What will the last scene of game of thrones season 8 contain?

GameofStones_

On 4/7/2019 at 8:14 PM, Lollygag said:

Dany was right to put bending the knee aside. Jon was wrong to offer. Dany was wrong to not resist the temptation to accept.

Yes, Jon should not have bent the knee. It was obviously not the will of his people. That is why Mance didn't do it for Stannis.

But here it is their war, not someone else. So he had decided he would bend, if it was what Daenerys requested. Even against the will of the North. Because they had no choice. As Torrhen did.

When Daenerys recognized her wrongs and gave her help without condition, she greatly increased in Jon's estimate. So I believe he decided to give her what he had made his mind about it. Even if it was wrong, of both of them.

Like Jaime (and Theon before),, she is now at the beginning of her redemption path. Will she endure it and pay the price? Is there even a redemption for her? I don't know, but I bet no.

On 4/7/2019 at 8:14 PM, Lollygag said:

I don't think it should be forgotten that Jaime was raised to be heir of CR by Tywin of all people

From their childhood, Cersei was the (frightfully) dominant, Jaime the obedient. My understanding is she fashioned him so hard, it was virtually impossible for him to escape. So why it took him so long to leave her. Yes, he was worshiped by his fellow soldiers, but completely powerless before her. I don't think he could do a king.

1 hour ago, BalerionTheCat said:

Like Jaime (and Theon before),, she is now at the beginning of her redemption path. Will she endure it and pay the price? Is there even a redemption for her? I don't know, but I bet no

What redeption? What exactly has she done so horrificly that she must redeem herself off? The only thing that comes to my mind, is killing the masters. That needs no redemption in the World she is living. 

I really envy those of you who have involved plans for how this all ends.  I do feel certain that Jaime and Brienne die, together, fighting off the enemy, their swords lying on the ground, together.  In this way, Ned Stark is recalled as both honorable, and that the great sword Ice, is reunited, in a final fight for good.  Slightly romantic, somewhat Disney, yet satisfying.  This would be part of the final episode.

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 6:05 PM, Error-504 said:

Oddly reminiscent of Rhaegar and Lyanna, isn't it? 

Jamie is one of my favorite characters, but  no way does he end up on the throne. Too much working against him, for starters, his name. Not to mention the things he was complicate in with Cersei. Very poor judgment when in love as well. I think the best you can hope for Jamie is a hero's death, and recognition for what he did to Aery's.  

Yeah, it is like R+L. That really didn't end well. 

Westeros is going to be such a disaster, a lot of the old standards won't matter anymore. Actually, D&D already retconned the Jaime/Cersei bro/sis problem. Cersei wanted to come out about their relationship and Jaime being the father, and for some reason I've yet to understand, it's now suddenly all cool. 

Yup, Jaime had poor judgement in love, but that's in the past and it's a huge part of his arc. Not so for Jon and Dany who have yet to even comprehend the problem apparently.

4 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

From their childhood, Cersei was the (frightfully) dominant, Jaime the obedient. My understanding is she fashioned him so hard, it was virtually impossible for him to escape. So why it took him so long to leave her. Yes, he was worshiped by his fellow soldiers, but completely powerless before her. I don't think he could do a king.

Jon is now currently under the spell of Dany whom everyone magically falls in love with for some inexplicable reason. Ok, so it was probably really so D&D didn't actually have to write a real love story for them which allowed them to substitute the much easier to write googly eyes, 2 hot people, love at first sight crap.

It took Jaime so long to learn because D&D needed filler and didn't know what to do with him. Book Jaime started to gain autonomy from Cersei in ACOK while imprisoned in RR leaving him with nothing to do but think which Tyrion was clear Jaime used to avoid like the plague. That's why he needed to lose his sword hand and will never regain his skill with his left. Jaime will be forced to think and things will come of that. 

I really don't know if he and Brienne would be good monarchs, but they look a whole lot better than Jon, Dany, Sansa, and Arya at the moment at least. 

On 4/7/2019 at 6:53 PM, Lollygag said:

Did you notice that he also lost the hand that pushed Bran out the window?

The things he did for love...pushing Bran out the window - the reader was supposed to pick up on that also applying to Bran even if Jaime was only thinking about Aerys at the time. 

Firstly, Jamie used his LEFT hand to push Bran out of the window. He loses his right hand, though.

Secondly, I did not understand who thought about "Aerys at the time"? Can you elaborate on this, please? At which time? Jamie thought about covering up his incestuous relationship with Cersei at that time he pushed Bran out of the window.

Thirdly, I agree that child murder is nothing special at all in Game of Thrones. Many people kill children in GoT. It's a cruel world where individuals do not really count but for their next of kin. 

3 hours ago, Kajjo said:

Firstly, Jamie used his LEFT hand to push Bran out of the window. He loses his right hand, though.

Secondly, I did not understand who thought about "Aerys at the time"? Can you elaborate on this, please? At which time? Jamie thought about covering up his incestuous relationship with Cersei at that time he pushed Bran out of the window.

Thirdly, I agree that child murder is nothing special at all in Game of Thrones. Many people kill children in GoT. It's a cruel world where individuals do not really count but for their next of kin. 

Firstly: In the show, yes. In the books, it doesn't say and we later find out that Jaime's extremely right-handed making it unlikely he used his left hand. GRRM wouldn't overlook Jaime losing the wrong hand after swearing to save Cat's kids when it was that hand that nearly killed her favorite. You can't really go by the show for a hard confirmation on which hand he really used. Maisie has said she's been forced to use her right hand despite Arya being left-handed because that was how they wanted to shoot the scene. 

Secondly: The quote upthread where Jaime thinks he lost himself with his hand is right after he confesses to Brienne about what really happened with Aerys. 

The last scene will obviously be a post credit scene with D&D: 'We would like to thank the mindless audience and critics for buying all the shit we have been selling and making us filthy rich. Continue with us as we will right all the wrongs in the Star Wise franchise next.'

21 hours ago, T and A said:

What redeption? What exactly has she done so horrificly that she must redeem herself off? The only thing that comes to my mind, is killing the masters. That needs no redemption in the World she is living. 

She killed the Tarlys who were the only honorable men to not bow and hold their oaths. She is as bent to destroying everyone opposing her than Cersei. Her crusade for salves is fake. In season 1 she had no qualms when the Dothrakis where enslaving and killing the Lambs people, pacifists if any, to buy ships for her conquest. She abandoned Meereen where nothing but a turncloak sellsword is protecting her former children from the slavers of everywhere. And so on. I will not try to do a summary of every fault laid at her feet and the Targaryens in general. Did you notice the North don't seem to appreciate them?

33 minutes ago, Mystical said:

The last scene will obviously be a post credit scene with D&D: 'We would like to thank the mindless audience and critics for buying all the shit we have been selling and making us filthy rich. Continue with us as we will right all the wrongs in the Star Wise franchise next.'

If someone speaks down to other people like that, he says more about himself, than anyone could ever offend him. You have great manners and your parents have done a terrific job in raising you. Enjoy your life. 

5 minutes ago, BalerionTheCat said:

She killed the Tarlys who were the only honorable men to not bow and hold their oaths. She is as bent to destroying everyone opposing her than Cersei. Her crusade for salves is fake. In season 1 she had no qualms when the Dothrakis where enslaving and killing the Lambs people, pacifists if any, to buy ships for her conquest. She abandoned Meereen where nothing but a turncloak sellsword is protecting her former children from the slavers of everywhere. And so on. I will not try to do a summary of every fault laid at her feet and the Targaryens in general. Did you notice the North don't seem to appreciate them?

The Tarlys were her enemies. She defeated them and gave them the chance to surrender, which they denied. They choose death. Don't make the mistake to compare Daenerys Targaryen by modern morals. By modern morals nearly all characters in GoT are monsters. Even Ned beheaded a defenseless guy in the first episode. In modern world you would put that maniac to jail. I could go on with these examples for hours. By the morals of that world, she did nothing wrong. It may have been stupid, since keeping them hostages may have been more beneficial for her cause, but it was nothing she had to redeem herself from. 

You need redemption about something you did horribly wrong. If you try to free slaves, and it does not work out, you don't need redemption. You just failed. 

Regarding the North: there is no region in the seven kingdoms who are more pathetic and vicious than the northeners. As soon as you turn their back, they will betray you. Exaples: The Starks (betrayed by the Boltons, Umbers, Karstarks etc.). Or crowning Jon as KitN: "I will stand behind Jon Snow" (Lord Glover). While Jon is in Dragonstone, exactly this guy is the one who proposes Sansa to rule over the North, instead of Jon. They are the worst.

12 minutes ago, BalerionTheCat said:

Different POV. These talks never go anywhere. Not long to wait now.

Just one thing I feel worthy to add: Respect is earned by what you do for others. Not by threatening people.

I think you misunderstand me. I, as a real person, agree on the second part completely. And, as a real person, think of course that Daenerys is a terrible monarch who should be stopped. But I think the same about every other of theese feudal characters. The only person I think might be a decent person, is Samwell Tarly. That is the only character in the books and the show, that I kinda can relate. The rest are just medieval characters. 

30 minutes ago, T and A said:

I think you misunderstand me. I, as a real person, agree on the second part completely. And, as a real person, think of course that Daenerys is a terrible monarch who should be stopped. But I think the same about every other of theese feudal characters. The only person I think might be a decent person, is Samwell Tarly. That is the only character in the books and the show, that I kinda can relate. The rest are just medieval characters. 

Agree with you about Sam and what you just said. My preference would go to Davos. Even if he made some big mistakes following Stannis. But none of them have the sufficient "leadership" or "personality" or "destiny" to protect this bunch of crazy loons.

21 minutes ago, T and A said:

oh dear. 

There are no such things as feudal characters or medieval characters whether in fiction or history. They are just humans. What is different is that the rules, laws and customs surrounding them are different and they operate within a different framework of what is acceptable and what is not. Medieval people are motivated by the same human impulses as we are but what they are able to do, how they react within their framework and how they justify their actions are all dictated by contemporary laws, regulations and morals. 

In other words, if you were brought up to believe you were entitled to be obeyed and that you had the right to chop some one's head off, you would. Or invade another country. Or forcibly take another person. Or do any number of things which are not acceptable today and which you like to believe you would not do. Game of Thrones succeeds as a novel because the people and how they are motivated are believable in their actions even if the background is fantastical. The same applies to medieval history or any other history. 

People are always either silly, stupid, vindictive, idiotic, kind, generous, ambitious, ruthless or whatever. 

7 minutes ago, Blue Roses said:

oh dear. 

There are no such things as feudal characters or medieval characters whether in fiction or history. They are just humans. What is different is that the rules, laws and customs surrounding them are different and they operate within a different framework of what is acceptable and what is not. Medieval people are motivated by the same human impulses as we are but what they are able to do, how they react within their framework and how they justify their actions are all dictated by contemporary laws, regulations and morals. 

In other words, if you were brought up to believe you were entitled to be obeyed and that you had the right to chop some one's head off, you would. Or invade another country. Or forcibly take another person. Or do any number of things which are not acceptable today and which you like to believe you would not do. Game of Thrones succeeds as a novel because the people and how they are motivated are believable in their actions even if the background is fantastical. The same applies to medieval history or any other history. 

People are always either silly, stupid, vindictive, idiotic, kind, generous, ambitious, ruthless or whatever. 

Yeah my dear.. If you would have take your time to read not only my last post (which was a continuation), but also the prior posts of this conversation, you would have realised that I stated the same.;)

16 hours ago, Mystical said:

With GRRM popping up behind them telling us all that now he is rich he is going to focus on giving us Wildcards and the show ending is the only ending we're going to get...?

15 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

Different POV. These talks never go anywhere. Not long to wait now.

Just one thing I feel worthy to add: Respect is earned by what you do for others. Not by threatening people.

Respect is a highly subjective thing, as are things like what is honourable and what is not.  

For example, slavery is outlawed in Westeros.  And yet in reality, being forced to take the black is literally a form of slavery.

16 hours ago, T and A said:

If someone speaks down to other people like that, he says more about himself, than anyone could ever offend him. You have great manners and your parents have done a terrific job in raising you. Enjoy your life. 

What does that have to do at all with what I wrote? Can you actually make sense? Ever?

PS: Your parents have done a terrific job raising you without a sense of humor.

1 hour ago, Mystical said:

What does that have to do at all with what I wrote? Can you actually make sense? Ever?

But I put the whole quote of you, dear. You want to see it again? Fine. Here it comes...

18 hours ago, Mystical said:

And calling it humor, after you call everyone mindless, that is a cheap way to go. :laugh:. Maybe it is just not funny to question the mind of every viewer out there?

Archived