MCUniverse: Cat Scratch Fever edition.

Red Tiger

3 hours ago, Myrddin said:

Infinity War 4D = turning to dust during the snap? (or maybe just having dust dumped on you) :P

You (rightly) use the tongue smiley, but that would’ve been awesome! Like black confetti or something.

On 4/25/2019 at 1:56 PM, Jeor said:

It's not necessary if you can just accept that she's there and has these cool powers.

Purists will say you should see it, but I don't think you miss anything in the plot by having missed CM.

On 4/25/2019 at 2:12 PM, karaddin said:

Agreed ^. I really enjoyed CM but it's not necessary for watching Endgame, just go in accepting that a) She's extremely powerful and b ) Can fly in space by herself. Technically B is a subset of A but warrants calling out on its own.

I semi-disagree with it not being necessary viewing. It's no less necessary than any other solo MCU movie. Since with every character in the MCU movies you can easily bone up on who they are on a wiki and then go in and enjoy each Avengers movie. I do know some people who only watch Avengers movies and never really bother with the "minor" entries, and they seem to be happy with that.

If you want the complete Endgame experience, IMO (not having seen it yet), Captain Marvel is as necessary to see as any solo movie. Which is to say I'd call it highly recommended prior viewing. So I disagree with some of the comments I've seen around the internet dismissing Captain Marvel as totally skippable for Endgame. Not that I'm accusing youse of that.

On 4/25/2019 at 1:49 PM, WarGalley said:

Potential internet spoilers are terrifying me.. especially since I don't have a ticket yet.

Question for those that have seen Endgame: I haven't seen Captain Marvel yet. Should I watch it first?

So with the previous being said, Captain Marvel is by most people's reckonings a middle of the MCU pack movie, that is a good time for MCU fans, and a better time for MCU fans who have been hanging out for a solo female lead. And it's an intro to what is allegedly a reasonably important character in Endgame.

I gather it's an unpleasant experience for MRAs whether or not they are MCU fans. Not that I want to suggest anyone who disliked CM is a fragile MRA, people do have legit non-political gripes about the movie. But if you are of the MRA persuasion, then could be better to give it a miss.

Is it necessary? You be the judge.

11 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

I semi-disagree with it not being necessary viewing. It's no less necessary than any other solo MCU movie. Since with every character in the MCU movies you can easily bone up on who they are on a wiki and then go in and enjoy each Avengers movie. I do know some people who only watch Avengers movies and never really bother with the "minor" entries, and they seem to be happy with that.

If you want the complete Endgame experience, IMO (not having seen it yet), Captain Marvel is as necessary to see as any solo movie. Which is to say I'd call it highly recommended prior viewing. So I disagree with some of the comments I've seen around the internet dismissing Captain Marvel as totally skippable for Endgame. Not that I'm accusing youse of that.

I don't think we're particularly disagreeing, I'd say seeing CM gives you the basis to understand her character but there isn't a direct plot throughline that connects. Which makes sense given its like 20 years before Endgame. I'd definitely recommend seeing it.

There is nothing in CM that is really in any way relevant to Endgame, other than giving you some sort of background on who Cap Marvel is. 

If I was going to suggest doing a rewatch of movies before going into Endgame, I would certainly suggest the Avengers movies, and then all the Russo Bros movies.. other than that theres a couple you might want to catch but aren't all that necessary. 

6 minutes ago, john said:

yeah, I’m in the Sunday crew too.  Pretty anti social time but did get the extra comfy seats.  Crazy that there’s nine pages of spoiler thread already.

Yeah... that's gonna take me a while to catch up!

Just have too much going on today and tomorrow to go and then my son has a birthday party to go to on Sunday at 4:30, so I needed a time with enough to spare before the party.  LOL

No spoilers here but if you want to make sure I'll put it in spoiler tags - here are my suggestion for movies that'll give you the most 'ooh, cool' bits (in probably this order):

Spoiler

Avengers 1 

Winter Soldier

Thor: Dark World

Thor: Ragnarok

Iron Man 3

Iron Man

GotG

The rest are not particularly important. 

1 hour ago, Darth Richard II said:

Pfft and some jerk had to go and spoil  most of it for me somewhere else. Alas.

Deliberately? There seem to be more around for this one than most, are people wankers still annoyed at Marvel for putting icky girls in their films?

2 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Pfft and some jerk had to go and spoil  most of it for me somewhere else. Alas.

Sucks, man. Enough really cool / very surprising stuff happend that Marvel kept amazingly under wraps, and it's not even the end of the first Friday and you're one of many who are already like "What the fuck world can't you shut your goddamn mouths for *one weekend*?!" 

How many of us knew about the Red Wedding for years and never said a word as our newbie friends were cruising through the show? I can't imagine opening my mouth to anyone about shit like this. Really grinds my gears.

That said, wear headphones to the world as much as you can til Monday, a lot of the stuff will still resonate for you.

Yeah I mean, I'm not going to LOOK fore more spoilers but at this point I know all the major story beats/plot points, what happens to whom. And not to start a Star Wars argument but i was 100 percent spoiled for TLJ and I loved the hell out of that one anyway, so.

28 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Deliberately? There seem to be more around for this one than most, are people wankers still annoyed at Marvel for putting icky girls in their films?

Yeah, some people are just assholes.

Edit: I guess I still don't know HOW some stuff happens. But, yeah. Usually with these things I don't get spoiled til Sunday. :P

Damn good movie, one scene was visually awesome, to me anyway, and that's all I'm gonna say about that. Had to see it in 3d because everything else was sold out,(except the very first row and fuck that) at 10:50am!!!!!  All the 11-1pm shows were sold out and they have it running on I think 17 screens? I'm gonna watch it on their epic screen Monday or Tuesday next week to enjoy it better.

My list of the MCU, only my opinion and hell I changed a few as I wrote it, then again as I typed it.  #1 and 2 are basically a tie.

1. Winter Soldier

2. Avengers Infinity War

3. Guardians OTG Vol 1

4. Avengers end game

5. Iron Man

6. Avengers

7. Civil War

8. Black Panther

9. Capt Marvel

10. Ant Man

11. Spiderman Homecoming

12. Guardians Vol 2