jaime will become lord of casterly rock ( king if the theory that seven kingdoms will separate into kingdoms again is true) with tyrion as his right hand man

silverwolf22

Tyrion being Tywin’s true son  in inheriting his mindset is exactly the problem in both positive and negative ways. On the positive side, Tyrion, like Tywin, is much better suited to being Hand of the King than king. His skill set is in being the guy who makes things happen behind the scenes. Jaime is better suited to wearing the crown.

On the negative side, Tyrion picked up way too much of Tywin’s war-criminal disposition. This is the guy thought it was okay to disguise a prison break as a peace envoy. That’s just a smaller scale version of the same kind of morality that arranged the Red Wedding. Not what Westeros needs in a ruler.

That Tyrion is so set on being Lord of Casterly Rock is a good sign that he won’t get it. Besides, his being Hand to the ruler of the biggest, wealthiest and most populous chunk of Westeros is a much more impressive position than what he intended to inherit from Tywin.

and before you bring up his kingsguard vows in the show version, Jaime has been formally dismissed from the Kingsguard. There was no need for the show to have him relieved of his white cloak at that stage in the narrative, and so far they haven’t had him do anything with his position as Lord of Casterly Rock. Which suggests he will do something in that capacity in the near future. It also supports the theory of him getting out from under his vows in the books.  which I think will happen

before people bring up how that would be  tywin getting what he wanted Tyrion is the one who would rule most like Tywin did, regardless of what he thought he wanted. If Jaime is the ruler and he prioritizes the welfare of the smallfolk, that’s hardly giving Tywin what he wanted.

and given my belief in the tyrells downfall and jaime wanting to be dubbed the goldenhand Garth VII Gardener a king of the reach had that nickname which makes me suspect that the lannisters lands will include the reach 

https://makerkenzie.tumblr.com/post/167789143930/grassroots-justice

Jaime pulled back his golden fingers and turned once more to Lady Mariya. “How far did Black Walder track this hooded woman and her men?”

“His hounds picked up their scent again north of Hag’s Mire,” the older woman told him. “He swears that he was no more than half a day behind them when they vanished into the Neck.”

“Let them rot there,” declared Ser Kennos cheerfully. “If the gods are good, they’ll be swallowed up in quicksand or gobbled down by lizard-lions.”

“Or taken in by frogeaters,” said Ser Danwell Frey. “I would not put it past the crannogmen to shelter outlaws.”

“Would that it were only them,” said Lady Mariya. “Some of the river lords are hand in glove with Lord Beric’s men as well.”

“The smallfolk too,” sniffed her daughter. “Ser Harwyn says they hide them and feed them, and when he asks where they’ve gone, they lie. They lie to their own lords!”

“Have their tongues out,” urged Strongboar.

“Good luck getting answers then,” said Jaime. “If you want their help, you need to make them love you. That was how Arthur Dayne did it, when we rode against the Kingswood Brotherhood. He paid the smallfolk for the food we ate, brought their grievances to King Aerys, expanded the grazing lands around their villages, even won them the right to fell a certain number of trees each year and take a few of the king’s deer during the autumn. The forest folk had looked to Toyne to defend them, but Ser Arthur did more for them than the Brotherhood could ever hope to do, and won them to our side. After that, the rest was easy.”

Martin, George R.R.. A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 4) (p. 510). Random House Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

For a little digression, I want to ask: can anyone imagine Tywin Lannister taking this approach to law enforcement? Lord Tywin, the one who arranged the gang-rape of a young girl because she had the cheek to give her love to his son? Jaime had to learn that from Ser Arthur, and only when his father was far, far away, because Lord Tywin would’ve washed his mouth out with soap. 

jaime ran away from his responsibilities as heir to casterly rock ( which is what brienne did . I think that by the end jaime will take his responsibilities seriously and be lord of casterly rock after all he once thought about who he was if he wasnt a swordsman and he thought about being a father, leader etc 

so I think his development will end with him being a lord /king and will help heal the real with the restitution for the prior actions and help the smallfolk which is stuff tywin wouldnt have done. and it fits that jaime tywins chosen heir going to a different direction from his father and showing that he isnt tywin while still being a good leader ( this idea that because tywin wanted jaime to be his heir and not tyrion means that jaime shouldnt be lord of casterly rock is  not something I agree with)

jaime being tywins chosen heir will make what he goes on to do more ironic and kick in his pants.

(of course there is a theory that tyrion dies (  I disagree with this and the idea that jaime should take the black or die )

https://makerkenzie.tumblr.com/post/165811462870/post-hoc-ergo-prompter-hoc

I’d just like the note that pretty much all the ways shit went pear-shaped for the Lannisters post-Red Wedding were the unsurprising consequences of stuff that was in process long before the Red Wedding. 

Jaime was maimed? Before the Red Wedding. Maggy’s Prophecy? Decades before the Red Wedding. Joffrey’s murder? I can’t say when exactly Olenna started conspiring with Littlefucker, but I can say Littlefucker was actively screwing with the Lannisters and Starks well before even Robb Stark was promised to a Frey girl. If the Lannisters didn’t exist, Littlefucker would’ve had to invent them. I can say Olenna and Margaery were asking Sansa for the real talk on Joffrey well before she lost her mother. Oberyn Martell was bent on revenge against the Lannisters for years before he attended the Purple Wedding. 

That Cersei was dysfunctional enough to accuse Tyrion of murder, and Tywin was twisted enough to agree with her, was not a new and surprising development. That Tyrion was pissed enough to make a spectacle of his trial, was, again, not a surprise. His murdering his father was, again, not exactly surprising as a response to a lifetime of abuse culminating in murder charges. That Cersei is incompetent enough to drive the realm into the ground, and that her machinations backfired on her? Not a big surprise to anyone who’s spent time with her. Tyrion joining the Second Sons and planning to buddy up with Dany? Again: not really surprising, given how Tywin’s maltreatment of Tyrion tied into his obsession with the legacy of House Lannister. Jaime disappeared in the Riverlands…because he willingly went AWOL with Brienne. Uncle Kevan was murdered by Varys…because he was interfering with Varys’s plans to destabilize the realm, which had been in process ever since the rebellion. All of this is a totally straight-forward process of cause and effect. None of it reads like the realization of a curse for breaking one of the biggest taboos. 

If I wanted to say the Lannisters were cursed by the gods, I’d say the curse was applied decades ago (let’s say, soon after Ser Tywin massacred the Reynes and Tarbecks), and it’s taken this long to show results. That being the case, the curse has demanded the deaths of thousands of innocent people in the course of punishing the Lannisters for their offenses. So, no, I do not like this idea of the Lannisters being gods-cursed for violating guest right in the Red Wedding. Too much collateral damage spread out over too many years and too large a land area. I do not like it at all.

Anyway, if the future of the house depends on family members distancing themselves from Lord Tywin’s atrocities, how about this: Tywin’s chosen heir 

1) provisions a warrior-lady for a quest to protect a Stark girl, who he thinks murdered his son, from his own sister Queen Cersei; 

2) defies Lord Tywin and Queen Cersei by freeing their scapegoat from his death-row cell; 

3) only accepts the assignment of cleaning up the Mountain’s mess in the Riverlands because his Kingsguard vows mean he doesn’t get a say in the matter,

4) handles the Riverrun assignment in a way that prioritizes the survival of his family’s opponents, and finally,

5) goes AWOL from the throne’s army to help his warrior-lady come to the aid of the Stark girl?

Would that be sufficient to get House Lannister out from under the gods’ wrath?

https://makerkenzie.tumblr.com/post/183907477520/jaime-lannister-first-of-his-name

reason why I’m predicting a big leadership role for Jaime at the end is that the lordship of the Rock is what he was supposed to do in the first place. His big mistake was joining the Kingsguard and thus abdicating his responsibilities as the first son of a Lord Paramount. It was a big job and the Westerlands needed him to step up. Instead he stepped out.

His redemption is about correcting that mistake

https://makerkenzie.tumblr.com/post/183997363820/jaime-lannister-first-of-his-name-following-ser

Here’s another thought on why Jaime’s endgame is to be Lord Paramount or King of the Rock: in AFFC we see several instances of him acting like he gives a shit about the smallfolk. This is significant in two dimensions: one, caring about the lower class is a fine quality in a leader and Westeros needs more leaders like that, and two, we need to wonder where this characterization is going. Perhaps it’s going into…Jaime being a leader who does right by the least powerful of his subjects? Perhaps.

https://makerkenzie.tumblr.com/post/183999466675/jaime-lannister-first-of-his-name-lord-tywin-was

Going off the previous note of Jaime as a provincial king in the endgame: Tywin was absolutely right to be pissed off when Jaime was invested to the Kingsguard. Not everything Tywin thinks is wrong just because it’s Tywin. He was a monster but even monsters make good points occasionally. 

But then? It would be the most delicious irony if his golden son turned out to be a much better leader than Lord Tywin the Terrorist ever was, precisely because he’s a leader who prioritizes the needs of his smallfolk.

No, Jaime's arc is from selfish to servant. He will be the defining Hand of the king of the series, the ultimate servant of the realm. It is the Hand's lot to do the nasty shit that needs doing, to bear that burden alone so that everyone else can stay clean. Things like sacrificing ones honour to slay a king to save a million people. Or threatening to send a lord his child in a trebuchet to end a siege without bloodshed. The Hand of the king sacrifices their honour so that everything stays working and everyone can keep going about their lives happy and oblivious. And that's Jaime, it is Jaime because it has to be Jaime, because there will be no-one else.

Tyrion wants to be loved too much, he is like Robert. And like Robert Tyrion will be king, a failed one.

Archived