MCUniverse: Cat Scratch Fever edition.

Red Tiger

11 hours ago, WarGalley said:

I want more full armor and crown Thanos.

Also.. since he has all of the stones and the gauntlet, couldn't he just snap people away one at a time or in groups? That would obviously be very anti-climactic for a fight scene and impossible to create story conflict but Thanos should really have no need to engage in hand to hand or other combat.

I mean probably(comic version definitely), but now Thanos and the gauntlet are severely damaged/weakened so who knows how powerful he is. But his arrogance usually is his downfall, so he’ll love the challenge. That and the fact that he’s a classic self-sabotager. 

I really hope we get to see him enraged(smoke coming from his eyes) and just do work with the sword before his end. Give him a good death after a lengthy battle and I’ll be happy.

I just got my tickets for Friday morning since the NFL draft is that Thursday. I can’t wait.

4 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

I mean probably(comic version definitely), but now Thanos and the gauntlet are severely damaged/weakened so who knows how powerful he is. But his arrogance usually is his downfall, so he’ll love the challenge. That and the fact that he’s a classic self-sabotager. 

I really hope we get to see him enraged(smoke coming from his eyes) and just do work with the sword before his end. Give him a good death after a lengthy battle and I’ll be happy.

I just got my tickets for Friday morning since the NFL draft is that Thursday. I can’t wait.

Do you think he will be killed by the end? Or just defeated temporarily?

8 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Those 2 seems like good options for making $1B.  

The night goblin and the witch elf do seem like nothing special other than cunning and fighting ability, which isn't nothing, but it's not special like massive strength or magical power.

If they follow the comics on this one, Corvus Glaive may not be dead since his life is linked to his weapon, so only if the weapon, ie. The Glaive, gets destroyed, he dies. And that weapon is pretty special, it fucked up Vision pretty bad from the beginning.

While not developed, I thought these four villains represented strong challenges for the heroes. Proxima Midnight was beating both BW and Okoye, and took Wanda's superpowers to take her out. In the comics, she is a bit like Hawkeye, in that she never misses with her spear thingy. So I think a lot of comics fans cheered the moment when Cap caught her spear thingy. Cull Obisidian would have killed Tony in NYC if not for Wong. I liked that he seemed to have a little arsenal of gadgets and weapons, like a giant Batman. And of course, Ebony Maw dominated Dr. Strange.

1 hour ago, Heartofice said:

Saw a video online recently that suggested that:

Hide contents

Infinity War is setting up Galactus for future story threads, that 'the snap' was a way of preventing Galactus from eating the universe. Seems a bit far fetched but I liked the idea.

You know they’ll set the big guy up eventually.

4 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Saw a video online recently that suggested that:

Reveal hidden contents

Infinity War is setting up Galactus for future story threads, that 'the snap' was a way of preventing Galactus from eating the universe. Seems a bit far fetched but I liked the idea.

Spoiler

Does this need to be in spoiler tags?  I mean it's just internet speculation, right?  And obviously they will eventually integrate Galactus into the MCU, he's one of the best - or at least most famous - villains they got.  Don't think any of this qualifies as a spoiler.

7 minutes ago, Heartofice said:
  Hide contents

If it turns out to be true then it might spoil elements of Endgame. 

K, but that's like people saying "potential spoilers!" in the headline of their random theories and/or speculation.

2 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

I was trying to be polite you know.. but whatever 

I do know, wasn't trying to attack you or anything.  Just wanted to have the freedom to say Galactus out in the open.  We're here and we're...excited about an 11 figure corporate merger!

10 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Do you think he will be killed by the end? Or just defeated temporarily?

I do think we’ll see him again, so maybe he’ll just be defeated. I’m thinking he may come back at some point and help the heroes defeat someone like Galactus, but maybe that’s just wishful thinking. 

I doubt they’ll let Loki AND Thanos go away as they’re the only great villains so far. 

They should do the same kind of collaboration event thing they did for Avengers, have each member of the FF introduced in four different Marvel films, then have the FF film as the culmination, where they fight Galactus.

20 hours ago, karaddin said:

Given the big guy wiped the floor with the Hulkbuster armour and BW somewhat held her own against witch elf you're probably right that fighting ability and cunning doesn't catch up to massive strength lol. 

ETA: Although Banner does win with the rocket punch into the forcefield trick whereas witch elf needs the surprise attack from SW into her own spinning wheel tank things to take her out so who knows

Was gonna respond to this last night but instead watched a movie and went to bed.  That movie?  Thor: Ragnarok.  Like the ninth time I've watched it, it's fucking hilarious. 

Anyway, it got me thinking that I like the fact thus far we don't really have any defined "tiers" between the heroes, even though there should be.  Like, next time around - Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange, Scarlet Witch, Vision (is he survives) - they should be in their own tier.  A tier that is entirely different than the "suits" people - Black Panther, Spider Man, Ant Man, Wasp.  Valkyrie could be in that group too -- I suppose Bucky as well.  Then there's Black Widow and Falcon.  Thor and Hulk?  Well, Thor's in that first group.  Hulk is either at the bottom of that first group or the very top of the second group.  I think they'll keep both around, is why I mention it.

And another thing, I was thinking about that top tier group.  If you add Thor and Adam Warlock, who was hinted at in the credit scene of GOTG2, I think you have a good breakdown of which people should hold each infinity stone.  Narratively I think it's probably better to have the stones be destroyed at the end of Endgame.  Although the more I think about, I dunno.  There's always gonna be a MacGuffin.  Is it better to destroy your current MacGuffin and manufacture a new one or just keep using the same one?  Sounds like a wash to me.  But if they do keep it, I think all these holders make really good sense:

• Mind - Vision, duh, that's how he was created
  • Time - Strange, give it back to him
  • Space - Captain Marvel, she's the damn personification of the stone
  • Reality - Scarlet Witch, that's her power, who better to have it and use it if need be
  • Soul - Adam Warlock, that's pretty much how the comics go as I understand them
  • Power - Thor, he is worthy!

Yeah I'd definitely put T:R at the top of the Marvel movies for me - I'm not necessarily saying its the best but I definitely enjoy it the most. And come on, you give me Tessa Thompson walking across a rainbow bridge (that leads to the BIfrost of all things) looking bad ass with a cape while rainbow fireworks go off behind her and you're winning a LOT of points from me.

@DMC Re: Scarlet Witch and reality stone - her powers were granted by the mind stone right? But both aesthetically and in nature map directly onto the reality. That's a bit weird.

1 minute ago, karaddin said:

And come on, you give me Tessa Thompson walking across a rainbow bridge (that leads to the BIfrost of all things) looking bad ass with a cape while rainbow fireworks go off behind her and you're winning a LOT of points from me.

This is probably the best argument why people should still watch Westworld.

2 minutes ago, karaddin said:

@DMC Re: Scarlet Witch and reality stone - her powers were granted by the mind stone right? But both aesthetically and in nature map directly onto the reality. That's a bit weird.

Yep, makes no sense.  They're comic book movies, don't care too much.

2 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

I do think we’ll see him again, so maybe he’ll just be defeated. I’m thinking he may come back at some point and help the heroes defeat someone like Galactus, but maybe that’s just wishful thinking. 

I doubt they’ll let Loki AND Thanos go away as they’re the only great villains so far. 

I could see Thanos being defeated without being killed. He had an ending similar to the Hound in AFfC right? Self-imposed exile as a farmer or something like that.

Then later when a threat to ALL life in the universe comes around, Thanos has to get involved.. because his ultimate goal is to save the universe.

Imagine Thanos leading the Avengers..

But mostly, I don't want to see his character go. I love almost all of his dialogue.

17 minutes ago, DMC said:

This is probably the best argument why people should still watch Westworld.

Between her and Evan Rachel Wood I'm locked in for Westworld as long as they're on the cast

5 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

JMS has a theory on why Marvel does better than DC in the movie business:

https://twitter.com/straczynski/status/1113602656679817216

I like JMS, but no. That might be an argument for character popularity (whatever the media) but not why the Marvel movies have had more success than DC movies. Also, if Batman is a cop, so is Captain America.

Archived