday 11:00! Boo-yah!

Woohoo!

I'm nearly there ... 34 mins ...

3 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

All the ticket talk an nobody linked the special look? It has Thanos!

The craziest part of all of that?  Bet none of it comes from at least the final 90 minutes of movie...

I want more full armor and crown Thanos.

Also.. since he has all of the stones and the gauntlet, couldn't he just snap people away one at a time or in groups? That would obviously be very anti-climactic for a fight scene and impossible to create story conflict but Thanos should really have no need to engage in hand to hand or other combat.

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

All the ticket talk an nobody linked the special look? It has Thanos!

I have chills :o

Tony looking at Peter's picture :crying:

Tony and Pepper. :wub:

Does Tony really have to ask if Cap trusts him?

Rocket and Nebula :crying:

This is going to be epic.  It's going to easily clear 2 billion of any currency.

6 hours ago, Mosi Mynn said:

I have chills :o

Tony looking at Peter's picture :crying:

Tony and Pepper. :wub:

Does Tony really have to ask if Cap trusts him?

Rocket and Nebula :crying:

This is going to be epic.  It's going to easily clear 2 billion of any currency.

They didn't really get a kiss and make up scene in IW. Shit went south way too fast. And for all Cap knows, Tony might have been AWOL debating with SS Ross over whether the UN should allow an Avengers response under the Accords or not.

How long before the MCU top 10 earners are all in the $1Bn club? Captain Marvel will get there this week, and be #7. Endgame will certainly get there, so that will be 8.

Will 9 and 10 come before the next Avengers movie? Far From Home could do it, but I suspect it won't. People will be coming off the Endgame high, and 3 MCU movies in quick succession making $1Bn would be crazy.

2 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

They didn't really get a kiss and make up scene in IW. Shit went south way too fast. And for all Cap knows, Tony might have been AWOL debating with SS Ross over whether the UN should allow an Avengers response under the Accords or not.

I didn't twig to this until your post but they didn't get any scene together at all. Best case is Cap knows from Bruce that Tony wound up on the spaceship trying to save one of the stones, I assume he has to at least know Tony is missing based on Bruce using the emergency contact phone to call him.

4 minutes ago, karaddin said:

I didn't twig to this until your post but they didn't get any scene together at all. Best case is Cap knows from Bruce that Tony wound up on the spaceship trying to save one of the stones, I assume he has to at least know Tony is missing based on Bruce using the emergency contact phone to call him.

Cap tells Ross in Infinity War that Earth just lost it's mightiest defender, or something like that, and he's done asking for permission. So he knows Tony went on that spaceship.

6 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Cap tells Ross in Infinity War that Earth just lost it's mightiest defender, or something like that, and he's done asking for permission. So he knows Tony went on that spaceship.

Right, good point.

AT - I'd guess at BP2 and maybe CM2 for the #9 and #10 slots as they seem likely to be the next ones to get the really big hype trains. BP2 seems pretty certain unless it comes out too late, CM2 I'd be less confident on as I don't think its had quite the intensity of the community impact BP had.

16 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Not only that but when the two lesser Thanos horse(wo)men show up to attack Scarlet Witch and Vision, the reason the latter realize something is wrong is they see footage of Tony "missing" and an alien spaceship in NY, as it's probably pretty big worldwide news.  This is presumably why Cap/BW/Falcon show up there in the first place.  Anyway, yeah, I don't mind Cap and Tony having their bro-makeup, Infinity War literally withheld that from us.

Are the two that go after Vision lesser than the big guy as well? Or is it just Ebon Maw that is above them as the second in command or something? In the fight at Wakanda it seems like the woman is the most senior/prominent of the remaining children of thanos.

:dunno:  I just said that cuz Maw was able to overpower Strange at exactly the thing Strange was supposed to be the "master" of, and his wingman (thing) was huge like Hulk.  That other two just seemed like badass fighters or some such.  At least that's the only reasonable explanation for why SW and Vision needed to be saved by Cap/BW/Falcon.

Those 2 seems like good options for making $1B.  

The night goblin and the witch elf do seem like nothing special other than cunning and fighting ability, which isn't nothing, but it's not special like massive strength or magical power.

I thought the big guy seemed quite analogous to the Hulk in being...less cunning, more brute force. So combined that would put him on the same peg as them. Any extra prominence for witch elf might be more down to the movie setting up its "female on female" battle by having her clash with BW. Given the big guy wiped the floor with the Hulkbuster armour and BW somewhat held her own against witch elf you're probably right that fighting ability and cunning doesn't catch up to massive strength lol. 

ETA: Although Banner does win with the rocket punch into the forcefield trick whereas witch elf needs the surprise attack from SW into her own spinning wheel tank things to take her out so who knows

3 hours ago, Corvinus said:

I love this scene.

Although Tony and Cap didn't meet in IW they both think of each other fondly.  Cap calls Tony Earth's best hero, and Tony Stark (of all people) is carrying around a flip phone with Cap's number on it. I mean, it might as well be a locket. :P

Archived