Will Jon and Sansa be the fulfillment of the coming together of Ice and Fire?

13 hours ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

What, do you want Jon and Sansa to make out? They think they're siblings and can't act on anything. How would you convey that in TV form?

You have seen how to do that with Margery all the time. You have just seen Arya exchanging a flirtations turning and smiling when leaving.

Generally, smiling, teasing, embracing, relying, touching are accepted means to show involuntary or even open interest. They could embrace longer than necessary for departures or welcoming. They could smile more often at each other, they could just exhibit particular well-feeling with each other. Very harmless beginnings at least. 

And no, I did not imply that they should "make out" with each other in the current state of affairs.

13 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

guess I would expect to see sexual tension in a relationship that is supposed to be boiling under the surface.  Instead, I see no chemistry, no attempt at chemistry, the show isn't even trying to make the audience 'see' the chemistry by having other characters comment on it, like they did with Jon and Dany.  They aren't in love. 

Totally agree. They should show us something, even the slightest hints of smiling, teasing, embracing.

3 hours ago, Lady Ren said:

Didnt GRRM say love and sex are one the main motivators of human behaviour? And that his one criticism of lord of the rings is that hobbits are made to seem almost sexless? 

And I agree with GRRM here. Lord of the Rings is not emotionally gripping because emotions are mostly absent.

Live is about love and social interaction. GRRM portrays that very nicely in A Song of Ice and Fire.

The Westermarck effect would be strong between Jon and Sansa, and in addition the show has given us no hints or clues at all that these two are (falling) in love with each other. Quite the opposite in fact, Jon still feels that Sansa is undermining him and Sansa thinks that Jon's stupid. 

It would be both nasty and come out of the blue, which would be bad storytelling.

29 minutes ago, The Sunland Lord said:

I think Jon will end up as a king of Westeros with a seat in Winterfell. The Capital will be moved. It was done in real history. His wife-one of Daenerys, Arya, or Sansa.

Winterfell as the capital city of the continent doesn't make sense; it'd be like setting up the EU institutions in Laponia or Cyprus.

As for Arya or Sansa, no way: The Westermarck effect would be even stronger between Jon and Arya.

Is Brussels a more believable option to be the de facto seat of the EU besides having cities like Paris, Berlin, Rome, etc.? Yet it is. 

And Winterfell is not some random place, it's glorious, magical and once a royal castle.

As for Sansa or Arya: Sansa is more unlikely than Arya, but Arya is possible IMO. Stranger things happened than that.

On 4/20/2019 at 7:27 AM, Nowy Tends said:

Winterfell as the capital city of the continent doesn't make sense; it'd be like setting up the EU institutions in Laponia or Cyprus.

As for Arya or Sansa, no way: The Westermarck effect would be even stronger between Jon and Arya.

Does the Westermarck effect even exist in Westeros? :ph34r: It's a fictional world, the same rules don't apply, otherwise Daenerys Targaryen wouldn't be the most beautiful woman in the world, she's the product of years of inbreeding. 

EDIT: I don't think Jonsa is happening anyway, it was always a crackship.

10 hours ago, AEJON TARGARYEN said:

Does the Westermarck effect even exist in Westeros? :ph34r: It's a fictional world, the same rules don't apply, otherwise Daenerys Targaryen wouldn't be the most beautiful woman in the world, she's the product of years of inbreeding. 

Incest is considered taboo in Westeros, so it probably does exist to some extent.

With that said, Incest in Westeros is only regarded as Incest if it's sexual relations between siblings or between parents and their children. Sexual relations between (first)cousins and even aunts/nephews or uncles/nieces are considered acceptable. 

And yes, in the real world Daenerys would probably have three eyes and twelve fingers due to heavy inbreeding (if she'd be born at all.) Targaryens aren't like normal westerosi/humans though - they're valyrians, and valyrians often, at least to me, feel like they're not fully human. Humanoids sure, but not 100% humans, if that makes any sense.

They have dragons blood, silver hair, purple eyes, unique complexions and used magic and technology that was ahead of it's time and lost to history after the doom of valyria. This valyrians-aren't-really-humans theory is further reinforced by the fact that many Targaryen women gave birth to monsters and stillborns when being impregnated by non-Targaryen men in Westeros.
They're essentially the equivalent of elves in Planetos. (No, I'm not saying they're actual elves.)

Feel free to correct me on this though, I haven't read that much about it. Just my two cents after some light reading.

4 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

many Targaryen women gave birth to monsters and stillborns when being impregnated by non-Targaryen men in Westeros

Rhaenyra Targaryen gave birth to a lizard baby, and the father was her uncle Daemon Targaryen, who was even more Targ than she was. So it doesn't seem to have much (if anything) to do with a non-Targ father.

It's happening before our eyes people. 

Jon and Sansa didn't so much as look at each other this episode - but

Jon took Sansa's side in the Great Hall with regard to Jamie. 

They stood side by side around the war table. 

I wonder what he told her when she asked him if he knelt for love or for the North. 

3 hours ago, Lady Ren said:

Don't be ridiculous. We might have a TheonSa but JonSa went to the trash, was picked up by the garbage collectors and is on its way to the dump/incinerator since long.

6 hours ago, Lady Ren said:

What is?

Jon and Sansa didn't so much as look at each other this episode - but

But? That’s the stuff of romance?

Jon took Sansa's side in the Great Hall with regard to Jamie. 

Actually, they all took Brienne’s words to heart. 

They stood side by side around the war table. 

IMO this doesn’t even qualify as grasping at straws.

I wonder what he told her when she asked him if he knelt for love or for the North. 

Probably that he loves Dany? Or both? Since Sansa told Dany that Jon loves her, and she seemed totally fine w/ that. And Sansa didn’t come across as being upset or jealous at all when she told Dany that btw. The tension only happened when the Northern independence came up. 

I may be a complete idiot, or maybe dead inside, but I honestly don't understand how anyone can see anything that even remotely ressembles a romantic relation between Jon and Sansa. If it turns out to be true, than it is done pretty bad in my opinion. But since people seem to foresee it, maybe I am an idiot or completely unromantic. 

10 minutes ago, T and A said:

I may be a complete idiot, or maybe dead inside, but I honestly don't understand how anyone can see anything that even remotely ressembles a romantic relation between Jon and Sansa. If it turns out to be true, than it is done pretty bad in my opinion. But since people seem to foresee it, maybe I am an idiot or completely unromantic. 

Agree 100%. There isn’t a shred of romance foreshadowing, sexual tension, nothing. 

First i saw this topic and thought: this dude smoke some weed before watching the episode.

But then, Dany and Sansa were talking and Sansa was like: well, i'm sorry you did everything right...blah blah- but im worried about Jon's love about you.

It made me start wondering If that wasnt some kind of jealousy...

Right after we got some nonsense North is Free but we like you and then i came back to reality and still thinking theres nothing in It.

32 minutes ago, T and A said:

No, there is nothing there but people's imagination.  It's not that different from the books, really, where people  have spent thousands of hours and words on various theories that are totally crackpot and based on pure imagination.  Jon and Sansa in love and ending the series together is like that, a dash of fulfillment on top of several servings of crack-pottery and there you go. 

2 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Agree 100%. There isn’t a shred of romance foreshadowing, sexual tension, nothing. 

Thank god, I am not the only one :DBecause I see this theory everywhere on the internet. And I thought to myself, I am clearly missing something, because I don't see any romantic chemistry at all. 

Archived