Episode titles

On 4/4/2019 at 2:59 AM, TheValonqarThatWasAzorAhai said:

I think the very last episode will be called “A Dream of Spring”.

That'd make sense for S8E6, yes. I would like that. Since "The Winds of Winter" was an actual name of an episode, it is even likely that we see that title somewhere.

The first episode S8E1 could simply be named "Winterfell", because that's where all are gathering. S1E1 was "Winter is coming", so that name is not available anymore.

On 4/5/2019 at 4:56 PM, 21st Century Moose said:

"A Time for Wolves" would, I guess, be one too.

There's also a pattern of "The X and the Y" used in most seasons, and perhaps something like "The Lion and the Dragon" might be good for season 8.

Negative.

"The Lion and the Kraken" is much more likely.

"A Time for Wolves," "A Dream of Spring," "A Feast for Crows" and "A Song of Ice and Fire" are all really good titles to have too.

13 hours ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Negative.

"The Lion and the Kraken" is much more likely. 

Possible but I still favour "The Lion and the Dragon". Put it this way: Starks, Lannisters and Targaryens are the three major protagonist houses in the show, and "The Lion and the Dragon" is the only combination of two of those that hasn't yet been used. It ties in with a Dany/Cersei showdown, but could also at a stretch refer to Jon, Tyrion or Jaime. 

I can see "The Lion and the Kraken" working if we extrapolate in a straight line from where s7 left off, but my money's on "The Lion and the Dragon" for s8e5 followed by "A Dream of Spring" for s8e6. 

The titles will be:

1. It

2. Was

3. All

4. Ned's 

5. Fever

6. Dream

But I do think the last episode will be titled, a Dream of Spring. They ended season... 5? 6? with The Winds of Winter. So it makes sense.

On 4/5/2019 at 2:27 PM, Kajjo said:

The first episode S8E1 could simply be named "Winterfell", because that's where all are gathering. S1E1 was "Winter is coming", so that name is not available anymore.

Correct prediction: WINTERFELL

e2 - don't know, or possibly "The Lion and the Dragon" referring to Jaime and Dany.

e3 - "The War for the Dawn" - all rumours indicate that this is going to be the big one.

e4 - don't know, or possibly "A Time for Wolves".

e5 - possibly "The Lion and the Dragon" referring to Cersei and Dany.  Shit gets real in KL.

e6 - "A Dream of Spring".  There will probably be torches and pitchforks if this doesn't happen.

A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms was a good title. So, the remaining four episodes:

Episode 3: The Battle of Ice and Fire/The Battle For The Dawn/A Song of Ice and Fire/The Night and the Dawn

Any of these titles would do. I read somewhere that the title would be The Battle of Winterfell, but I think that would be pretty boring. And since the first episode was Winterfell, it wouldn't be good. The great battle is ahead in this episode and it deserves a proper title.

Episode 4: The Prince That Was Promised/Lightbringer

Since we still don't know who the prince is and what is the Lightbringer, it must be revealed during the battle or right after it. Whatever/whoever they are, it would be nice if the show has a title for the episode that reveals them.

Episode 5: The Realms of Men/A Game of Thrones

Whatever the outcome of the battle, I believe that the walker threat will be resolved someway and the battle for the Iron Throne will take place. What kind of realm do the men have after Night Kings rampage will remain to be seen, and either of these titles would do nicely.

Episode 6: A Dream of Spring

This will be highly propable title for the final episode. Whoever sits the Iron Throne, it will not be Cersei. I believe that the story ends with a massive amount of dead people and sacrifices, but someone worthy of the Throne will emerge victorious and the realm will start it's slow healing, with a dream of spring in sight.

4 hours ago, The Coconut God said:

Here we go:

Episode 3 - Winter is Here / The Long Night

Episode 4 - The Last Hero / A Time for Wolves

Episode 5 - The Iron Price

Episode 6 - A Dream of Spring / The Prince that was Promised (but who are we kidding, it's gonna be A Dream of Spring) 

Not Episode 6: "Farwell Westeros", or "The Lands beyond the West" or "Exodus"?:P. I am shocked :D

3 hours ago, T and A said:

Not Episode 6: "Farwell Westeros", or "The Lands beyond the West" or "Exodus"?:P. I am shocked :D

You don't like "The Iron Price"? I thought I'd go for something more subtle for the episode in which they take Euron's fleet by force and lose the Iron Throne forever. ;) Pretty sure dreams work just fine in Essos too.

Archived