Jump to content
Guest

2 truths and a lie

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

Nope.

Brussel sprouts - love 'em. I will eat squash, but have never liked it.

thats exactly what you asked.  which of the 3 foods do I not like that much but can eat.   - or at least how I read the question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Pebble said:

thats exactly what you asked.  which of the 3 foods do I not like that much but can eat.   - or at least how I read the question.

Sorry, if it was poorly worded. There were two foods that I don't like (those were the truths) and one imposter. I don't like cilantro or squash, but do like the sprouts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. I just got FIRE AND BLOOD ... in Spanish.

2. I speak Dothraki and even have a KHAL T-shirt.

3. Someone scratched "Asha" on the sidewalk near where I live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2019 at 5:04 PM, Count Balerion said:

1. I just got FIRE AND BLOOD ... in Spanish.

2. I speak Dothraki and even have a KHAL T-shirt.

3. Someone scratched "Asha" on the sidewalk near where I live.

I’m guessing you didn’t just get Fire and Blood in Spanish. Because you already own it or you only speak English and German? Haha 

Here goes my 3:

1. Joe Biden once made me late for a movie.

2. I self-published a book of poetry called “Memoirs of a Futuristic Space Jesus.”

3. I tell people my favorite movie is “There Will Be Blood” but it’s really “Pineapple Express.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Joey Crows said:

I’m guessing you didn’t just get Fire and Blood in Spanish. Because you already own it or you only speak English and German? Haha 

Here goes my 3:

1. Joe Biden once made me late for a movie.

2. I self-published a book of poetry called “Memoirs of a Futuristic Space Jesus.”

3. I tell people my favorite movie is “There Will Be Blood” but it’s really “Pineapple Express.”

Trick question! I have a khal T-shirt, but don't speak Dothraki. I got FAB in Spanish b/c it was cheaper, and also out of curiosity.

I'd randomly guess 3 for yours, but should probably give others a chance to guess.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll play! 

Here are my 3

1. I can solve a Rubik's cube in 2 minutes

2. I have had to call 911 8 different times

3. My step-son is only 10 years younger than me

I'm gonna guess #3 is HC lie also. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I'll play! 

Here are my 3

1. I can solve a Rubik's cube in 2 minutes

2. I have had to call 911 8 different times

3. My step-son is only 10 years younger than me

I'm gonna guess #3 is HC lie also. 

You're both right! I definitely tell people that There Will Be Blood is my favorite movie, and it actually is. Haha. 

For you I'm gonna say number 1 is the lie. If only because I like to think every time you've tried to solve the Rubik's Cube something went terribly wrong and that's why you've called 911 so many times...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Joey Crows said:

You're both right! I definitely tell people that There Will Be Blood is my favorite movie, and it actually is. Haha. 

For you I'm gonna say number 1 is the lie. If only because I like to think every time you've tried to solve the Rubik's Cube something went terribly wrong and that's why you've called 911 so many times...

Haha! Nope that's not the lie. 

 

Sorry Joey! I thought that was Honeyed Chicken's post! That's why I said 'HC's'

Edited by Lyanna<3Rhaegar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2019 at 8:58 PM, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Haha! Nope that's not the lie. 

 

Sorry Joey! I thought that was Honeyed Chicken's post! That's why I said 'HC's'

My choice is between the 911 calls and the step son? Hmmm, I'm going to go with the step son. The 911 calls seems more outrageous and in this game the more outrageous statement is usually true. :)

I'm going to try to come up with 3 myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, my three have a theme: the board game called Diplomacy.

Brief explanation: Diplomacy takes 7 people and generally at least 6 hours to play though 10 is by no means extraordinary. Because of this (pre email days) playing by mail over the course of a year or two turned out to be the most practical way for most of us who loved the game to play it back in the 80's. The game reports were issued in an amateur publication called a dipzine - short for Diplomacy magazine.

1) For 3 plus years I published a dipzine called Naked, Stoned and Stabbed (a tribute to my favorite band, the Who).

2) Over the course of a decade I completed maybe 30 games and only won two.

3) I met my best friend through the hobby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

OK, my three have a theme: the board game called Diplomacy.

Brief explanation: Diplomacy takes 7 people and generally at least 6 hours to play though 10 is by no means extraordinary. Because of this (pre email days) playing by mail over the course of a year or two turned out to be the most practical way for most of us who loved the game to play it back in the 80's. The game reports were issued in an amateur publication called a dipzine - short for Diplomacy magazine.

1) For 3 plus years I published a dipzine called Naked, Stoned and Stabbed (a tribute to my favorite band, the Who).

2) Over the course of a decade I completed maybe 30 games and only won two.

3) I met my best friend through the hobby.

You got it! I am actually 12 years older than my step-son. My husband is only 4 years older than me but had him at 16. 

 

This is a hard one! I'm gonna go with # 2 being the lie, for no particular reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

You got it! I am actually 12 years older than my step-son. My husband is only 4 years older than me but had him at 16. 

 

This is a hard one! I'm gonna go with # 2 being the lie, for no particular reason. 

Sorry, that one was unreasonably hard. The lie was #1. I did pub a dipzine for 3 years but it was called Not New York - and even then, "Naked, Stoned and Stabbed"  was a name I considered - so not a very big lie even then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, honeyed chicken said:

Sorry, that one was unreasonably hard. The lie was #1. I did pub a dipzine for 3 years but it was called Not New York - and even then, "Naked, Stoned and Stabbed"  was a name I considered - so not a very big lie even then.

Haha!! I like Naked, Stoned & Stabbed. The game sounds like a blast btw, do you still play? 

I'll have to think for a few for my 3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Haha!! I like Naked, Stoned & Stabbed. The game sounds like a blast btw, do you still play? 

I'll have to think for a few for my 3. 

I'll look for your 3.

No, I stopped playing Diplomacy in the 90's. There are so many great new games coming out every year - many of them from Germany and throughout Europe - that very few of us stick to the same games for long. Great games, like Ticket To Ride and Settlers of Catan, stay relevant and keep being stocked by the game stores by producing spin offs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, honeyed chicken said:

I'll look for your 3.

No, I stopped playing Diplomacy in the 90's. There are so many great new games coming out every year - many of them from Germany and throughout Europe - that very few of us stick to the same games for long. Great games, like Ticket To Ride and Settlers of Catan, stay relevant and keep being stocked by the game stores by producing spin offs.

I'll have to check them out! I'm always looking for a good game. Lately my family & I have been playing mafia. Have you ever played? It's a lot of fun! 

 

Ok my 3: 

1. I was once bitten by a shark. Luckily it wasn't too bad & I only needed some stitches to heal up.

2. I'm the eldest of 4 children. 2 sisters & a brother.

3. There are 7 people on my mom's side of my family with the middle name 'Renee' 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I'll have to check them out! I'm always looking for a good game. Lately my family & I have been playing mafia. Have you ever played? It's a lot of fun! 

 

Ok my 3: 

1. I was once bitten by a shark. Luckily it wasn't too bad & I only needed some stitches to heal up.

2. I'm the eldest of 4 children. 2 sisters & a brother.

3. There are 7 people on my mom's side of my family with the middle name 'Renee' 

I've never played Mafia, but someone in the games forum was trying to start up a game a few months ago. It's been pretty popular here in the past.

Oh my lord! Now I don't feel so bad about my last 3.

I'm going to have to go with #1 only because actual shark attacks are only slightly more common than moon walks. But I'm keeping in mind either of the other two could be easily fudged. You might actually have 2 sisters and 3 brothers, or the people in your mother's family might have the first name of Renee. I can however,easily see you as the oldest (and that'll be the thing I'm wrong about ;) ).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, honeyed chicken said:

I've never played Mafia, but someone in the games forum was trying to start up a game a few months ago. It's been pretty popular here in the past.

Oh my lord! Now I don't feel so bad about my last 3.

I'm going to have to go with #1 only because actual shark attacks are only slightly more common than moon walks. But I'm keeping in mind either of the other two could be easily fudged. You might actually have 2 sisters and 3 brothers, or the people in your mother's family might have the first name of Renee. I can however,easily see you as the oldest (and that'll be the thing I'm wrong about ;) ).

Haha! Good job! I've never been bit by a shark. The other 2 are true. I was trying to make my lie a little more outrageous than the other 2 but apparently that wasn't a good strategy!  Lol! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dog seems most reasonable, so I will guess that's the lie. I hope the bluefish isn't a lie, because it sounds weird. Sorry if it was painful and traumatic, though. (Actually, squirrel might be fairly reasonable, too.)

Also, if the dog bit is true, I hope it wasn't rabid and brutal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/21/2019 at 7:24 PM, honeyed chicken said:

 

 

I can't get rid of the quote. My phone is being funky. 

That's a tough one! I'm gonna say the bluefish is the lie. Although it's probably the dog. I just can't decide 

Edited by Lyanna<3Rhaegar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×