Will Jon and Sansa be the fulfillment of the coming together of Ice and Fire?

7 hours ago, Lady of Mercia said:

Jon at the moment is focussed on Dany, as much as he's focussed on anything but the WW. But I think if Dany dies, Sansa will be his Queen. Their scenes together are usually very angsty, arguing like a married couple, giving deep sighs and answering in soft tones. Plus the hand-holding which the camera focuses on for some reason.

From their very first speaking scene (after the hug, where Sansa eats soup) Jon seems transfixed by her - at first I thought he was just mesmerised by the sight of a family member. But Sophie looked beautiful in that shot, and it's almost like Jon can't take his eyes off her, then gives her a goofy half-smile when she speaks to him. (A lot like the one Edd gives her later when they're all eating together, and she says something about there being more important things than the food. You can tell he's smitten.)

They also tend to shoot their scenes so that Sophie doesn't always tower over Kit (not very successfully), which of course might have nothing to do with romance, and just be giving the King a little boost in stature.

Or maybe this is all in my head and I just think they look cute together. I'm almost embarrassed at the level of fanfic I've written above, but whatever. I mean I'm not saying it's likely, but if it happens I won't be surprised.

This what I mean by content and writing.

And dont be embarassed at all please. You are only relating what you see. 

When viewed all together, and in the context of Jon's parentage, it's not quite subtle is it?

Which is why all the subterfuge is necessary. Why the use of subtext over express text. Because otherwise it would all be less exciting overall. 

Archived