MCUniverse: Cat Scratch Fever edition.

Red Tiger

17 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

"Glares suspiciously at Corvinus's Avatar"

Some raccoons broke into my trash last night and made a mess of things. YOU wouldn't know anything about that, would you?

now why would I do that. ;)

1 hour ago, Corvinus said:

I don't recall which season of AoS it was, it may have been season 2 finale, when the Agents find Strucker's base, and the movie opens up with the Avengers attacking said base. We also see Coulson had been working on a secret project to restore the helicarrier, and when Fury shows up in it, he said he had it restored with the help of some old friends. So I'd say there was a bit of a two-way going on here, and yes the last time the movies acknowledged the TV verse.

I think they saw the scripts and did what they could with it, I don’t buy for a second that the movies made any accommodations at all for AoS. And with Civil War...

7 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

The Sokovia Accords actually played a not minor role in the first third of Season 4 of Shield.

...I’m not even sure they saw a script for that. I can’t remember the details, but I’m pretty sure AoS assumes the accords are about registering, when Civil War never mentions that. They only ever talk about the Avengers needing UN permission before being deployed. It seems to me like AoS guessed that they’d use the comics version of Stark and Cap’s disagreement which they didn’t.

9 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Pretty sure the season I'm thinking of was written and filmed long after Civil War came out.

Yea, in which they doubled down on their interpretation of the Accords. I’m not saying it’s impossible they had multiple parts to the Accords, but if they did the movie never mentioned them.

Just watched ant-man and the wasp and the sokovia accords are given a fair bit of screentime.

Enjoyed the film more than i was expecting. It seemed a lot more comfortable as a comedy with fun action and some genuine laughs. Although the random rules for conservation of mass really irked me. They never seemed to stick to consistent rules. The closest they managed was that mass seemed to change with size so smaller things were lighter and bigger things were heavier. But even then there'd be times where small wasp or ant-man maintained regular strength.

The fights between ghost and wasp were really interesting and well choreographed. I also liked the lousy agent and walton goggins is always welcome even if just playing comic relief villain.

I can also see why some think time-travel could be at play in endgame now.

I wonder if fox owned the microverse as a FF thing? Just seemed microverse is cooler than quantum realm. Also waa really hoping for a bit more in what Janet was doing all that time. Her outfit implied she'd maybe being battling the denizens of the microverse. Maybe they can disclose it once they have the FF rights back

13 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

Yea, in which they doubled down on their interpretation of the Accords. I’m not saying it’s impossible they had multiple parts to the Accords, but if they did the movie never mentioned them.

But..their interpretation of the accords doesn't show up til long after the movie came out.

1 hour ago, Darth Richard II said:

But..their interpretation of the accords doesn't show up til long after the movie came out.

Ah, I see what you’re saying. Sorry. But I think they first showed up toward the end of season 3, or whenever Civil War was released. Then had more of an arc around it in season 4.

I'm impressed that i still have no idea at all what the film is actually going to be about. Marvel marketing have done a great job of resisting giving too much away in the last week of promotion. I mean they've marketed it so far as if all the dead characters are dead and won't appear. I'd be surprised if that's the case but the fact I'm not sure is only a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

That said i need to switch my google alerts off and avoid tv/comic/movie sites for 3 days. Screenrant is notorious for pulling shit like "spoiler x dies" then attaching photo of said character.

Will watch infinity again on Wednesday night.

I'm also expecting a cool post credits sequence setting up what's next as well as a phase 4 official announcement aftee the weekend of release. It'll be good to know what's coming out. Sort of hoping for the following (some essentially confirmed)

Black widow

Eternals

Thor 4

Dr strange 2

Guardians 3

Black panther 2

Shang Chi

Ant-man 3 (as long as it has a substantial quantum realm story mixed in eg actually doing something there maybe with a threat from anihilus 

Captain marvel 2

Spidey 3

New avengers/champions/defenders or ideally FF

I guess they are holding off announcements until endgame has aired. A substantial number of the above films currently have dead leads. Black Widow is being sold as a prequel and eternals and shang chi have no stakes in the current films. It says a lot for thor's last two appearances that he's the only member of the phase 1 films i want to see another film from. Iron man has had plenty of exposure and while I'd like more chris evans cap films it seems Evans wants to move on.

It’s been said that Spidey Far from home is not a phase 4 movie but is like an epilogue to Phase 3. I don’t know how that works but in some ways I find it reassuring as Far from Home looks far from exciting right now and not something to get me hyped for more Marvel movies. I’m still not sure how it ties into Endgame.

Cant wait till Thursday when I get to watching Endgame, yeah I’ve got no idea what is going to happen. The trailers have revealed nothing which in some sense has  left me a little confused as to how I feel, maybe I need to see more?

Downey Junior says last 8 minutes are best thing ever in marvel universe though 

2 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Confirmation Ironman either survives or dies in the last 8 minutes. Because RDJ wouldn't call it the best thing in MCU unless he was in it. :lol:

5 hours ago, Heartofice said:

It’s been said that Spidey Far from home is not a phase 4 movie but is like an epilogue to Phase 3. I don’t know how that works but in some ways I find it reassuring as Far from Home looks far from exciting right now and not something to get me hyped for more Marvel movies. I’m still not sure how it ties into Endgame.

Cant wait till Thursday when I get to watching Endgame, yeah I’ve got no idea what is going to happen. The trailers have revealed nothing which in some sense has  left me a little confused as to how I feel, maybe I need to see more?

Far from home will be a bit like ant-man was end of phase 2. A palatte cleanser of down to earth stakes. Have they ever said whether it's set after endgame? I'm pretty sure it is but i guess they may want to keep it as a potential "before endgame" film.

I've seen some people grasping at Spidey film launching phase 4 with norman Osborne and dark avengers being mentioned. I doubt Marvel really wants to make Spidey the key to the MCU when they gave him on loan. I think they are happy to have him in events but like to keep his own films contained. Which suits me as Spidey doesn't need to save the world in his own films

7 hours ago, red snow said:

Marvel marketing have done a great job of resisting giving too much away in the last week of promotion. I mean they've marketed it so far as if all the dead characters are dead and won't appear. I'd be surprised if that's the case but the fact I'm not sure is only a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

Well, I think a lot of the trailers have been pretty specific about the basic plot - they're gonna try to bring everybody back by getting their hands on the stones (sounds dirty when I put it that way).  I mean, I saw like a 15 second TV spot yesterday where that's pretty much literally all it was.  So in that way I think we can kind of be assured the dead characters will appear, unless they somehow fail again and Marvel's going really dark.

4 hours ago, DMC said:

Well, I think a lot of the trailers have been pretty specific about the basic plot - they're gonna try to bring everybody back by getting their hands on the stones (sounds dirty when I put it that way).  I mean, I saw like a 15 second TV spot yesterday where that's pretty much literally all it was.  So in that way I think we can kind of be assured the dead characters will appear, unless they somehow fail again and Marvel's going really dark.

Yeah, they've done a goid job of getting that over. The question is whether that's the entirety of the plot. It could be the "dead" characters have their own mission. Although if this is the last outing for several characters it's only fair they get plenty of screentime.

13 hours ago, red snow said:

Yeah, they've done a goid job of getting that over. The question is whether that's the entirety of the plot. It could be the "dead" characters have their own mission. Although if this is the last outing for several characters it's only fair they get plenty of screentime.

Yeah, I personally suspect that everything in the trailer will probably be in the first hour of the movie and there will be a lot of other stuff they simply haven't let us know yet. 

5 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

I am definitely hyped. Got my ticket for Thursday night.

Yep, I just did the same. Just a regular screen, but the only ticket available at a realistic hour is in the second row, so it'll seem like it's a jumbo screen! That's how it works, right?!

Between 30 minutes of soda ads and trailers then the movie then the longest credit roll ever (holy crap IW had so, so many names, I wonder if this is literally going to be true), I'll be in that room for near four hours. I know time is money and all, but I wouldn't in the least mind a 10 minute intermission. Have a leisurely potty break, smoke a cig (or in my case a sativa pen), buy more heart attack fuel.

Archived