Star Wars Thread: Don't Get Cocky

DMC

1 minute ago, Mark Antony said:

Palpatine?

That seems to be the "consensus" so I guess what she is looking at there is the "ruin" of the second Death Star?  The remnant of the giant laser thing (that I can't think of the right name for right now...)?

Not gonna like. I teared up a bit when Leia was on the screen.

Over all: Looks like JJ is trying to undo Last Jedi. :lol:

Rey Skywalker tease again - Check (Rise of Skywalker/1000 generations live in you)

Kylo repairing his helmet - Check

14 minutes ago, .H. said:

That seems to be the "consensus" so I guess what she is looking at there is the "ruin" of the second Death Star?  The remnant of the giant laser thing (that I can't think of the right name for right now...)?

To me it looked like where Luke disappeared. 

Just now, Kalbear said:

To me it looked like where Luke disappeared. 

Yeah, that was my initial thought too.  But didn't they say in the other movie when she goes there that they essentially is nothing else on that planet but water and that island?  I might just be misremembering I only watched them once.

Just now, .H. said:

Yeah, that was my initial thought too.  But didn't they say in the other movie when she goes there that they essentially is nothing else on that planet but water and that island?  I might just be misremembering I only watched them once.

No, I was wrong. Looking at it it's clearly the Death Star - you can see the trench along the horizon as well. 

Seems like they're pulling some of the stuff they had originally rumored for Ep7 - the part where she goes diving in the ruins of the Death Star for something. 

First theory based on the teaser: the force ghost of Palpatine lives/lingers on the remnant of that Death Star, that being the 2nd DS, and the planet would be in the vicinity of Endor. The heroes, mainly Rey, will have to confront him, though I have no idea why they're there. 

Additional thoughts:

• Apparently Lando's wardrobe is so fly it's still in fashion 45 years later
  • I wonder how Rey is going to climb out of the pit after Bane breaks her back?

6 minutes ago, Myrddin said:

Additional thoughts:

• I wonder how Rey is going to climb out of the pit after Bane breaks her back?

There will be a Jedi chiropractor down there.

Another thought - I call fake on the lightsaber we saw in the teaser. It looked brand new, not a scratch on it. I know Daisy Ridley gave a mysterious answer, saying Luke's saber lives, but not sure it will be exactly as before. My theory since the events of TLJ has been that she'll make a double-sided saber, with each side power by half a crystal, so it will look wonky, like Kylo's saber. And Rey is more of a staff person, than sword person.

30 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

No, I was wrong. Looking at it it's clearly the Death Star - you can see the trench along the horizon as well. 

Seems like they're pulling some of the stuff they had originally rumored for Ep7 - the part where she goes diving in the ruins of the Death Star for something. 

I mean, I know I'm a sucker, but I like that sort of shit.  The last movie felt too divorced from that, to me.

EDIT: Nevermind me, I got my movies confused because I'm old..

Gotta have to say, the choice of name is both unlikely and unfitting. The only Skywalker still capable of rising is discount Caedus and if he turns good again, it will be the most predictable nonsense ever.

Also Palpatine is back? The hell? I'm sure this is because everybody loved Dark Empire back in the days...

19 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

First theory based on the teaser: the force ghost of Palpatine lives/lingers on the remnant of that Death Star, that being the 2nd DS, and the planet would be in the vicinity of Endor. The heroes, mainly Rey, will have to confront him, though I have no idea why they're there. 

Oh, the haters of episode 7 being a redo of episode 4 are going to love the Death Star being back (and possibly ewoks).

I liked the trailer. Rise of Skywalker suggests someone is winding us up somewhere with all the "end of the skywalker saga". It doesn't feel like both statements can be correct. Then again it remains to be seen whether "the last Jedi" holds up as a statement either.

I feel like this trailer just reinforces how much of a mistake TLJ really was.

For all the things I love about the sequel trilogy like the gorgeous visuals, the practical effects, etc... the prequels at least had the benefit of an overarching story.  How Lucasfilm/Disney ever allowed this trilogy to start without a detailed outline to begin is beyond me.

Another addition thought:

• JJ is going to have his cake and eat it too by having Rey adopt the name "Skywalker" as opposed to "Jedi" as the new order of Force users

3 minutes ago, Myrddin said:

• JJ is going to have his cake and eat it too by having Rey adopt the name "Skywalker" as opposed to "Jedi" as the new order of Force users

that sounds awful...

The most likely explanation for the title is that ren lied and rey is a skywalker and therefore the title is similar to the return of the jedi.

13 minutes ago, Myrddin said:

Or maybe something some fans theorized - Rey finally turns to the dark side, guided by the ghost of Palpatine, kills Kylo, and adopts the name of Skywalker, as the true heir of Darth Vader - the Skywalker Empire rises.

17 minutes ago, Myrddin said:

Would they not be "skywalkers" if that was the name of the force order? eg your a skywalker but one of several skywalkers.

I think your theory of Rey Probably adopting the title is likely though

14 minutes ago, divica said:

that sounds awful...

The most likely explanation for the title is that ren lied and rey is a skywalker and therefore the title is similar to the return of the jedi.

It's not really the end of the skywalker saga if Rey is a blood skywalker. Well I guess it is if they kill her and Kylo.

Archived