Star Wars Thread: Don't Get Cocky

DMC

Star Wars Celebration is next week in Chicago.  The big panel on Friday is the Episode IX panel with JJ.  There will also be a Mandalorian panel on Sunday.  So I would expect we will have some new things to talk about in a week.

If anyone else is going to be at Celebration, let me know.

I wish I had moved faster about the tickets for Celebration. I had no idea they would go so fast. Oh well, some other time. And I might not have been able to go anyway. 

I expect we'll get a title announcement at the celebration, a poster, and probably a teaser. There was some poster 'leak' about a week ago, but I believe it was debunked.

Just now, Corvinus said:

I wish I had moved faster about the tickets for Celebration. I had no idea they would go so fast. Oh well, some other time. And I might not have been able to go anyway. 

I expect we'll get a title announcement at the celebration, a poster, and probably a teaser. There was some poster 'leak' about a week ago, but I believe it was debunked.

Yeah Mark Hamil himself debunked the poster leak.

26 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Cant claim credit for this but a valid point ive seen raised, very important...

who the hell casts Keri Russell then covers her head with a bucket?

Presumably the same people who wasted Elba in ST: Beyond with his full prosthetic mask and Oscar Isaac in XM: Apocalypse. 

27 minutes ago, Vaughn said:

Presumably the same people who wasted Elba in ST: Beyond with his full prosthetic mask and Oscar Isaac in XM: Apocalypse. 

Let's hope it's not supposed to be a surprise when she takes helmet off...

I'm struggling to think of a good reason. Unless she's doing crazy fight scenes she has shown herself capable in the Americans. 

She could have probably saved herself some time and just done voiceovers.

Given that it's JJ, can't we just assume Russell's playing a masked Sith villain and then after a  climatic fight where she chops off Rey's hand, she then takes off her helmet and says "No, I am your mother." 

I don't know what brought up the Kerri Russell discussion, but the most recent news of her features a steamy photo shoot with Adam Driver, as they're both set to star in the revival of the play Burn This. If Russell ends up being Rey's mom, the jokes will be unending.

Episode IX panel in an hour or so. Any title predictions before teh announcement?

Since I can't think of something to match the symmetry of "Revenge of the Sith" or "Return of the Jedi", my best guess is: Balance of the Force 

48 minutes ago, Myrddin said:

Episode IX panel in an hour or so. Any title predictions before teh announcement?

Since I can't think of something to match the symmetry of "Revenge of the Sith" or "Return of the Jedi", my best guess is: Balance of the Force 

Spark of Hope is probably the main contender. Anyway, I'm at work, but I'll try to listen/watch to the panel on phone.

On 4/5/2019 at 5:31 AM, Vaughn said:

Similarly, no one would think to hide Gwendolyn Christie behind a helmet the whole time...

Archived