What will the last scene of game of thrones season 8 contain?

GameofStones_

closing scene opens on the iron throne, now empy, pans back with half the throne room destoryed, covered in snow, no one in site.  Then sir Pounce walks in, jumps up on the throne, sits back and beings licking his butt all Puss in Boots style .   Roll credits..

On 4/19/2019 at 7:31 PM, Pandean said:

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not but tbh it was to me because I already knew R + L = J and that Jon was one of the primary protagonists yadda yadda yadda song of ice and fire yadda yadda yadda

Yes, I'm sure you have plenty of old posts to prove your prescience... not.

On 3/28/2019 at 3:10 PM, GameofStones_ said:

I've been searching on youtube for any theories on what the last scene of season 8 could be. I've only found one (check the link) and it consisted of 3 different suggestions. The first was quite boring because it just said that samwell tarly will finish reading game of thrones from a book (the evidence is the connection between the citadel and the astrolabe in the intro of each episode). The second idea for the last scene was the opposite of the intro, in other words that the camera zooms out from the map of westeros and essos, and eventually it is revealed that the known world actually exists inside an eye of some kind of creature. The last idea for the ending scene is one in which a person approaches the white walker altar in the lands of always winter, and it is hinted that the person is a white walker himself and is carrying jon snow's sword longclaw.

Top 3 Game of Thrones Last Scene Predictions

so I'm wondering what you guys think will be the last scene of the series?

force ghosts robert baratheon, ned stark and jon arryn (played by hayden christenseen) look on approvingly as everyone celebrates the end of the night king with fireworks and dancing.

On 4/24/2019 at 6:36 PM, Pandean said:

Excuse me? There's no need to be rude.

Rude? You claimed something, you have to provide evidence to back up that claim, that's kinda how a discussion works. I don't have to take your word for it. So, I'll ask again, where's your evidence?

On 4/26/2019 at 2:49 AM, Xemi said:

Rude? You claimed something, you have to provide evidence to back up that claim, that's kinda how a discussion works. I don't have to take your word for it. So, I'll ask again, where's your evidence?

I found your snide comment re: my post history rude. And if you want to get technical, your first response to me was a snarky comment re: Jon on the throne that didn't warrant or begin any type of noticeable discussion as it lacked any depth to start a discussion in the first place. Your continuing comments also do not seem to have any type of discussional depth so I am frankly confused as what you think we are discussing.

You asked about Jon on the throne. I never in my posts mentioned Jon on the throne. I said that certain things, like Jon being Rhaegar and Lyanna's son was, to me, personally something I could tell early on while reading the books.

Someone commented that people misjudged GRRM's predictability due to Ned's death in reply to my comment as to why I thought Jon and Dany would die as gthem being on the throne would be 'obvious'.  

Personally, my thinking of why they would die is less based on GRRM's "unpredictability" and more on things I've noticed and that he's said he likes to due re: twisting character archetypes, the way he's set up certain characters and how they've changed, and his anti-war stance which makes me believe Dany's fate is grim as a war-like conqueror and that Jon's is at least bittersweet due to him being involved so heavily in the war with the dead. I don't think either will come out shiny winning a kingdom because in the end, I think ASOIAF is anti-war. 

Jon and Dany are pretty much the hero archetype twisted which is why I would be incredibly surprised if either come out on top or completely unscathed.

These are all my personal thoughts and predictions. I have said that I could and probably am wildly wrong in all of my posts.

Better?

I sort of like the idea of it ending with (old) Sam writing the last words in the book or reading it to someone. But I've been hearing this one for so long that now I kinda want it to end with something else. 

I'm not a fan of a peaceful ending where someone just sits on the Throne and then it fades from there. Or one where people are rebuilding, the summer is at its height, etc. I think some new dark clouds in the distance would provide a nice touch for the ultimate finale. Maybe the return of the Others/NK (in the form of someone else).

Jon or Dany will be dead before the end, just can't decide which one of them. Jon could die some kind of last heroic death and maybe  Dany would be left alive, alone, having lost and sacrificed so much. Maybe in the end she decides to decline the Iron Throne and it passes on to Gendry or something. Gendry's family history will definitely play some role still since the last time we were reminded of his true identity was in ep02.

Closing scene:
Daenerys and Jon have just been wedded. Sansa, Bran, Arya, Sam, that one unsullied dude, Daenerys servant who fucks the unsullied dude, Jamie, Cersei with an eyepatch (she survived because enough blood has been spilled because Daenerys's heart has grown three sizes larger after finding out Cersei is pregnant and did everything she did for her children), and Brienne are shown clapping along with all of Westeros. All around Westeros fire works are going off. Jon mentions that Ghost has died off screen. D&D emerge from the crowd, flick off the viewers, and then say "Thanks for the money suckas, we're off to make Star Wars bye.". Roll credits, which are actually just the opening credits of Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Since D&D have decided to start cribbing Blumhouse for ideas, Have old Sam close the book, smile and nod approvingly, then a new Night King runs across the room and guts him as the screen fades to black.  No explanation, no reason, just for the jump scare and shock value.

On 4/28/2019 at 8:24 AM, Pandean said:

You asked about Jon on the throne. I never in my posts mentioned Jon on the throne. I said that certain things, like Jon being Rhaegar and Lyanna's son was, to me, personally something I could tell early on while reading the books.

Yes, thank you for admitting that. That's all I wanted really, because I'm tired of people saying "Jon being King" is predictable when I have barely seen a few people predicting such in my years lurking here and in the ASOIAF sub reddit.

I have no issue with anything you said in your post, although I still think you're going to be disappointed, specially considering what happened in the last episode, concerning Jon, Beric and Melisandre.

Although a final scene of Jon and Ghost silently ranging together in the far north would be gratifying, it’s hard to imagine that the show’s very last scene won’t mirror its very scene. If it does, then that means it will be from Bran’s perspective. 

Archived