a theory on Daenerys house of the undying and waking dragons from stone

silversnake33

we see a lot on waking dragons from stone.

When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wakedragons out of stone.

I have seen it in the flames, read of it in ancient prophecy. When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone.

Skagos means stone in the old tongue.

i believe that waking dragons from stone means that a dragon will be woken out of Skagos.

"I am a small man," Davos admitted, "so tell me why you need this boy Edric Storm to wake your great stone dragon, my lady." He was determined to say the boy's name as often as he could. your great Skagos dragon? the cannibal would be huge and thus great. if Edric storm was burned cannibal would have woken from hibernation on Skagos. and it will happen, remember this?

From a smoking tower, a great stone beast took wing, breathing shadow fire. a great "Skagos" beast. someone will burn Shireen and it will wake the Cannibal.

just in case you ask how he isn't dead. Hibernation slows down metabolism so much that aging would basically stop. this would pause cannibals aging. 2. Balerion likely brought back a parasite from Valyria that shortened his lifespan, and confinement likely shortens a dragons lifespan as well as slows growth. and cannibal was probably not on dragon stone before the targaryens.

3 hours ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

The stone beast is a false dragon.  One of the lies to be slain.  This is Jon being presented as a Targaryen by Melisandre and his supporters.  This future lie will be slain

A false dragon. I agree. But my bet is on Euron and whatever he's going to do in Oldtwon. 

like the idea of Cannibal still being around and can't wait to see what impact Skagos has on this. but a theme im getting vibes of in this series is prophecy, sacrifice and sorcery screwing the ones who believe in it over. What if the Others manage to get Cannibal in their thrall right after he wakes or he has been their's this whole time, and now Mel and others are doomed because he's awaken. 

If Shireen gets killed, I was guessing Val would have a part to play in that, and possible flame visions showing a greyscale outbreak to Mel that she interprets as Shireen being the reason for. Jon Connington would probably be the real threat in that though. 

Melisandre will likely think she has to burn Shireen. Burning Shireen = smoke and salt, waking a dragon out of stone (dead grayscaled Shireen), or fire and tears. Likely to happen while Jon is dead, and coincidentally or not Jon comes back to life soon after.

This would set Melisandre to believe Jon is Azor Ahai? She might not realize it yet, but if she ever finds out he's Rhaegar's son, maybe that would settle it for her.

5 hours ago, NonoNono said:

Melisandre will likely think she has to burn Shireen. Burning Shireen = smoke and salt, waking a dragon out of stone (dead grayscaled Shireen), or fire and tears. Likely to happen while Jon is dead, and coincidentally or not Jon comes back to life soon after.

This would set Melisandre to believe Jon is Azor Ahai? She might not realize it yet, but if she ever finds out he's Rhaegar's son, maybe that would settle it for her.

16 hours ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

The stone beast is a false dragon.  One of the lies to be slain.  This is Jon being presented as a Targaryen by Melisandre and his supporters.  This future lie will be slain.

12 hours ago, lalt said:

A false dragon. I agree. But my bet is on Euron and whatever he's going to do in Oldtwon. 

Nice discussion going on here.  There's a lie that need exposing and Euron is swimming in lies.  However, those lies are not Targaryen related.  Euron never presented himself as dragon.  He never claimed to be Azor Ahai.  He's not the stone beast.  The false dragon could indeed be Jon.  Mel will perpetuate another lie and claim he's a Targaryen.

The Stone Beast from HotU stanza II sentence 3 is Bran, symbolized by a fallen gargoyle during the Burning of Winterfell.

As for the reasoning I don't want to repeat myself so I'll post the link to the original thread. Please forgive me for citing myself.

7 hours ago, Wm Portnoy said:

Nice discussion going on here.  There's a lie that need exposing and Euron is swimming in lies.  However, those lies are not Targaryen related.  Euron never presented himself as dragon.  He never claimed to be Azor Ahai.  He's not the stone beast.  The false dragon could indeed be Jon.  Mel will perpetuate another lie and claim he's a Targaryen.

My guess is that Euron knows about the prophecy and that he believes to be Azor Ahai too. 

That's my interpretation of the Aeron's sample chapters from TWOW, indeed.

In addition, the Asshai books and prophecies don't speak about a Targ. prince/princess.

We don't even know if Azor Ahai is called the PTWP in those prophecies.

What we do know is that the Targaryens believe that a PTWS has to come from their bloodline.

And that Melisandre believes that the 2 proprephies are about the same hero. But someone else, that knows about the Azor Ahai's prophecy, can absolutely think that's not the case. That they are 2 separate things, that one prophecy has to be believed the other not. Or he/she may not know about the PTWP...

Not to mention that if the first lie is about Stannis and he has only a little bit of Targ blood, it's not a given that young Griff is a Targ or Blackfire. It may be. I actually think that there are good chances... but.. who knows.

However, that Euron believes to be Azor Ahai is important for Dany.

Just because, imo, the PTWP and Azor Ahai will turn out to be the same hero/person and therefore a Targaryen too.

On 3/27/2019 at 7:55 AM, silversnake33 said:

we see a lot on waking dragons from stone.

When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wakedragons out of stone.

I have seen it in the flames, read of it in ancient prophecy. When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone.

Skagos means stone in the old tongue.

i believe that waking dragons from stone means that a dragon will be woken out of Skagos.

"I am a small man," Davos admitted, "so tell me why you need this boy Edric Storm to wake your great stone dragon, my lady." He was determined to say the boy's name as often as he could. your great Skagos dragon? the cannibal would be huge and thus great. if Edric storm was burned cannibal would have woken from hibernation on Skagos. and it will happen, remember this?

From a smoking tower, a great stone beast took wing, breathing shadow fire. a great "Skagos" beast. someone will burn Shireen and it will wake the Cannibal.

just in case you ask how he isn't dead. Hibernation slows down metabolism so much that aging would basically stop. this would pause cannibals aging. 2. Balerion likely brought back a parasite from Valyria that shortened his lifespan, and confinement likely shortens a dragons lifespan as well as slows growth. and cannibal was probably not on dragon stone before the targaryens.

GOT Last chapter

"For the first time in hundreds of years, the night came alive with the music of dragons."

It is Canon that all the dragons on the planet have been dead for hundreds of years, which is why it  is such a miraculous event when Dany brings 3 back to life. Cannibal is and has been dead for a while, maybe he was the last dragon alive, but he's dead now.

Also there is no evidence anywhere in the books or side stories that Dragons hibernate for 100+ years. There is not even evidence that they hibernate for 1 whole year at a time.

Archived