Calling all Picts! : Pictionary 44 : A Nightmare of Spring

Count Balerion

1 hour ago, honeyed chicken said:

I'd rather host than play, I think. But I've never hosted this game. What do I need to know?

have my cheat sheet.  Use the table for however many players you have

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1POjB11jDkRGxzL-_acFnqlGFBVAwlYfJcuo1wKKPBqU/edit?usp=sharing

Copy that into your own document. / drive

randomly assign player names to numbers.  and replace the numbers with player names in the table.

Make a 2nd copy of the correct table for player numbers underneath.  (edit this one with peoples descriptions / link to drawing)  you make a copy so when you stick something in incorrectly you can see where you have gone wrong.  It will happen.

Have fun and don't panic.   send out prompting e-mails about 24hrs before, and 6-12hrs before (if not heard anything) deadlines.

Don't be affraid to swap people out or ask for replacements.

There's also a spreadsheet. Jez has it. I have a messed-up version of it. Now that I mention it, my version wasn't even Excel; it was Open Office. I couldn't open the Excel spreadsheet for some reason, or anyway had trouble doing so. The Excel is still on my computer, though.

Copy the rules into the first post.

Be ready to PICTARYS if necessary.

When I did the "Reveal", I copied the info from the spreadsheet to a text document, and thence into my post.

On 7/7/2019 at 1:53 PM, Pebble said:

have my cheat sheet.  Use the table for however many players you have

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1POjB11jDkRGxzL-_acFnqlGFBVAwlYfJcuo1wKKPBqU/edit?usp=sharing

Copy that into your own document. / drive

randomly assign player names to numbers.  and replace the numbers with player names in the table.

Make a 2nd copy of the correct table for player numbers underneath.  (edit this one with peoples descriptions / link to drawing)  you make a copy so when you stick something in incorrectly you can see where you have gone wrong.  It will happen.

Have fun and don't panic.   send out prompting e-mails about 24hrs before, and 6-12hrs before (if not heard anything) deadlines.

Don't be affraid to swap people out or ask for replacements.

Thanks! That looks doable!

On 7/7/2019 at 2:11 PM, Count Balerion said:

There's also a spreadsheet. Jez has it. I have a messed-up version of it. Now that I mention it, my version wasn't even Excel; it was Open Office. I couldn't open the Excel spreadsheet for some reason, or anyway had trouble doing so. The Excel is still on my computer, though.

Copy the rules into the first post.

Be ready to PICTARYS if necessary.

When I did the "Reveal", I copied the info from the spreadsheet to a text document, and thence into my post.

Thanks CB, but I can work with what Pebbles sent.

SO! Final nose count? TBB, Buck, CB, who else?

7 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

SO! Final nose count? TBB, Buck, CB, who else?

I suggest you start a new thread and tag a bunch of regular players. We can help you with that.

But finding the players might prove tricky if a lot of people are on holiday.

Generally there should be a minimum of seven players. But it is better to have more to be able to find replacements.

I suppose we could also only play with five, but that would make for very short chains.

On 7/10/2019 at 5:37 AM, Jez Bell said:

Hola!  I'll play

or I can host, but only if we can get wrapped up by the first week of august.

That's not much time?! Jez, can you play sometime after August  - i.e. in September? Meera too will be away so I'm wondering if it isn't best we wait till summer's over?

And yes, I will start a new thread for the game - I was going to ask cuz it seems like a good idea anyway.

On 7/10/2019 at 2:18 AM, Buckwheat said:

I suggest you start a new thread and tag a bunch of regular players. We can help you with that.

But finding the players might prove tricky if a lot of people are on holiday.

Generally there should be a minimum of seven players. But it is better to have more to be able to find replacements.

I suppose we could also only play with five, but that would make for very short chains.

Buck, why don't you go ahead and explain to me how one tags people, because I've not been able to puzzle it out on my own. And you could suggest a bunch of people to tag. We seem to have just four people (you, CB, TBB, and Pebble) who are ready to play right away. It sounds like Meera and Jez would prefer we wait? I think? BUT if there are seven ready to go right now, then fine, I'll do it - and I have a theme picked out for the sentences which I'll announce when it's time to start.

9 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

Buck, why don't you go ahead and explain to me how one tags people, because I've not been able to puzzle it out on my own. And you could suggest a bunch of people to tag. We seem to have just four people (you, CB, TBB, and Pebble) who are ready to play right away. It sounds like Meera and Jez would prefer we wait? I think? BUT if there are seven ready to go right now, then fine, I'll do it - and I have a theme picked out for the sentences which I'll announce when it's time to start.

Type an @ and then start typing the name of the poster you want (without a space between the @-sign and the name). A drop-down menu with names appears and you click on the one you want. It the board starts being weird, refresh the page.

I think I already tagged some people up there, scroll up.

But it really looks like people are busy. Bummer.

10 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

That's not much time?! Jez, can you play sometime after August  - i.e. in September? Meera too will be away so I'm wondering if it isn't best we wait till summer's over?

And yes, I will start a new thread for the game - I was going to ask cuz it seems like a good idea anyway.

I can play, even through my holiday.  You may get some drawings on the back of cocktail napkins, but I can make time.  

3 hours ago, Jez Bell said:

I can play, even through my holiday.  You may get some drawings on the back of cocktail napkins, but I can make time.  

Jez, if you really can play then we're at 5, I think, and it is worth giving it a shot. I'll start a new thread this morning and tag anyone you guys suggest, maybe we can snag a couple more. If we don't get to 7, then I'll wait till September.

Archived