POLL: Will you continue to read the books if _________

Aline de Gavrillac

Ned was my fave in book one, I kept reading.

Now I am more interested in what the geo-political landscape looks like post ADOS.

Which factions survive, which houses rule what etc etc.

Waiting so long for TWOW has made me immerse my self in the world of ASOIAF to where no individual character could ever stop me reading the next book.

It's interesting the ways each reader finds enjoyment in the novel.  It's so like sports.  My dad loved pro basketball.  It didn't matter to him if the team is winning good percentage or not as long as his favorite player gets playing time.  Dad wants his player getting minutes.  I've wondered what he would do if the guy gets traded.  Does he root for the new team?  He liked a young guy called baby Davis on the Celtics.  It's a long time ago.

I have always liked Dany.  Do I continue reading if she dies?  I'm guessing no. 

22 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

:wub:

Closely followed by Nymeria

And whilst it would be another case of incest I suppose, I'd love the books end with them walking off into the sunset together to have lots of lovely puppies :)   I am a sentimental fool at heart :D    

Dont really care what happens to all the silly humans!  Though I hope Davos as a happy ending as well.

11 minutes ago, Essan said:

Closely followed by Nymeria

And whilst it would be another case of incest I suppose, I'd love the books end with them walking off into the sunset together to have lots of lovely puppies :)   I am a sentimental fool at heart :D    

Dont really care what happens to all the silly humans!  Though I hope Davos as a happy ending as well.

I do love them all. Love Shaggydog’s wild spirit, and Summer’s wisdom. 

Too bad we lost GW & Lady! 

Yes, Of course! I'm in this far now - I really want to see it to the end.

I actually don't think there are any character deaths that would spoil it for me anyway. Sure, there are some that I enjoy reading more than others and some who I would really miss if they were no longer with us but as long as their death added to the story and moved things along - valar morghulis and all that.

What would disappoint me is if GRRM stooped to disposing of a major character purely for the shock value and with no narrative purpose (unlikely I think). And I guess I'd feel a bit cheated if Dany was killed off at this stage in the game - purely because her story exists to a large extent outside of the rest of the narrative and so much has been invested in it. It would be a bit anticlimactic if it ended with "Dany sighed her last breath" and didn't actually go anywhere.

On 3/25/2019 at 12:56 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

Cat already died and im still here

On 3/25/2019 at 12:07 PM, Missing Benjen said:

That would have been a short adventure with mine being Ned. 

And as I am still here, my answer is pretty ovious.:lol:

Yep. Both of them. And I'm still here. I have never put down a book because my favourite character died, and honestly, I can't imagine why anyone would.

(That said, I did toss away AGOT and cursed profoundly for a couple of minutes, before I picked it up again and went on reading.)

Archived