Calling all Picts! : Pictionary 44 : A Nightmare of Spring

Count Balerion

OK, hominids (and others). I'm taking a stab at hosting Pictionary, on the principle of What's-the-worst-that-can-happen. I'm posting this message now, in the hopes that we can start some time next week.

I don't have much of a notion of what I'm doing, so any advice is welcome. Especially, how you keep all the players, their sentences/pictures, who drew whose sentence and who described whose picture, etc., etc., straight.

Don't know if you want a theme or not; but hey. I'm also not sure if you want scoring; it might be a fair bit of work.

So ... the nitty-gritty:

The Rules
General

1. Send me a PM entitled Pictionary: *YOUR BOARD NAME* containing a starting sentence.

2. Once we have enough players I'll send you someone else's sentence. You'll have around 72 hours (3 days) to draw (or depict) the sentence and send me a link to it in the PM chain you started in #1.

3. You'll be sent someone else's picture. You'll have 48 hours (2 days) to send me a description of the picture in the PM chain.

4. Watch your DM’s, as I’ll be sending you sentences to draw or pictures to describe in alternating rounds. [DMs? Daily messages?]

5. I'll post all the chains at the end of the game for your amusement.

Sentence rules

Your description should only be one sentence, not a paragraph. I can understand the desire to describe every detail of the drawing, but the interpretation is more important.  Brevity is the soul of wit.

Picture rules

Any kind of visual art which has been completely created by you is great. Most people will either draw on paper and scan it or take a photo.  You can also use digital drawing software such as MS Paint. But feel free to unleash your creativity.

The only restrictions are:

Please keep the images fairly clean. Nothing NSFW, please.  I’m not sure why there even needs to be a rule against Harry Potter's wand, but no accounting for tastes; let’s also stay away from Trump’s Toad.  Imagining it once was enough, thank you.
    Use of letters in drawings is not allowed.
    It must be entirely your own work - there shouldn't be any kind of copying/pasting from google images (though using them as reference material is fine).

Please link me to a PNG or JPG hosted elsewhere (e.g. people often use imgur). Make sure the picture link doesn't give any clues to the image contents or its origins. It should be a size where we can easily see it and should be rotated to be the correct way round. If you go to imgur, upload your picture, then right-click on it, then click View image.

Edit: Old Pictionary games are here:

This will either encourage players, or make them run away screaming.

Edit:

The players for this game are:

Sniffer

Chicken

Arya

Cridefea

Jez

Meera

Pebble (subbed by me for Round 1)

Knight has offered to be a sub, if needed.

Oh, and here is a list of how people are often drawn; following it isn't required, but it'll help when you see something weird in a picture and don't know it's meant to be a poster:

Spoiler

Bex is a witch (not in martial arts gear)

BlackBear is the hulk (i.e. green guy)

Buckwheat is a flower

Count Balerion is a one-eared vampire cat

Helena is ginger  - in the past she has been drawn as Toothless from how to train your dragon

Horse of Kent is a horse

Lany is a karate witch

Pebble is a Yellow Little Miss

RhaenysB is blonde, although sometimes black cat with a Targaryen sigil

Rocksniffer is a dog, normally smoking and or peeing

TitanCat is a Parrot.

Thank you for inviting me, it’s really thoughtful! Sadly, I’m still living the Acrophobia fangirl stage of my board life, and don’t want to commit to another game full time. 

I’d be happy to help out if you need a sub though, so hit me up whenever you’re short of entries. 

Sorry, busy outside-the-forum life, cannot commit to this game ... I hope you find enough players!

I am happy to help you if you need any advice organising the game. Basically, write down the chains with player names (A wrote - B drew - C wrote) at the beginning of a game in a word file and just add the contributions as they come.

Hollo! I'm wondering now if it would be better to wait a few weeks, when people might have more time? I'm not wedded to doing it next week if doing it later would be easier.

As for nudity and that, that would be something I would want a consensus on. My general sense is: X is out. PG(-13) is in. There's some wiggle room (unfortunate phrase in the circumstances) for R, but I'd probably take it case by case.

Hola! The following people have expressed interest in playing:

Jez (thanks for the spreadsheet!)

rocksniffer

Meera (Friday or later)

Knight (sub)

Cridefea

Counting the sub, that's 5 people. I'm not sure it's quite enough. Let me try tagging a few more gamy types and seeing what happens:

@Castellan @Howlin' Howland @GrapefruitPerrier @Yet another Arya !

I am sure stick figures count as pics, right? LEt me know when to start. Does the sentence need to be GoT or ASoIaF related?

Hello! Stick figures do count, and are quite common, to tell the truth. GOT-ASOIAF themes are optional. When to start: I'm waiting at least until Friday, because Meera said she wouldn't be ready until around then, and also because I need a quorum. We now have 5 + sub. I'd like to see if can get one more victi... player. 6 might be enough, yes?

4 hours ago, Count Balerion said:

Hola! The following people have expressed interest in playing:

Jez (thanks for the spreadsheet!)

rocksniffer

Meera (Friday or later)

Knight (sub)

Cridefea

Counting the sub, that's 5 people. I'm not sure it's quite enough. Let me try tagging a few more gamy types and seeing what happens:

@Castellan @Howlin' Howland @GrapefruitPerrier @Yet another Arya !

I'll ask someone else

Archived