MCUniverse: Cat Scratch Fever edition.

Red Tiger

50 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

I'd like to know more about that. I'm aware of the conflict, just don't know the details, and whether or not there's a chance. If Disney/Marvel can make a 180 on the James Gunn situation, isn't there a possible avenue for the TV verse to be re-integrated into the MCU?

It’s possible. From what I understand it’s not as nasty as it used to be. 

On 4/6/2019 at 8:34 PM, Varysblackfyre321 said:

So he went from being an arms-dealer to being a drug-dealer. Tony Stark truly is a scumbag lol. But yeah maybe not creating and dealing Drugs(that’s a field Tony would be less familiar with) exactly but developing technology that would help the medical field is something I imagine Tony doing. Like cheap but high quality prosthetic limbs. 

Pharmaceuticals is a totally legit business. It's got shadey operators just like every $100s of billions global industry, but it's core is saving lives. Being an arms dealer ain't much about saving lives. But yes, perhaps more likely to have everyone's moral approval and in Stark's wheelhouse would be medical devices / equipment and prosthetics.

18 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Would Hawkeye or Widow actually count as enhanced individuals? Like they don’t have powers or really that advanced technology. Widow mostly uses regular guns, Hawk uses bows. 

I'd say Hawkeye's insane ability to always hit has mark, with an arrow (and other projectiles??) counts as enhanced. That kind of thing doesn't come with practice, it's an inherent ability. Whether it amounts to a superpower is debatable, but it's super human. Is he the only super human Earthling on the Avengers who has not been enhanced by some external "steroid": Cap - super soldier serum; Hulk  - gamma rays; Scarlet Witch - mind stone; Captain Marvel - Space stone; Spider Man - spider; Bucky - bionic arm and SSS; Black Panther - the heart shaped herb. I don't think Widow is super human in amny way, just really finely honed through training, and being above average in intelligence and athleticism.

They're going to have a Hawkeye prequel where as a child, he drank an energy drink before an archery competition. Unbeknownst to him, that energy drink was made during a random Convergence where the Reality Infinity Stone was able to infuse its power into the beverage. Now, Barton can create his own reality with arrows, making them go where he wants.

1 hour ago, Myrddin said:

They're going to have a Hawkeye prequel where as a child, he drank an energy drink before an archery competition. Unbeknownst to him, that energy drink was made during a random Convergence where the Reality Infinity Stone was able to infuse its power into the beverage. Now, Barton can create his own reality with arrows, making them go where he wants.

Beyonders: "Clinton Francis Barton, welcome back to your people"

2 hours ago, HokieStone said:

Hm...wonder if that's a final cut.  Parts of it felt...I don't know...stilted. 

I think they just edited out all the one liners.

12 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Not everyone may want to watch this, if you're done with previews. It has one spoiler.

The thing that seems off is that usually beardy Cap appears with blonde Widow, and shaven cap appears with redhead Widow. This had shaved cap with blonde widow. I wonder if it's even a legit single scene.

57 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

The thing that seems off is that usually beardy Cap appears with blonde Widow, and shaven cap appears with redhead Widow. This had shaved cap with blonde widow. I wonder if it's even a legit single scene.

For sure, there's a lot of misdirection here. I think they're trying to keep us guessing even on the timeline.

Continuing my out of order, random re-watch of the MCU film (I won't watch them all). I've re-watched Iron Man 3, and I've improved my opinion of it, but out of all the solo films, this one is the least explainable as to why other Avengers aren't involved. Sure Thor and Hulk wouldn't be there, but where's Cap, Black Widow and Hawkeye + SHIELD. I think in the timeline, Winter Soldier hasn't happened yet, so SHIELD is stable, making their lack of involvement bizarre. 

1 hour ago, Corvinus said:

Continuing my out of order, random re-watch of the MCU film (I won't watch them all). I've re-watched Iron Man 3, and I've improved my opinion of it, but out of all the solo films, this one is the least explainable as to why other Avengers aren't involved. Sure Thor and Hulk wouldn't be there, but where's Cap, Black Widow and Hawkeye + SHIELD. I think in the timeline, Winter Soldier hasn't happened yet, so SHIELD is stable, making their lack of involvement bizarre. 

I have been watching them in order of release right now.  And there is a noticeable change in quality and a tweak in the formula around Winter Soldier.  The tweak is they start letting other Marvel Heroes cross into each others solo films, which I think "helps" with this issue of where are the others during this time.  

I remember watching the first Thor and they had that Hawkeye cameo, but it would have been so much better served to have him be a little more in the movie, especially when the Destroyer started to wreck things in downtown smallvillle

With Iron Man 3 having some throwaway shield guys would have been better served, I hate to call back to Hawkeye, but him here would explain more why he wasn't around in Winter Solider. 

11 hours ago, Heartofice said:

The stilt you are referring to was called Carol.

Well, yeah, her lines did seem...off somehow.  The scene with her and Thor and the axe whizzing by was fine, but when she said "You didn't have me" - seemed forced somehow.  I may be thrown off by the longer hair somehow - she seems different than she was in the Captain Marvel movie.  Maybe she's playing it a little different, to infer that Carol has seen/done some shit in the last 20 years. 

But something felt off about Banner as well, and I can't really pinpoint that either. Is it just me, or does he seem a lot older in this all of a sudden?  Ruffalo stop dyeing his hair?

5 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Good catch...maybe it's that they stitched together different scenes, and that's why it feels off.

45 minutes ago, HokieStone said:

Well, yeah, her lines did seem...off somehow.  The scene with her and Thor and the axe whizzing by was fine, but when she said "You didn't have me" - seemed forced somehow.  I may be thrown off by the longer hair somehow - she seems different than she was in the Captain Marvel movie.  Maybe she's playing it a little different, to infer that Carol has seen/done some shit in the last 20 years. 

Brie Larson said she filmed Endgame before she even got a script for Captain Marvel, so this is actually her first time as the character. That said, it's completely possible the reason why people are noticing differences in the way Carol was in her solo and the way Carol is in Endgame -- besides the obvious passage of time -- is simply due to her feeling the character out. This Carol is not informed by the Captain Marvel movie.

58 minutes ago, Bastard of Boston said:

Brie Larson said she filmed Endgame before she even got a script for Captain Marvel, so this is actually her first time as the character. That said, it's completely possible the reason why people are noticing differences in the way Carol was in her solo and the way Carol is in Endgame -- besides the obvious passage of time -- is simply due to her feeling the character out. This Carol is not informed by the Captain Marvel movie.

That would explain a lot, her delivery is especially poor in a generally oddly put together clip. Though I don’t think her delivery came across very consistently in her own, otherwise quite good  movie either.

Archived