What will the last scene of game of thrones season 8 contain?

GameofStones_

Last scene I think will be a flash forward a few years after the events of season 8. I assume it will be Jon and Dany's child (sigh) doing something and seeing a new threat approaching Westeros. Like White Walkers 2.0 or something. I think that's as close as they will get to a bittersweet ending (assuming that's still something they are trying to go for).

17 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

My preference would go to Davos.

That's funny: one hour ago I watched a OCS (HBO's distributor in France) promo clip, where all the characters are seen sitting on the IT (1 after 1, for 1 or 2 seconds), and the last one is Davos, and he stays sitting much longer during the credits, until the end… 

5 hours ago, Ser Gareth said:

For example, slavery is outlawed in Westeros.  And yet in reality, being forced to take the black is literally a form of slavery.

I'm glad you mentioned that. I often said "forced to work until your death" and "sentenced to death if you desert your job" were trademarks of slavery. Same as forcing oaths, otherwise called "bending the knee" under threat of death, forced to honor oaths taken hundreds of years before by your ancestors (aka slaves' children are also slaves).

6 hours ago, Ser Gareth said:

Respect is a highly subjective thing, as are things like what is honourable and what is not.  

For example, slavery is outlawed in Westeros.  And yet in reality, being forced to take the black is literally a form of slavery.

Well, not really.  They're criminals, and then are given a choice, take the black or face the other punishment which is usually death or losing an appendage.  It's more of a permanent form of community service.  But, they always had a choice to take the other option.  

5 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Well, not really.  They're criminals, and then are given a choice, take the black or face the other punishment which is usually death or losing an appendage.  It's more of a permanent form of community service.  But, they always had a choice to take the other option.  

It's an alternative punishment of death or mutilation. But it's still slavery. It's still the "under threat of death".

3 hours ago, btfu806 said:

Last scene I think will be a flash forward a few years after the events of season 8.

I believe Jon's death means he will not age. He will guard the realms of men for centuries, maybe millennia to come. Maybe we will have a scene, some 50 years in the future, with Sam and Little Sam, now also an old man, and Jon, still as young as today.

18 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

I believe Jon's death means he will not age. He will guard the realms of men for centuries, maybe millennia to come. Maybe we will have a scene, some 50 years in the future, with Sam and Little Sam, now also an old man, and Jon, still as young as today.

That would be kinda interesting. At least something different I can get behind...

Hmmmm

Well, what my terribly-biased, crack-theory-loving, totally not-gonna-happen brain says is something like blah blah blah Sansa sits on the Iron Throne, maybe Tyrion at her side, blah blah blah, maybe Jonaerys baby in her lap

Mainly cuz a big part of me thinks Jon and Dany won't survive but I could be wrong and probably am 

I would hope the last scene isn't a storybook thing with Sam but it could be that, or Tyrion reading the story to Jonaerys baby, or something. Or, it could just be a shot of someone, most likely Jon or Dany, on the Iron Throne. Cut. End Credits. 

16 hours ago, Pandean said:

Hmmmm

Well, what my terribly-biased, crack-theory-loving, totally not-gonna-happen brain says is something like blah blah blah Sansa sits on the Iron Throne, maybe Tyrion at her side, blah blah blah, maybe Jonaerys baby in her lap

Mainly cuz a big part of me thinks Jon and Dany won't survive but I could be wrong and probably am 

I would hope the last scene isn't a storybook thing with Sam but it could be that, or Tyrion reading the story to Jonaerys baby, or something. Or, it could just be a shot of someone, most likely Jon or Dany, on the Iron Throne. Cut. End Credits. 

Over the last 20 years I've flip flopped all over the place on how I think it'll all end.

I also think Jon and Dany won't make it.

And there is definitely that whole thing about the Sans/ Mountain/Hound and Jaime thing yet to come.

Just now, Ser Gareth said:

Over the last 20 years I've flip flopped all over the place on how I think it'll all end.

I also think Jon and Dany won't make it.

And there is definitely that whole thing about the Sans/ Mountain/Hound and Jaime thing yet to come.

I'll be pretty surprised if Jon and Dany make it. Mainly because it just seems....to predictable and easy and not something GRRM would do. But then again, hes not really in control of the show anymore.

Just now, Pandean said:

I'll be pretty surprised if Jon and Dany make it. Mainly because it just seems....to predictable and easy and not something GRRM would do. But then again, hes not really in control of the show anymore.

I think the ending will be the same between the show and books.

I also think GRRM's reputation of doing the unexpected is massively overblown.  It all stems from one thing, Eddard being executed.  But five books in, he is still the only original POV character that has fully died.  Catelyn was kind of brought back.  Jon will be brought back.  So the genuine main characters won't be in any major danger until the very end.

1 hour ago, Ser Gareth said:

I think the ending will be the same between the show and books.

I also think GRRM's reputation of doing the unexpected is massively overblown.  It all stems from one thing, Eddard being executed.  But five books in, he is still the only original POV character that has fully died.  Catelyn was kind of brought back.  Jon will be brought back.  So the genuine main characters won't be in any major danger until the very end.

It's not that I'm expecting him to do anything unexpected per say. I just think with where he's going, his personal beliefs, and stuff I personally picked up in the writing (that may very well be nonexistent) that the most obvious ending (Jon  and Dany on the throne or some variant) isn't going to happen.

I am going to stick with my original final scene. Jons funeral, Sansa and Arya are there and a few others, Sam and maybe Tyrion (unless he dies saving Dany), last image is of Dany turning sideways showing her baby bump, cue the tears.

My idea of how the series should end is having Sansa or Arya (leaning towards Sansa) stroll through Winterfell as the survivors rebuild.  She meets and greets some of the important characters and discusses some of the current events (so the audience learns how other regions are faring).  Then she goes alone to the godswood where she weeps for all the people who have lost their lives.  It ends with Ghost, who Jon has warged into, coming out of the woods to comfort her.

On 4/14/2019 at 10:28 PM, Pandean said:

Yeah, it was so predictable that Jon could end up on the IT in season 1, and 2, and 3, and 4, and 5...

7 hours ago, Xemi said:

Yeah, it was so predictable that Jon could end up on the IT in season 1, and 2, and 3, and 4, and 5...

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not but tbh it was to me because I already knew R + L = J and that Jon was one of the primary protagonists yadda yadda yadda song of ice and fire yadda yadda yadda

The closing scene will be mirror the opening scene, but focusing on the surviving Stark children. We will see Bran's dream of spring only after he has sent into the past the massive, collective memories of these final battles to seed the ancient legends and complete the cycle. 

There will be no Iron Throne nor anything else left that the Targaryens brought to Westeros.The single kingdom that Aegon the Conqueror created three hundred years ago will be no more, never to be reformed. The wheel has been broken. Those most responsible for saving the world will never be themselves again, permanently changed by their sacrifices and loss.

Each city and region will determine its own future coordinated by a permanent great council who elects its own rotating executive director, the first of whom shall be Davos. Any great house that survives will do so only through the female line or a bastard child, never a legitimate eldest male. 

The reason the single Targaryen realm will be no more because the true purpose behind Daenys the Dreamer's prophetic vision to save a single Valyrian house from the Doom will have been fulfilled: thanks to the last of the dragonlords of old, the Fimbulwinter threat to the entire world will have been somehow banished and whatever had been causing the unnatural seasons will have mended.

Archived