Poll: Is Lemore Actually Ashara?

Platypus Rex

No. Neither the age nor the description line up. Lemore is in her forties, Ashara is in her late thirties at most. "She was past forty, more handsome than pretty, but still easy on the eye." (ADWD, Tyrion IV) That doesn't sound like the description of one of the most beautiful women in all of Westeros. I also feel that Tyrion would have mentioned it if Lemore had an unusual  eye color.

No. Although I would love to see ser Grandfather meeting Ashara again and her being Lemore might facilitate that, I still can't see it. It sits completely wrong.

Ashara was crazy beautiful and Lemore is "handsome".

Ashara had haunting purple eyes and Lemore hasn't. (GRRM's comment liking Ahara to Elizabeth Taylors falsely claimed purple eyes... I just don't buy.)

No.

I agree with others about the eye issue. On and on about Ashara's eyes, Tyrion's noticing others' eyes in detail, but no mention of Lemore's eyes and Tyrion's observing her very closely. Just doesn't work for me. 

That, and Lemore's irreverent and cheeky. Just doesn't mash up with Ashara's haunting, heart-broken, damsel in distress thing. She looks like a red herring to me. 

No. 

I agree with several people who have posted on this thread about Ashara's remarkable eyes.  I feel it is likely that GRRM  has some kind of reveal planned regarding Lemore's past and identity but I'm happy to wait and see what he reveals in the next book or two rather than manufacture my own solutions to the mystery.

I do believe that Lemore is Ashara on the simple fact there are some inconsistent in their story

1) Aegon wasn't getting given to Joncon until he was five so where was the boy for those first five years and what would or who would   Varys have  used to sell this whole plot to Jon. Remember Varys background is that of a mummer and in his own words every man has a part to play or in the infamous words the whole world is a stage.  So if you are trying to sell one of Rhegars best friends that the boy is who he says he is you had better have a very convincing story.  Ashara being his guardian while Varys and Illyio got their plans in order would be a smart bet. She was comes from a powerful house in Dorne, was a lady in waiting to Elia along with being a close friend, had a paragon for a brother, probably still has friends in Dorne to help well the plot Doran. Not to mention it the baby switch happened early in the rebellion and Ashara disappears from court at the start of the rebellion as well... 

Aerys was known to not like his Dornish in law and didn't want to touch Rheanys why would Aegon be any different. A baby switch is possible as the king wouldn't know the difference and it's smart to not place all your jewels in the same basket. I tend to believe that Perkin Warbeck really was Richard duke of York.

Then there were the child size court clothing if you look at the description again there were patterns of burgundy and blue along with a yellow background with green floral print. That Redwyne and Tyrell colors. Set on in his forming year could have been passed around some of the court of the reach. With Ashara Dayne as his guardian and to sell the plot again it's possible. Remember they have friends in the Reach and the good company I re who Aegon was before Joncon opened his mouth.

That's part of my two cents and my phone for thought.

18 hours ago, DMC said:

No.  This is probably the best question you've posed, but it still doesn't fit.  Wish it did.  I think it'd make a lot of sense, if only things lined up.  But they don't.

Well, people certainly are not slow to vote on this poll, so I guess it was a good choice in that sense.  Meanwhile, my poor "Will Brienne Be a New Hound" poll looks like it is unlikely to ever reach page 3.

Thanks for the vote.

1 minute ago, Platypus Rex said:

Well, people certainly are not slow to vote on this poll, so I guess it was a good choice in that sense.  Meanwhile, my poor "Will Brienne Be a New Hound" poll looks like it is unlikely to ever reach page 3.

@Platypus Rex aka "The Poll Guy" ... are you publicly and personally keeping track of these poll-votes so when TWOW or ADOS comes out, all the winners can rub their victories against the losers? Because that sounds like an awesome idea!

Anyways my vote: No.

Ashara is dead. I rather believe Septa Lemore has something to do with Dany's Lemon Tree in Braavos, than Lemore = Ashara. No purple eyes, no deal. Besides fAgeon is fake. The only small chance where Ashara = Lemore is if fAegon is the real deal, and he won't be.

12 hours ago, The Map Guy said:

@Platypus Rex aka "The Poll Guy" ... are you publicly and personally keeping track of these poll-votes so when TWOW or ADOS comes out, all the winners can rub their victories against the losers? Because that sounds like an awesome idea!

Yeah, that's basically the main idea.  It's for posterity and bragging rights.  And, while I know the show will be different than the books, I'd like to get a few poll answers in place before Season 8 surprises start to influence people's opinions.

Yup. 

Eye colors get confused all the time. Sansa thinks Renly has green eyes and Dunk thinks Eggs are blue, to name a few.

The story of Ashara Dayne exists for a reason, like the story of Aegons brains dashed on a wall exist.

Tyrion verified Young Griffs orgin by shining a torch directly to his eyes, he never bothered looking at Lemores eyes, he was looking at her other body parts

"The turtles have their charms, I will allow. Nothing delights me so much as the sight of a nice pair of shapely … shells."

Septa Lemore laughed. Like everyone else aboard the Shy Maid, she had her secrets. She was welcome to them. I do not want to know her, I only want to fuck her.

1 minute ago, Hugorfonics said:

Yup. 

Eye colors get confused all the time. Sansa thinks Renly has green eyes and Dunk thinks Eggs are blue, to name a few.

The story of Ashara Dayne exists for a reason, like the story of Aegons brains dashed on a wall exist.

Tyrion verified Young Griffs orgin by shining a torch directly to his eyes, he never bothered looking at Lemores eyes, he was looking at her other body parts

Renly's eyes being green is a confirmed brain fart on GRRM's part. 

4 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

Renly's eyes being green is a confirmed brain fart on GRRM's part. 

Yea thats what they say. I dont buy it, GRRM is too good to make mistakes, blue and green eyes are often interchangeable in the real world.

Regardless, fart or not, eye colors get misconstrued 

"Can I have a sword to run them off with?" Egg asked. He had blue eyes, Dunk saw, very dark, almost purple. His bald head made them seem huge, somehow.

9 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Yea thats what they say. I dont buy it, GRRM is too good to make mistakes, blue and green eyes are often interchangeable in the real world.

Regardless, fart or not, eye colors get misconstrued 

There's also Jeyne's hips and Bran's horse changing genders. With this much content and this much detail, mistakes are impossible to not make. He's human.

https://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/US_Signing_Tour_Albuquerque_NM

He does admit keeping some details straight is hard, since he keeps a lot of it in his head, though that's supplemented with charts and computer files. He joked that he thinks the brain synapses normal people use for real life, he uses for living and remembering things in Westeros; he forgets the real people he meets, but can remember the names of the guardsmen of third-rate lordlings several books ago. He did note with some amusement that his readers catch his mistakes for him (Renly's eyes being green once, then blue, and then calling them 'blue-green eyes that changed color depending on what he wears' as an out). Ditto with various horse gender oopses.

Eye colors get misconstrued in real life, but writing them that way without some indication to question what we're being told (which he actually did with both Egg and Aegon) opens the door to a slippery slope where one can write off any eye color because of lighting or unreliable narrator to fit a chosen outcome. 

Anyhow, just meant to make a clarification and not turn this into a debate thread. You sound decided as is which is fine.

1 hour ago, Hugorfonics said:

I doubt he never bothered looking at her eyes since he looked at her face to be able to describe her as a handsome woman. Tyrion spent time with the woman while she was dressed. 

Archived