Dragonflyers

DMC

I was not sure where to put this, especially since Voldemort has..done things in regard to my question.  I'm putting it here because I think it's the best place to be seen by people I respect and are inclined to respond.

That was a long preamble..Just thinking about how many people a dragon can hold?  I mean, there's obviously a limit at some point, right?  And while Fire & Blood gives us examples of multiple people on a dragon, how does that work exactly?  Wondering what people think about this.

Dreamfyre apparently carried Rhaena and more than one of her favorites. Dragons the size of Balerion and Vhagar - and Dreamfyre and Vermithor and Silverwing later in life, too - should have been able to carry at least half a dozen of people, probably more.

No idea if that ever happened, though.

However, one assumes that dragons carried members of the royal family and the court occasionally, for instance when they all flew to Driftmark for Laenor Velaryon's funeral, say, or when King Aenys retreated to Dragonstone in 41 AC (there Quicksilver could have carried Aenys, Alyssa, and Viserys, whereas Jaehaerys and Alysanne were carried by their dragons, assuming they were in the capital at the time).

Archived