Poll: Has Brienne Become a Wight?

Platypus Rex

We've reached the 3rd page, so

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 8:24 PM, NonoNono said:

ILike Davos might also have died, without knowing he was resurrected. There's no reason why she would even be aware she did die.

She might not.  But GRRM, in SSMs, has suggested that fire wights might not really be the same character any more, and that it is no accident that Cat no longer has a POV.  This suggests that, if Brienne became a zombie, it was after she was hanged, and not after she fell unconscious under Biter.

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 3:04 PM, Prince of the North said:

No.  I believe Brienne made the choice-that-was-not-really-a-choice and said "sword" to save their lives, so she was not killed.

Brienne certainly screamed "sword" to save Pod.  But that by itself does not guaranty that Lem would cut her down.  Ser Hyle screamed plenty of things to save himself, and Lem ignored all of that too.

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 10:33 AM, Ygrain said:

No. It would serve zero purpose in the story, because a living Brienne would be bound by her word to go and kill Jaime, anyway. 

But would she be able to give him the kiss of fire after killing him?

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 2:45 PM, Lollygag said:

GRRM said he has big plans for Stoneheart and Beric was a freak one-off. 

Sure.  But nothing about Brienne becoming a zombie requires that other zombies stop walking.

The way I saw her and Jaime's ending was that Brienne would have to execute Jaime with Oathkeeper to support Sansa as queen (since I believe Sansa marries Aegon, and that Jaime will have to be executed as a result of Aegon's entourage building up his "story" for mass consumption). But I do not imagine that she would behave like some brain-dead zombie, it might be a very slow process. And in a way it would be less tragic, unless GRRM writes Brienne's POV all the way to somehow make us understand the tragedy of it.

Archived