Opinion: Coolest Sounding Name

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Visenya. And she is about the only interesting Targaryen as well. The others are all (with rare exception) murder, incest, usurp-> wash, rinse, repeat.

Visenya did kill her twice nephew who is also the half brother and twice cousin of her son though.

1 hour ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Visenya did kill her twice nephew who is also the half brother and twice cousin of her son though.

True, but the rest were copycats  and did not have the style and Magic’s as Visenya did :lol: . Plus, there is quite a bit of Cyrain of Ash and Lilith (The Glass Flower) in her as there is in Dany: 

Whatever strange instruments it had, whatever secret alien knowledge it possessed, whatever instinct bid it enter; all lost now, and none of it matters. The White knew, knew something the native sentients had never guessed, knew the purpose of the Artifact, knew how it might be activated. For the first time in—a thousand years? A million? For the first time in a long while, the game of mind was played. And The White changed, emerged from the Artifact as something else, as the first. The first mindlord. The first master of life and death. The first painlord. The first lifelord. The titles are born, worn, discarded, forgotten, and none of them matter. Whatever I am, The White was the first.

Best name in ASOIAF for me is Brandon Ice Eyes.

As you can tell, its my username and frankly, we know next to nothing about him as a person or a king other than that he was the grandson of Edric Snowbeard and that he crossed the white knife during a cruel winter and re-took the wolf's den from the slavers and gave the slavers to the slaves, before they hung the slavers body parts upon a weirwood tree. Yet, despite our lack of knowledge on him, ever since i heard his name, i've loved him and to be fair, he sounds like a really interesting king. A real old fashioned and ruthless king of winter.

But Don't tell me that: Brandon Ice Eyes, The King of Winter is not the best sounding name in ASOIAF.

Archived