Calling all Picts! : Pictionary 44 : A Nightmare of Spring

Count Balerion

Valar morghulis! Or something like that. I think we have a quorum!

Jez

rocksniffer

Meera (Friday or later)

Knight (sub)

Cridefea

GrapefruitPerrier

Castellan

honeyed chicken

Yet another Arya !

That's 9, counting the sub; so I think we're good. (With my luck, half will run away screaming;-).) I'll officially "launch" on Friday; but if anyone wants to send me a sentence in the meantime, be my guest! (Then I can see how badly I can mess up brilliantly I can glorify the spreadsheet.)

Welcome to all those who haven't played before; and if you have any questions, just ask! Picts are a helpful lot.

Is there any great desire for scoring?

All apologies, but I think I am going to back out. Some on this board have reminded me why I left social media and almost all internet boards and the like. Love you guys in the game forum, but want to be in control when I come here and not be tied down.

Good lcuk!

14 minutes ago, GrapefruitPerrier said:

All apologies, but I think I am going to back out. Some on this board have reminded me why I left social media and almost all internet boards and the like. Love you guys in the game forum, but want to be in control when I come here and not be tied down.

Good lcuk!

Sorry to hear that; but we understand. There is still plenty of time, though, in case you decide to stick around.

A player has helpfully suggested a theme, in case anyone needs a guidepost:

(I'm keeping the player anonymous so no one will know whose sentence they got, when they get it.)

"book jackets, movie posters and playbills, OH MY!"

I can't play until after Easter.  

But I may be able to sub one or two rounds.   I'm also available for any advise.

the big one is have an odd number or rounds.   so 7 players = 7 rounds.   8 players = 7 rounds.  9 players 9 rounds.

you may find the below helpful

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1POjB11jDkRGxzL-_acFnqlGFBVAwlYfJcuo1wKKPBqU/edit?usp=sharing

Games longer than 9 rounds tend to go on too long.  and its helpful to not have everyone in every chain, then you have more people as subs.

Don't count subs as full players.

4 hours ago, Pebble said:

But I may be able to sub one or two rounds.   I'm also available for any advise.

the big one is have an odd number or rounds.   so 7 players = 7 rounds.   8 players = 7 rounds.  9 players 9 rounds.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1POjB11jDkRGxzL-_acFnqlGFBVAwlYfJcuo1wKKPBqU/edit?usp=sharing

Games longer than 9 rounds tend to go on too long.  and its helpful to not have everyone in every chain, then you have more people as subs.

This is why I cant do it, love you guys but not looking for a stresser with alot of rules -and people who must WIN to be HAPPY!

6 minutes ago, GrapefruitPerrier said:

This is why I cant do it, love you guys but not looking for a stresser with alot of rules -and people who must WIN to be HAPPY!

there is no winning.   there is no way to win or lose at this game.  there is no competition.

If there is scoring its only as a fun extra and is done on the time it takes people to send in their round as a way or encouraging faster responses.  Everyone ignores the scores once the sentences are revealed.

and the rules for taking part  are really simple.

1.  try to make description rounds   A singular sentence    (often this is not strictly enforced)

2.  you have 2 days to PM descriptions

3.  You have 3 days to PM drawings.

4.  Try to avoid offensive pictures / descriptions.

the long form of rules are really just there to help people. and explain how this works.

the only stress comes from Modding.  when your chart gets all mixed up and you send out the wrong picture to the wrong person.  the link I posted is what I use when modding to make sure everyone is not in each twice or follows the same person twice.   Its my guide and I've set up several possibles depending on the amount of players.   the mod would then replace the numbers with the players names.   the players don't get to see it.  only the mod.  

5 hours ago, Pebble said:

Thanks!

Yah, the emphasis in the game isn't on winning, even when there is a score; it's on being weird. The fun is seeing what happens to your sentence after its been through a round (not unlike Telephone, if that game still exists). I had one where Ser Alliser berating the NW turned into a Hindu lollipop goddess.

As for scoring, I'm not terribly keen on it anyway,, and we already have at least one vote against. I'll only do it if there's a screaming demand for it.

normally you can start sending your sentences as soon as you sign up to play.  You don't have to wait till there are enough players.

the game won't start until enough players have been found and sent in their sentences.

Some people send in a sentence, then change their sentence a minimum of three times before the game officially starts.

for the record i am against the scoring...cause i don't need a score to score... :leer:

the rest of the pictionary crew knows i am the bad seed but i recommend checking out the past games

On 4/3/2019 at 9:26 AM, GrapefruitPerrier said:

Well that is too bad as my first sentence was going to be about the Hound kicking Deadpool's heinie!

an excellent starting sentence the theme is usually just a guideline for some who might need it to trigger their imaginations... and in fact it would be a great movie poster for deadpool 3... The Hound and the Heinie...Chickens Beware!

On 4/3/2019 at 4:47 PM, GrapefruitPerrier said:

pictionary is the least stress check out .....past pretty pictures or some such for the drawings...my stick figures are famous...i started using them when the ladies decided they would prefer not to see harry potter running down the street with nothing on but his gryffindor socks

...found it this is a thread with most of the games archived...i did not start playing until number 20 or 21 i think...and i was not the first to get down in the gutter...but i do it the best if i must say so myself...

here are some of my personal favs...and by the way not one is safe for work viewing...and one player told me that at least one of my drawings "disturbed my husband!"

Spoiler

rabbits

bears           (this was not strictly my fault since i was told to draw it and i had no idea who Recess and Swinger Kid were so i went with what i know...recess=playground... check out our reveal page

harry

and harry and harry

of all the games i play...this one makes me laugh the hardest...

...even if the overlords try to curb my basest instincts... :lmao:

:smoking:

Oh, great, you found the gallery thread! (Not that I think seeing Rocksniffer's contributions would really ... encourage somebody to want to try this game out. :blink: )

Yeah, another advice for the host: Keep the link to the gallery in the first post with the rules and copy the game results in there at the end of the game.

This helps the new players to get an idea of what the game is about and it really just contributes to a nice collection of funny pictures and sentences for days when you are feeling down.

The link is always in my signature.

have just got back to westeros and on first reading am a bit stuck on what to do with theme. hopefully my brain will get in gear later today. and can we just put in a random sentence about anything instead?

Archived