The Wall of Ice real reason for it

Black Dragons

I watch a great video that theorize that the Oily Black Stones might be under all that ice. There is problem with a story of beating Others to back if the First Men won the war of Dawn why did Free Folks continue to live above the wall.  A smart person theorize that wall is really a vault that Starks use a weapons in their wars. The Starks double cross the Children and made bargain with the Andals to kill off all the children and take control of the Others. The Others were former citizens of The Great Empire the Blood Emperor worship the Black Stone. He Try to bring more Black Stone from space with magic that stone bring bad effects and turn the Citizens of The Great Empire into ice. Brought the Long Night.

22 minutes ago, Sophia [email protected] said:

I watch a great video that theorize that the Oily Black Stones might be under all that ice. There is problem with a story of beating Others to back if the First Men won the war of Dawn why did Free Folks continue to live above the wall.  A smart person theorize that wall is really a vault that Starks use a weapons in their wars. The Starks double cross the Children and made bargain with the Andals to kill off all the children and take control of the Others. The Others were former citizens of The Great Empire the Blood Emperor worship the Black Stone. He Try to bring more Black Stone from space with magic that stone bring bad effects and turn the Citizens of The Great Empire into ice. Brought the Long Night.

Wasn't the Long Night during the Age of Heroes? The Andals came waaaaaaaaay after that. So I don't think that part of the theory adds up.

I think the reason the Free Folk exist north of the Wall is because the Wall was built at the narrowest point from coast to coast. There is still inhabitable land north of where the wall is located, but it would have been a much more crazy undertaking to build the wall across the ice rivers and Frostfangs etc. It made logistical sense to build it where it currently stands.

The Ironborn are known to have once ruled over the frozen shore, so for all we know the Free Folk are descendants of those Ironborn? I don't think there is more to it than that though.

The oily black stone is Space Phlegm.

In space, it's just black stone.  Inert.   No oil yet.

Then, once it crashes into a planet, in an atmosphere the stone has a chemical reaction.  ---->  Oily.  The pollens and gases in the air make the stone's nose run.  And that's how we react to black stone too, with massive phlegm.  And insanity.  As it controls us and overwrites our animal instincts with its weird outer space mode of existence.

Then.... the people afflicted with Oil Sickness tried everything they could to cure themselves.  They tried an ice pack, they tried applying heat to the oily skin.  They did what Shaquille O'Neil , the people's champion, would do:  they used Icy Hot products on their bodies' problem areas.  (Ice and Fire magics are both panic reactions trying to deal with magic Oil sickness!   The Others are trying to freeze the disease out of their system, dragons are trying to purge themselves with fire.  Asshai is shadow-tainted by black stone contamination!   And the Winter is belching forth unclean dead things because its Heart has been befouled!)     

This elemental sickness is splitting magic and tearing the world apart.   Fire and Ice need to reconcile into Icy Hot once more.  They need to hump.

But yes, the wall is definitely a big dehumidifier built to prevent Oily Space Phlegm from spreading.  One way or another, that almost has to be true.

Archived