Advice on Selling First Editions and a Strange MM

Rob Sandbach

Hello,

Thanks in advance for any help the community can offer me.

I am in possession of a set of Bantam 1st editions which, due to personal circumstances, I am considering selling. I wanted some advice to ensure that I have correctly identified them as normal UK Bantam 1st editions and what a reasonable asking price might be? 

I also picked up a strange copy of A Clash of Kings, published by Meisha Merlin, but Not seemingly a numbered or lettered edition. I am not entirely sure what it is and was hoping a knowledgable forum meber might be able to help me identify it and assess it's potential value?

I've attached some images if anyone would be good enough to help,

Rob

Set of Bantam Firsts : 

Unknown Book:

The set of books you have are US not UK. And to know what editions you have, it would help to know the price on the dustjackets and the numberlines on the copyright pages. It's hard to tell if your AGOT has a metallic cover?

I'm going to take a guess on the MM Clash that it's either a sort of publisher's copy or a final binder's prototype that was used to create the slipcase. Does this book have a limitation page?

Bantam = US. Yes, those look like Bantam first eds. Can’t tell for sure that they are not book club eds. without a few more clues; if there are prices on the backs then they are the real deal. Are they first printings? full number lines? If so, ballpark, I’d say AGoT is worth $300, ACoK $60, ASoS $40, the others negligible in and of themselves, but being a complete set I’d expect $500, maybe more if you can time it against the TV craze just right.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much for your time and apologies my reply has come so late; for some reason I didn't receive an alert!

@becca69 - I don't believe so, I photographed the two pages which seemed relevant. It's an interesting piece for sure!

@Falconer - Thank you for the indication - they are first printings with the full number lines yes. I might list them for the $500 you suggest and see how they do.

I assume it would be better to list the set of Bantam books and the MM Clash seperately and just see how the second goes!

Thanks for your support and advice!

Archived