Percentage Poll on various theories

Texas Hold Em

It is hard to ever be sure of what will happen in the story but we can get a picture of how certain the fans are about these theories.  First, the rules.  Assign a percentage to each theory.  A score of 100% means you are sure of this theory.  It does not mean it is true, of course.  It just means you, the person giving the answer, is sure of this theory.  A zero means you do not believe it has a chance of being true.   I want to know how strongly you believe the recent theories posted here.  

You may only assign the following percentages:

• 0%
  • 25%
  • 50%
  • 75%
  • 100%

Theories

1. Exodus theory says the people of Westeros will flee to Essos when winter comes.  It doesn't say all of them.  The theory as I understand it says the survivors will escape to Essos.
  2. Craster is a Stark says he is descended from a Stark.  
  3. Rhaegar was disinherited by King Aerys.
  4. Daenerys will go to Asshai
  5. Quaithe is a Farman
  6. Lemore is Ashara
  7. Daenerys will sail east to get to Westeros
  8. Khal Drogo's soul is in Drogon
  9. Jon's soul is in Ghost
  10. Rhaego is still alive

I posted a similar pole before.  

5 hours ago, Texas Hold Em said:

Exodus theory says the people of Westeros will flee to Essos when winter comes.  It doesn't say all of them.  The theory as I understand it says the survivors will escape to Essos.

25% 

It sounds realistic but I consider it a shitty ending

Craster is a Stark says he is descended from a Stark.

50%

I have never heard of it before bit its quiete possible

Rhaegar was disinherited by King Aerys.

0%

We would have known it to this point. Disowning a crown prince is not a very private affair. Barristan, Varys, Connington, Jamie would have told us.

Daenerys will go to Asshai

0% 

Dany will either die in Meeren or fly to Westeros. Westeros is her main goal so it would take her more than just one small event to change this.

Quaithe is a Farman

75%

Would be pretty ironic if the woman who smuggeld the Eggs to Essos meet the woman of the family she stole them from and who has made them useful again.

Also the to go east must you must go west talking would finally make sense

Lemore is Ashara

25%

I mean ot has some good arguments. But why "disguise" her as a septa when her stretchmarks will "betray" her fake identy

Daenerys will sail east to get to Westeros

25%

People familiar to sea and geography would notice that ot would take years to get to Westeros through this way and it would be risky af (remember the Hightowers who sailed with Farman). 

But this is stubborn Daenarys Targaryen who decides to lead her into a complety dessert because of some comet.

Khal Drogo's soul is in Drogon

50%

Possible. 

Jon's soul is in Ghost

25%

Wish this is true but Jon is going to be resuracted because plot. 

Rhaego is still alive

0%

Of course GRRM sometimes decide that people dont die like in Berics or Catelyns case. But only sometimes.

6 hours ago, Texas Hold Em said:

Theories

1. Exodus theory says the people of Westeros will flee to Essos when winter comes.  It doesn't say all of them.  The theory as I understand it says the survivors will escape to Essos.
  5. Quaithe is a Farman
  6. Lemore is Ashara
  1. 25%
  2. 0%
  3. 50%
  4. 0%
  5. 50%
  6. 25%
  7. 25%
  8. 0%
  9. 100%
  10. 25%

Exodus theory says the people of Westeros will flee to Essos when winter comes.  It doesn't say all of them.  The theory as I understand it says the survivors will escape to Essos.

25%

Some people will go to Essos. Some already did, like those wildlings, that were captured by Lyseni slavers.

0%

He's just some random wildling, not someone special.

0%

If Rhaegar was disinherited, then what was the point for him to go to Trident? If he is not the Crown Prince anymore, then it would have been more logical for him to just take his family, and escape with them from King's Landing, not to go on a war, that is not his anymore. And there's even less sense in disinheriting Rhaegar after his death. Just because Aerys had proclaimed Viserys as his heir, doesn't mean, that he disinherited Rhaegar or his children.

50%

Quaithe said to Dany "to touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow". If she meant Asshai's Shadow, then it's likely, that Dany will go there eventually. Though the thing is, is that she can go there not physically, but in her dreams, with usage of glass candle. So this option is 50/50, i.e. her soul will go, and her body won't go, so she will "half-visit" Asshai :)

Quaithe is a Farman

0%

Quaithe is Shiera Seastar.

Lemore is Ashara

0%

I'm 100% sure, that Lemore is not Ashara. In my opinion, most likely, Ashara Dayne is Jyana Reed, and Lemore is Jeyne Swann. Though I could be totally wrong about both of this things.

0%

I think, that prior going to Westeros, she will visit Braavos (that's when she will meet Arya, and Arya will go with Dany, west).

7 hours ago, Texas Hold Em said:

0%

Nobody is "secondlifing" dragons.

Jon's soul is in Ghost

? When? Jon is a warg, he can warg into Ghost, at this moments his soul is in Ghost. And prior he lost consciousness in his last ADWD chapter, he thought about Ghost. So, most likely, he did warged into Ghost. So his soul is in Ghost in the end of ADWD. But it's not something permanent, or something, that didn't happened before. It's an average warging. Jon did it many times before. Though at those times he was nearly always sleeping.

If "Jon's soul is in Ghost" means, that he warged into Ghost in the end of ADWD, then it's 100%.

Rhaego is still alive

100%

1.000.000.000%. His kidnapping is treason for blood. His birth was assisted by Shiera Seastar, he was born alive, and he will grow to adulthood, that's all 100%.

Theories

5. Quaithe is a Farman
  6. Lemore is Ashara

1. 25%
  2. 0%
  3. 25%
  4. 75%
  5. 50%
  6. 25%
  7. 0%
  8. 50%
  9. 100%
  10. 50%

8 hours ago, Texas Hold Em said:

It is hard to ever be sure of what will happen in the story but we can get a picture of how certain the fans are about these theories.  First, the rules.  Assign a percentage to each theory.  A score of 100% means you are sure of this theory.  It does not mean it is true, of course.  It just means you, the person giving the answer, is sure of this theory.  A zero means you do not believe it has a chance of being true.   I want to know how strongly you believe the recent theories posted here.  

• 0%
  • 25%
  • 50%
  • 75%
  • 100%

Theories

1. Exodus theory says the people of Westeros will flee to Essos when winter comes.  It doesn't say all of them.  The theory as I understand it says the survivors will escape to Essos.   (75%)
  2. Craster is a Stark says he is descended from a Stark.  (100%)
  3. Rhaegar was disinherited by King Aerys. (75%)
  4. Daenerys will go to Asshai  (25%)
  5. Quaithe is a Farman  (100%)
  6. Lemore is Ashara  (50%)
  7. Daenerys will sail east to get to Westeros  (50%)
  8. Khal Drogo's soul is in Drogon  (75%)
  9. Jon's soul is in Ghost  (75%)
  10. Rhaego is still alive  (0%)

9 hours ago, Texas Hold Em said:

Theories

5. Quaithe is a Farman
  6. Lemore is Ashara

1. 50%

2. 50%

3. 25%

4. 25%

5. 75%

6. 50%

7. 25%

8. 25%

9. 75%

10. 50%

10 hours ago, Texas Hold Em said:

Theories

1. Exodus theory says the people of Westeros will flee to Essos when winter comes.  It doesn't say all of them.  The theory as I understand it says the survivors will escape to Essos. 25%
  2. Craster is a Stark says he is descended from a Stark.  0%
  3. Rhaegar was disinherited by King Aerys. 25%
  4. Daenerys will go to Asshai 0%
  5. Quaithe is a Farman 25%
  6. Lemore is Ashara 25%
  7. Daenerys will sail east to get to Westeros 0%
  8. Khal Drogo's soul is in Drogon 25% (and if, we will most likely never know)
  9. Jon's soul is in Ghost 50%
  10. Rhaego is still alive 0%

100%

Normally I would go with a more realistic estimate, but since it's a question of personal conviction, I'm all in on the Exodus! :D

To frame it a little better, Jon's people will be the first to go, most of the story will take place in Essos between Dany's conquest, the coming refugees and the defiance of Braavos, Euron & Cersei will be the Big Bads blocking the passage across the narrow sea and the Long Night plot line will be resolved by Brienne and Jaime travelling north to Bran Last Hero-style.

50%

Could go either way. Would be cool, but not that new thematically, we already knew evil Starks existed.

25%

I can see the reasoning behind it. I would give it a higher chance, but I don't think it can have that much of an impact on the plot, so I doubt it will be addressed. I mean, even if he did disinherit him and that would affect Jon, Aerys's own legitimacy could be called into question. In the end it would be a matter of popular support anyway.

0%

This one was hard... Excluding it completely seems excessive, but 25% is way too high for me. If you had a 5% or even 10% option I would have gone with that. :P In the end, I feel she has enough to do already even if she doesn't go to Westeros, and Quaithe/Moqorro can teach her what she would have learned there directly.

Quaithe is a Farman

25%

Gah! Another tough one. I'd give it a higher chance because I like the idea, but Elissa Farman was never mentioned in the series proper, so I doubt George would make a big deal out of it. Even if it's true, we'll probably get nothing more than a subtle hint.

Lemore is Ashara

25%

I don't know, I feel that Tyrion would have noticed violet eyes. :P George would be unusually tricky to omit that, but who knows, there may be magical eye drops that change the color of your irises in Westeros. I'm more inclined towards Wenda the White Fawn myself.

0%

Some may not agree even if they buy the Exodus, but I consider them mutually exclusive. She may fly over the narrow sea with Jon to battle Euron, though. Maybe she will see the bleak and frozen Westerosi shores off in the distance! ;)

0%

I don't think so, but the Dothraki may believe it! :D

Jon's soul is in Ghost

100%

I think he will spend some time in there for sure (even if Jon's body is not quite dead yet, but in a coma). I'm a lot less certain that we'll get a "Ghost" PoV chapter, though.

Rhaego is still alive

0%

Sadly, I don't believe it. Who would have taken him? Mirri died soon after Drogo. And most importantly, how would it further the plot? If someone came forth with a toddler claiming it was Rhaego, what reason would Dany have to believe it?

0% - I wish there was like a 10% option. I strongly doubt that a full exodus will happen. I don't like it narratively, but just because I can't see how to do it well doesn't mean George wouldn't know how to do it well. 

25% - I could certainly see it, but I'm not sure on why George would do it. To tie in the Starks sacrificing children to the Others as a thing? Maybe. I feel like this could be a 50% from me...really unsure exactly where I fall, but do know that I'm way more likely to be 49% on this than 50%

0% - There's no reason for it to have happened. Aerys named his successor, he didn't disinherit Rhaegar. This is something that would have come up by now if true.

0% - Another I wish had a 10% option. I think it's very unlikely. I could see her projecting herself there, either through a dream or a candle, but I don't think Asshai has answers for Dany. Asshai seems like it has answers for characters in Westeros. 

Quaithe is a Farman

0% - Are you sure I can't use a 10% option? Actually this is the one I'm most confident on the 0%. If Quaithe IS a Farman, I think a Farman would have been introduced in the series proper, not in a spin off book. 

Lemore is Ashara

25% - It's definitely doable, even with us not knowing her eye color. It's unusual for Tyrion not to comment on someone's eye color as he does it a lot. So an exclusion of color seems like it could be hint that the eye color is telling. It could also just be that they were unremarkable. I want to hear more about Ashara as much as anyone, but I'm not sure this is the way it's going to happen. 

0% - If this means her taking the LONG way to Westeros than hard no. If it means she has to go to Asshai or Old Valyria for a quick second and then go to Westeros...maybe. I would bump to 25% if it means a quick trip east before committing to Weseros.

25% - This is another one I wish we had a lower % I could choose, but I think this is a bit more likely for thematic reasons. I don't think it's likely, though it would be a bit touching if true. The big issue is how would we ever find out? It almost seems like something George would have to confirm outside of the books.   

Jon's soul is in Ghost

100% - I think this is basically confirmed. Unless this theory is that Jon's soul STAYS in Ghost? I would put that at about 25%. But if it's just that Jon's soul entered into Ghost at the end of ADWD, alive or dead, than I am completely sure that's where we are at. 

Rhaego is still alive

25% - I could see it. The betrayal of blood and Stallion that Mounts the World does make some sense, and we really don't have much evidence that he died. However we have even less evidence that he lived, and the logistics of stealing Rhaego is just too daunting for me to buy this theory. Who did MMD make this convoluted plot with? Her captors? While the ideas behind the theory are good, the practicality of it happening aren't. 

Wow, I just realized how low I am on all these theories. But I did enjoy rating them, really wish the %s were more flexible though. 

11 hours ago, Texas Hold Em said:

Theories

5. Quaithe is a Farman
  6. Lemore is Ashara

1. 100% that some people will flee to Essos, seems pretty logical - 0% that all survivors abandon Westeros though.

2. 50% 

3. 25% Aerys was a mad hatter so its possible he did crazy stuff but unlikely because that would cause a lot of problems for Viserys to have an older better brother around.

4. 0%

5. 0%

6. 0%

7. 100%

8. 100%

9. 50%

10. 0%

2 hours ago, The Coconut God said:

Who would have taken him?

Either his Dothraki-relatives, or his dragonblood-relative - Shiera Seastar/Quaithe, who was assisting Dany during Rhaego's birth. Eitherway his kidnapping was treason for blood, and because he is half-Dothraki and half-dragonseed, there's an equal possibility of by whom was he kidnapped.

And most importantly, how would it further the plot?

In the House of the Undying Dany had a prophetic vision, in which she saw grown up Rhaego, and there was a burning city behind him. Based on title of the last book of the series (A Dream of Spring), and GRRM saying that the ending will be bittersweet, it's likely, that Long Night will last longer than a lifetime of current main characters, such as Jon and Dany, and even Rhaego, by the time he will grow up, will still be fighting in a war against the Others. Rhaego is going to be "the Last Hero", the last one standing. So him being alive will further the plot, because he's going to be the Main Character.

If someone came forth with a toddler claiming it was Rhaego, what reason would Dany have to believe it?

Dany knows what Rhaego looks like. When he was born, she saw him. Only she forgot about it, because they drugged her with opium (milk of the poppy). Dany saw Rhaego three times - when he was born; several hours later, when she had a recollection dream about his birth, and a bit of that dream was prophetic, about Rhaego's future; and in the House of the Undying. Rhaego has unique exotic looks - silver-gold hair and purple eyes of Valyrians, and bronze skin and almond shaped eyes of Dothraki. Not to mention, that the age of that baby will be the same as Rhaego's. And because, most likely, Dany will be reunited with her son at the Vaes Dothrak, where other Dothraki will be calling him the Stallion that mounts the world. So she will recognize him. And when he will bond with one of her dragons (with Rhaegel) it will be the final prove of his identity (similar thing happened with Aegon I's son Aenys, people doubted who his father was, until he bonded with one of Targaryen dragons).

13 hours ago, Texas Hold Em said:

Theories

5. Quaithe is a Farman
  6. Lemore is Ashara
  1. 75%
  2. 100%
  3. 75%
  4. 50%
  5. 100%
  6. 100%
  7. 50%
  8. 75%
  9. 100%
  10. 25%

8 hours ago, Bhain Shadowien said:

25% - This is another one I wish we had a lower % I could choose, but I think this is a bit more likely for thematic reasons. I don't think it's likely, though it would be a bit touching if true. The big issue is how would we ever find out? It almost seems like something George would have to confirm outside of the books.

We'll find out in the first person, as when they light Dany's funeral pyre she will reunite with him and Rhaego.

If I stay here, I will die. I may be dying now. Would the horse god of the Dothraki part the grass and claim her for his starry khalasar, so she might ride the nightlands with Khal Drogo? In Westeros the dead of House Targaryen were given to the flames, but who would light her pyre here?

Her sun and stars returned, and her son as a bonus. The three heads of the dragon. The scene the show gave us in place of the HOTU. The reveal is Dany's happy ending.

On 3/28/2019 at 3:38 AM, Texas Hold Em said:

Theories

5. Quaithe is a Farman
  6. Lemore is Ashara

1 - 25%. They didn't flee during the Long Night (that we know of). I'm sure a few of the rich folks might leave, but the average person can't just up and leave. Plus if this winter is what it's cracked up to be, a lot of north-west Essos will be in for it too. 

2 - 25%. I feel like he would've dropped this on Benjen or Jon if it was true. Now, if you asked about the Night King...

3 - 50%. Though if we don't know by now I don't think it would impact much. 

4. - 0%. I'm pretty sure GRRM said so. 

5 - 25%. I've seen the theory and it's interesting. But if she is, so what? Doesn't explain how she knows what she knows outside possible circumnavigation. 

6 - 50%. Who knows. 

7 - 0%. I just don't see how this helps.  I guess since she'd be expected on the east coast? Unless the sunset sea is super narrow It would only take longer. Striking out over open sea is far more dangerous than following the coast, and in my opinion she should march overland all the way to the Narrow Sea before going over sea. I see Victarion's voyage to Slaver's Bay as a cautionary tale - He had the best sailors piloting some of the most durable ships - and lost a third on the way. If she put her whole force on boats and got hit with a hurricane (which we know happen in the narrow sea) she's toast. 

8 - 75%. Maybe not his "soul," but I could see some remnant living on. I only think it's possible because GRRM said the pyre was a one-time magical event. Would be totally OK if it wasn't though. 

9. - 0%. I always hate these theory's that have someone doing some incredible magic act in the heat of the moment without having any idea they could. I've seen someone suggest that somehow Robb warged into Grey Wind and then from Gray Wind to like a squirrel or something. Ridiculous. Sure, Jon knows something special between him and Ghost, but he doesn't know he's a warg. The only possible way I could see this is if Ghost really is an embodiment of the Old Gods and it happened automatically or something. But highly unlikely, Ghost wasn't even around at the time I don't think. 

10. - 0%

On 3/28/2019 at 3:38 AM, Texas Hold Em said:

• 0%
  • 25%
  • 50%
  • 75%
  • 100%

Theories

5. Quaithe is a Farman
  6. Lemore is Ashara

100% on the Exodus.  Mostly small Folk because the nobles will stay on.  The Starks included.  The Starks will serve the Others like Craster did. 

100% on Craster being a Stark.

100% on Aerys disinheriting Rhaegar.  Itmakes good logic for his advisers to propose this.

50% on Daenerys visiting Asshai.

100% on Qhaithe being Farman

100% on Lemore is Ashara

75% on Daenerys going the Eastern route.

100% on Khal Drogo living a second life as Drogon.

100% on Jon permanently living a second life as Ghost.

25% on Rhaego still living.

4 hours ago, OtherFromAnotherMother said:

Indeed, he did. I suppose one could say that George could have Dany go to Asshai off page, but that is a reach, IMO.

https://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/Asshai.com_Forum_Chat

Very bottom question. 

Did he not qualify this with "but I have the right to change my mind"?  It is always possible and can never be ruled out.

Archived