2 truths and a lie

3?

OK, here's mine. I'll reveal the truth ... presently.

1. I have a plastic cockroach ring, which I actually wear.

2. My stupid computer is too slow. No, that one's obvious. I once got "coal" (it was actually gum) in my stocking.

3. I'm technically a "laird".

22 hours ago, Count Balerion said:

3?

OK, here's mine. I'll reveal the truth ... presently.

1. I have a plastic cockroach ring, which I actually wear.

2. My stupid computer is too slow. No, that one's obvious. I once got "coal" (it was actually gum) in my stocking.

3. I'm technically a "laird".

Geez! I can actually see all of these being true, but I'll go with two as the lie as it seems the smallest stretch of imagination (I'm going opposite, I guess you could say).

Here's my second three - reveal on Sunday.

1. I've had some ODD odd jobs in my life. I once spent 5 days working with 6 or 8 other temps sticking the 31st day of May on 30k bank calendars.

2. I was once asked (implored, really) by an Italian female colleague to hacksaw a gold ring off her finger.

3. Some years later, I was again asked to hacksaw a stuck ring off a tall. blonde woman's finger.

So, I know firefox "sees" what we type and places ads accordingly. Over to the left on my screen is an ad for a Balerion 22mm silicone watch band ($7.99), Laird Superfood Coffee Creamer Unsweetened ($24.99), Laird Superfood Coffee Creamer Turmeric ($22.03), and Laird Superfood Coconut Water Powder ($14.95). Ain't the internet a hoot?!  

1?

For mine, the answer is 1. It's only half a lie. I do have the ring, but never wear it.

I'm technically laird of Chaol Ghleann, which entitles me to one square foot in Dunans Castle. Got it for Xmas. It sounds vastly more impressive than it is. I do have aristocratic blood, but: 1. there's a decent chance most people do; 2. they were probably mostly thugs; and 3. I can't really take much credit for being born.

On 4/4/2019 at 8:21 AM, honeyed chicken said:

Taking my own advice here, reveal will be Saturday morning, Apr. 6.

1. i accidentally nailed two fingers together while hitting rocks.

2. dislocated my ring finger playing ice hockey.

3. slipped on a wet rock while trout fishing, and sunk the hook into the joint of my ring finger so deep a doc had to cut it out with the worm still wriggling on the hook.

i can't figure out what #1 actually means...2 fingers nailed together when the nails hit rocks? so it is my choice of lie...

On 4/5/2019 at 12:12 PM, honeyed chicken said:

Geez! I can actually see all of these being true, but I'll go with two as the lie as it seems the smallest stretch of imagination (I'm going opposite, I guess you could say).

1. I've had some ODD odd jobs in my life. I once spent 5 days working with 6 or 8 other temps sticking the 31st day of May on 30k bank calendars.

2. I was once asked (implored, really) by an Italian female colleague to hacksaw a gold ring off her finger.

3. Some years later, I was again asked to hacksaw a stuck ring off a tall. blonde woman's finger.

So, I know firefox "sees" what we type and places ads accordingly. Over to the left on my screen is an ad for a Balerion 22mm silicone watch band ($7.99), Laird Superfood Coffee Creamer Unsweetened ($24.99), Laird Superfood Coffee Creamer Turmeric ($22.03), and Laird Superfood Coconut Water Powder ($14.95). Ain't the internet a hoot?!  

because 2 and 3 are so similar i am going with #2 as the lie...i am enjoying imagining you and a half dozen other dudes fixing 30k calendars...i mean what kind of sticker...just the date...too funny

and i am getting the same ads...

my next 3...

1...i enjoy noodling for catfish

2...i once wrestled a 6.5 ft alligator gar into my boat before shooting it in the head

3...while surf fishing of the sc coast i caught 14 sharks in one day

On 4/4/2019 at 8:21 AM, honeyed chicken said:

Taking my own advice here, reveal will be Saturday morning, Apr. 6.

1. i accidentally nailed two fingers together while hitting rocks.

2. dislocated my ring finger playing ice hockey.

3. slipped on a wet rock while trout fishing, and sunk the hook into the joint of my ring finger so deep a doc had to cut it out with the worm still wriggling on the hook.

Ooops, a day late.

1. I was a dumb kid, hitting rocks with a stick that had a bent over nail in it. The stick slipped and the nail went through my pinky, ring finger and a into the middle finger - nailing them together.

2 is the lie.

3. All true, but I left out the part about it being a two mile walk back to my house, and then a ten mile drive to the hospital, because that would have been  laying it on too thick.

On 4/5/2019 at 12:12 PM, honeyed chicken said:

All three of these are true, but I changed the woman in #2 from a tall, blonde Norwegian to Italian to make it a lie - so Sniffer is correct.

1 hour ago, rocksniffer said:

my next 3...

1...i enjoy noodling for catfish

2...i once wrestled a 6.5 ft alligator gar into my boat before shooting it in the head

3...while surf fishing of the sc coast i caught 14 sharks in one day

1. I look forward to reading what "noodling a catfish" consists of.

2. I'm guessing this is the lie - you caught the gar but didn't shoot it.

3. 14 sounds like a lot, but I'll bet it happened.

• 1 month later...

as it look like Its been a while and RS is MIA   I'll put my three up

1.  I was caught naked in the woods taking Photos by my future Bosses boss and his young child.

2.  I have given CPR in the street outside my (now old) house while naked and the front door closed behind me.

3.  I have chased a bugler out of my house and down the street while naked and the front door closed behind me.

On 5/25/2019 at 4:13 PM, Pebble said:

as it look like Its been a while and RS is MIA   I'll put my three up

1.  I was caught naked in the woods taking Photos by my future Bosses boss and his young child.

2.  I have given CPR in the street outside my (now old) house while naked and the front door closed behind me.

3.  I have chased a bugler out of my house and down the street while naked and the front door closed behind me.

(must resist - sorry! Can't!) I can barely chose between these - all strain credulity to the breaking point. I'll go with #3 being the lie and assume you meant "burglar", not some person with a trumpet in hand. :)

2 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

(must resist - sorry! Can't!) I can barely chose between these - all strain credulity to the breaking point. I'll go with #3 being the lie and assume you meant "burglar", not some person with a trumpet in hand. :)

Yeah I meant Burglar.    This happened  and there was I think Fox poop (might have been dog) also involved.  I lived in a high crime area and had a habit of reacting before waking up enough to be aware,  I now sleep in PJ's.  there is or was a thread about it somewhere on this board.

Even the lie is based on the truth (which was mentioned on this board - those that know me a long time here know the truth) 

I'll let you guess again.

I'm going to say you have not been to Toronto

22 hours ago, Pebble said:

Yeah I meant Burglar.    This happened  and there was I think Fox poop (might have been dog) also involved.  I lived in a high crime area and had a habit of reacting before waking up enough to be aware,  I now sleep in PJ's.  there is or was a thread about it somewhere on this board.

Even the lie is based on the truth (which was mentioned on this board - those that know me a long time here know the truth) 

I'll let you guess again.

I'm going to say you have not been to Toronto

You are right! I might have last year as I was in Niagara, NY but forgot my passport despite having been reminded right before I left home AND I had it on my to bring list.

For your two remaining possibilities: #1 seems more fudgeable, so I'll go (counterintuitively) with #2. Maybe you did get cpr on your step but the door wasn't closed or you weren't naked?

1 minute ago, honeyed chicken said:

You are right! I might have last year as I was in Niagara, NY but forgot my passport despite having been reminded right before I left home AND I had it on my to bring list.

For your two remaining possibilities: #1 seems more fudgeable, so I'll go (counterintuitively) with #2. Maybe you did get cpr on your step but the door wasn't closed or you weren't naked?

2 is the lie.  I didn't give him CPR.  a 19 year old neighbour had a fit, crashed into the lamppost outside my house which woke me up (I was working night shift so this was about 10am) then rolled? zoomed?  I'm not sure how it happened down the street demolished and landed ON the wall of a neighbours property.  I reacted before fully waking up.  by the time I was aware of what I was doing I had already run down the street, climbed through the rubble and was in the car and giving assistance.  It was too late for my dignity.  When the kid recovered enough to become aware of the situation he said "do you know your naked?"  Its time like that you have to own your shit, can't hide it.  Oh and my house alarm was going off, door closed shut, the alarm had phoned / Hubby - who was now panicking wondering why I handn't reset it and could not contact me.  so he contacted his Mum to go round and reset the alarm see if anything was wrong.

By the time his MiL had arrived another neighbour had lent me a bathrobe.   Police, Ambulance, FireBrigade and a recovery truck were all in attendance.  My MiL dose not know the bathrobe was not mine.

47 minutes ago, Pebble said:

2 is the lie.  I didn't give him CPR.  a 19 year old neighbour had a fit, crashed into the lamppost outside my house which woke me up (I was working night shift so this was about 10am) then rolled? zoomed?  I'm not sure how it happened down the street demolished and landed ON the wall of a neighbours property.  I reacted before fully waking up.  by the time I was aware of what I was doing I had already run down the street, climbed through the rubble and was in the car and giving assistance.  It was too late for my dignity.  When the kid recovered enough to become aware of the situation he said "do you know your naked?"  Its time like that you have to own your shit, can't hide it.  Oh and my house alarm was going off, door closed shut, the alarm had phoned / Hubby - who was now panicking wondering why I handn't reset it and could not contact me.  so he contacted his Mum to go round and reset the alarm see if anything was wrong.

By the time his MiL had arrived another neighbour had lent me a bathrobe.   Police, Ambulance, FireBrigade and a recovery truck were all in attendance.  My MiL dose not know the bathrobe was not mine.

Wow! You have an active neighborhood! Those seizures (as call them in the states - assuming we're talking about the same thing) are quite unsettling to observe - and for one to occur while the young man was behind the wheel?! Guessing he was not allowed to drive after that?

And your #1 which is true? That sounds like a bizarre incident, but maybe it's more innocent than it seems?

My 1.  was caused by NHAW.     Naked Hatted Avatar Week. 

this was when the whole board would change their avatars to Pictures of themselves with "Hats"  no naughty bits shown.   I got inspired by @beniowa who had taken some pics with some Redwoods.   At the time I was not sure he knew I was naked, I managed to dive in the bushes.  when we met a few years later at work he er remembered me.

Innocent then. :)

OK, time for three more - boring ones, compared to the everybody elses.

Foods. Most people have a long list of things they can't stand. I do not. But I do have things I'm perhaps less fond of:

1. Brussel sprouts

2. Cilantro

3. squash (summer squash - the yellow one, and zucchini are ok)

Archived