Daenerys is the Prince that was promised?

Kajjo

On 4/10/2019 at 11:21 AM, btfu806 said:

In the books, I think TPTWP/AA/whatever else is all a giant red herring.

In the show, I think it's Jon. I think they did the gender neutral stuff and pushed Dany because of the backlash after the Sansa wedding night scene (after that, the show became very heavy in girl power, not judging it, just stating as I see it). So I think that was their attempt to give a fan favorite, who happens to be female, the chance of being the "chosen one".

I try to image how Dany being the princess who was promised would play out after everything she has done and it doesn't' feel completely natural to me. But who knows, maybe D&D will find a way to make it work... Because to be fair, Jon being the prince who was promised feels way too cliche for GRRM, hence why I think it's a red herring.

I think the show / books have always been very "girl power". Arya, Sansa, Cercei, Lady Olena, Catelyn, Brienne, Dany, Yara are all women with some sort of power or influence and are generally written as being smarter than their male counterparts. I think that is part of what makes the material to more than just male fantasy readers and viewers. 

9 hours ago, dbunting said:

I think the show / books have always been very "girl power". Arya, Sansa, Cercei, Lady Olena, Catelyn, Brienne, Dany, Yara are all women with some sort of power or influence and are generally written as being smarter than their male counterparts. I think that is part of what makes the material to more than just male fantasy readers and viewers. 

I agree. Strong women have been in ASOIAF from the very beginning. Arya, Catelyn, Olenna, Cersei... then Daenerys of course.

Archived