MCUniverse: Cat Scratch Fever edition.

Red Tiger

41 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

That’s interesting if there’s no post-credit scene, I’ve been thinking for a while that they might have regretted doing those. I’ll still watch to the end just in case (or, to not look a fool in front of all the other Marvel fans :)) but they’ve been phoning them in for a while. Maybe they figured this is as good a movie as any to kill them off and there won’t be any going forward.

I always thought the fools where the people who stayed? Sitting through 20 mins of horseshit when you can just read about what happens the second you leave the cinema. 

4 minutes ago, WarGalley said:

Question for those that have seen Endgame: I haven't seen Captain Marvel yet. Should I watch it first?

It's not necessary if you can just accept that she's there and has these cool powers.

Purists will say you should see it, but I don't think you miss anything in the plot by having missed CM.

Agreed ^. I really enjoyed CM but it's not necessary for watching Endgame, just go in accepting that a) She's extremely powerful and b ) Can fly in space by herself. Technically B is a subset of A but warrants calling out on its own.

6 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

That’s interesting if there’s no post-credit scene, I’ve been thinking for a while that they might have regretted doing those. I’ll still watch to the end just in case (or, to not look a fool in front of all the other Marvel fans :)) but they’ve been phoning them in for a while. Maybe they figured this is as good a movie as any to kill them off and there won’t be any going forward.

Actually, the Captain Marvel credit scene is an important bridge to Endgame. Not vital, but not reiterated. 

I think they made the right call with no post credits. We've been conditioned to look for them all the time to hint at the future installments, but Endgame is not your average MCU film. Including a post credits would have cheapened the epic finality of this massive story arc (and built up whatever the next one is way too much).

10 hours ago, Werthead said:

This has taken forever, but finally (and only just a bit too late): the MCU Timeline.

Which I suspect will take complete rewriting tomorrow, but what the hell.

Great stuff @Werthead!

Just a quick note - I think Thor's new weapon is Stormbreaker rather than Stormbringer?

3 hours ago, ants said:

Actually, the Captain Marvel credit scene is an important bridge to Endgame. Not vital, but not reiterated. 

Do you mean Infinity War? Captain Marvel was just a comedic scene where something we knew full well was going to happen ... happened. Unless you mean the mid-credit scene, but then if that is or isn’t in Endgame, I don’t want to know.

I’d grant you Infinity War, but they’ve mostly been entirely disposable for a long time. There’s been very few that aren’t either scenes borrowed from an upcoming film, or are just a quick joke that nothing really turns on.

1 hour ago, DaveSumm said:

Do you mean Infinity War? Captain Marvel was just a comedic scene where something we knew full well was going to happen ... happened. Unless you mean the mid-credit scene, but then if that is or isn’t in Endgame, I don’t want to know.

I’d grant you Infinity War, but they’ve mostly been entirely disposable for a long time. There’s been very few that aren’t either scenes borrowed from an upcoming film, or are just a quick joke that nothing really turns on.

I meant what I said and I won’t say more. 

On 4/24/2019 at 1:19 AM, Kalbear said:

Also, how Endgame is doing their thing makes me wonder if 20 movies could have worked as a way to do GoT. You'd have to have fewer intersecting characters and whatnot, but you could have big payoff things interspersed with general stories that were somewhat self-contained. It probably wouldn't work quite the right way, but GoT ending and Endgame ending in this big messy emotional effects-laden finale feels like a similar way to do their stories.

We would've had a Dark Tower situation. Cram too much into first movie so it just blows itself up. We would never have had Game of Thrones be a world wide phenomenon. 

Season 1 needed the multiple episodes to build the payoff. 

Now, that said, post-season 1 it might have been possible to have a Jon movie, a Dany movie, a Winterfell,  and a Kings Landing, etc. But there isn't an "Iron Man" or "Captain America" initial story to kick it off.

And the fans (this forum) would've been up in arms if Movie 1 had just been Ned heading down to King's Town to solve a murder/genetics mystery. You think D&D get shit now? :lol:

Anyone seen, or going to, in 4D and if so what did that entail?  Personally, I hate 3D in the first place, so I wouldn’t like it but I wonder what kind of effects they do (or is it always the same? I’ve never been to one). I’m going to a laser ultra showing, which afaik is a 2D showing in a room fitted out for 3D.  They just have to get those extra bucks in opening week.

51 minutes ago, john said:

Anyone seen, or going to, in 4D and if so what did that entail?  Personally, I hate 3D in the first place, so I wouldn’t like it but I wonder what kind of effects they do (or is it always the same? I’ve never been to one). I’m going to a laser ultra showing, which afaik is a 2D showing in a room fitted out for 3D.  They just have to get those extra bucks in opening week.

Infinity War 4D = turning to dust during the snap? (or maybe just having dust dumped on you) :P

1 hour ago, Myrddin said:

Infinity War 4D = turning to dust during the snap? (or maybe just having dust dumped on you) :P

Getting splashed with Proxima Midnight's blood?

"Gross"

The 4D showing of Aquaman featured a brutal chilean sea bass impact to the forehead expertly timed for during the ocean swarm scene.

I don't go 3D for years now cuz everything that's not a 3D effect is blurry as all bang, so you really are getting 1.5D.   

What if there was a Rocket Raccoon one man play?  Phase 7!

22 hours ago, The Mother of The Others said:

I dont tweet so i have an extra 4 hours each day to devote to things like power sitting or waiting for credits to roll.

Is anybody else willing to wear an adult diaper to the theater and drink a big gulp and then report the results?

Adult diaper?!  Nah!  Space suit! :P

Archived