Is it possible George will release Winds in two parts at once?

Mwm

On 3/21/2019 at 11:27 PM, Mwm said:

Martin made a comment on his blog post that his publishers want to split Winds like Feast and Dance were with half the characters, but he said he’s resisting that.

Did you see Georges new "Not a blog" post... now I'm getting excited 

On 5/22/2019 at 5:59 PM, The Anti-Targ said:

eems like the right place to post this.

GRRM appears to be putting a line in the sand for at least the final draft of TWoW being completed in his Not a Blog. The post being in response to Air New Zealand's tweet in Valyrian offering to fly him to New Zealand for free.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/travel/2019/05/game-of-thrones-author-george-rr-martin-to-visit-new-zealand-after-air-nz-invitation.html

For those that don't know, white Island (uninhabited) is a highly active volcano off the coast of the North Island. A most desolate place indeed and not a place anyone would want to spend significant time for any reason.

So I hope that is a sign of great confidence on the part of GRRM that the book will be done before he comes to World Con in Wellington.

It's a bit of a bummer I won't still be living in Wellington for World Con, but I'll only be 2hrs drive away, and I'll still be working in the city.

In order to bring The Winds of Winter to Worldcon July 2020 (the end of July at that), the book will need to have been published and made available for sale in New Zealand no later than June 2020.

There's no way his publishers and lawyers are going to allow GRRM to take a unpublished finished book to a convention on the other side of the world before it has already been published and sold in that country. No way.

If he is to be taken seriously, the book will be out sometime in between Memorial Day and July 4th

On 5/25/2019 at 4:33 AM, Jabar of House Titan said:

In order to bring The Winds of Winter to Worldcon July 2020 (the end of July at that), the book will need to have been published and made available for sale in New Zealand no later than June 2020.

There's no way his publishers and lawyers are going to allow GRRM to take a unpublished finished book to a convention on the other side of the world before it has already been published and sold in that country. No way.

If he is to be taken seriously, the book will be out sometime in between Memorial Day and July 4th

I didn't really mean he would literally have a manuscript copy of the final draft of TWoW. But more that he might announce that the final draft is done or might announce the publication date. Which is equivalent to having the finished book in his hand.

Archived