Triskele

College Basketball: 2019 Bracket Edition

In the never-ending files of NCAA inconsistencies Quentin Grimes has been granted a release for immediate eligibility at Houston.  The reason being that KU didn't have any available scholarships when he decided to withdraw from the NBA draft.  Considering we didn't fill our last roster spot until August 29th, by a kid that committed on July 16th and was not a part of the 2019 class at that time.  I don't remember what the last day to withdraw from the draft was this year (Memorial Day?), but considering the draft was on June 20th I know it definitely well before Harris committed.  Pretty sure that Jalen Wilson and Isaiah Moss also committed to us after Grimes withdrew and announced he was transferring.  Why even make kids sit out for transferring if they'll grant waivers like this?

22 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

In the never-ending files of NCAA inconsistencies Quentin Grimes has been granted a release for immediate eligibility at Houston.  The reason being that KU didn't have any available scholarships when he decided to withdraw from the NBA draft.  Considering we didn't fill our last roster spot until August 29th, by a kid that committed on July 16th and was not a part of the 2019 class at that time.  I don't remember what the last day to withdraw from the draft was this year (Memorial Day?), but considering the draft was on June 20th I know it definitely well before Harris committed.  Pretty sure that Jalen Wilson and Isaiah Moss also committed to us after Grimes withdrew and announced he was transferring.  Why even make kids sit out for transferring if they'll grant waivers like this?

Just so it can piss us off when they can deny a kid with a mom dying of cancer.  Because reasons.

Does Midnight Madness even exist in the Pac-12?  Or maybe they just shut it down the last few years.  

Just now, Triskele said:

Does Midnight Madness even exist in the Pac-12?  Or maybe they just shut it down the last few years.  

A lot of schools have moved away from it and with the more lax rules on when practice can start, a lot of schools do their thing at different times.  Kansas had their Snoop Fest a week before Kentucky had Big Blue Madness for example.

18 minutes ago, Rhom said:

A lot of schools have moved away from it and with the more lax rules on when practice can start, a lot of schools do their thing at different times.  Kansas had their Snoop Fest a week before Kentucky had Big Blue Madness for example.

Funny thing about this is that I was sort of snarking when I posted it but instantly afterwards was remarking to myself on how genuinely I didn't even know the answer.  I can assure you that if it does exist it's never been hyped like other parts of the country.

Now that we're creeping up on the season I'll reiterate the same douchery as before:

The horrific last few years could be waning as their are four teams (Arizona, USC, Washington, Oregon) that have quite legit recruiting classes coming in.  Oregon with a late get of a guy who re-classified.  Really hoping this is the start of some kind of renaissance and that the last few dismal years were a fluke.

Still kind of amazed about the whole Sean Miller at Arizona saga.  Looked like he was going to be the biggest scalp of that scandal for a while and now he's still standing and has arguably the top class and I haven't heard a peep in a while.  What a world.  

Hate to lose to Duke, but I can't recall ever seeing a team turn it over that often to a team of relatively equal ability, so a 2 point loss barely even registers.  

Is it my cable or is ESPN's feed absolute dogshit?  Really choppy on motion and weird color effects, the latter makes me think it's an ESPN issue.

I think I prefer the Champions Classic better when it’s the second or third game of the year.  Both of these have been sloppy so far.

Which is far preferable to a 40 point blow out though... :leaving:

27 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I think I prefer the Champions Classic better when it’s the second or third game of the year.  Both of these have been sloppy so far.

Which is far preferable to a 40 point blow out though... :leaving:

Agreed.

Your #3 sure can shoot from deep.

5 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Agreed.

Your #3 sure can shoot from deep.

Maxey came off the bench tonight, but most think he’ll be the leading scorer for the team.  Not sure how that guard rotation shakes out in the end, but will be impossible to sit him much.

28 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

:eek:

I’ll take it! :lol: 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

You :ph34r:'d me. 

How good is the kid?

Potential number one overall pick next summer.

Akok Akok made his Uconn debut last night. The announcers repeatedly made it a point to pronounce his name A-cook A-cook... but we all know better.

Such a shame about Wiseman.