Star Wars Thread: Don't Get Cocky

DMC

13 minutes ago, sologdin said:

because everybody loved Dark Empire

taking mel brooks and playing him straight.  would be great if they bust out megamaid-devastators, too, as kylo/dark helmet's superweapon.

Suck! Suck! Suck! Suck!!!

27 minutes ago, Wolfgang I said:

I'm still hoping for an Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan movie.

Yes!

11 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

You’re not getting one. 

Shhhh... From my point of view there will be one. Someday.

17 minutes ago, Wolfgang I said:

My real dream Star Wars movie is a LEGO Knights of the Old Repuplic movie though.

I think my "dream" would have just been the Heir to the Empire series on film, but, well, the ship sailed on that...

But maybe that is just more nostalgia speaking...

3 hours ago, Kalbear said:

Similarly, no one would think to hide Gwendolyn Christie behind a helmet the whole time...

Let's be real. I know people like her because she's really good at looking anxiously towards a window for literally an entire season, but Christie's name needs to stay out your mouth when you're talking about costuming mistakes regarding the likes of Elba and Oscar Issacs.

1 hour ago, Wolfgang I said:

I'm not excited about this movie. 

I will watch it though. 

I'm still hoping for an Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan movie.

Han solo failed because either the general public didn't care or because hardcore fans were upset about last jedi/a film they thought was uneccessary (probably didn't help they went way over budget on it too). Disney's conclusion was that people don't want to watch prequels about existing characters. I'm not sure watching star wars films set in the "present", especially when you are not excited about it will help change their mind.

Although maybe the lesson you learned was that films that don't appear exciting may turn out to be pretty decent (that was my experience with Solo) and you don't want to risk missing out?

I too would like a Ewan McGregor Obi wan film and hopefully Disney will realise that featuring him doing something where we don't know the broad details could still work. But I'm at a loss as to how i can influence the decision especially if it means their new films have to underperform to achieve it.

Best chances are probably to watch Clone wars and buy the box set when it comes out and somehow hope they maybe get obi wan into the rogue one prequel show. We can only hope.

Solo failed for a bunch of different reasons, though I think, in my opinion of course, the main thing was the release window combined with too late, shitty marketing.

Also having to reshoot the entire film didn't help. If not for the reshoots it would have actually been mildly profitable.

Solo actually surprised me. I didn't expect to enjoy it. I almost didn't even see it in the theater. Glad I did.

But yea, it was released too close to Last Jedi. Not because of backlash, but because it was only 6 months after VIII. Why didn't they just hold it for December?

On 4/6/2019 at 1:31 AM, Vaughn said:

Presumably the same people who wasted Elba in ST: Beyond with his full prosthetic mask and Oscar Isaac in XM: Apocalypse. 

Yeah, they should only hire bad actors to play characters that don't have their bare faces exposed...

2 hours ago, Toth said:

Also Palpatine is back? The hell? I'm sure this is because everybody loved Dark Empire back in the days...

I suspect it's because JJ had to come up with a replacement for Snoke!

1 minute ago, Myrddin said:

Solo actually surprised me. I didn't expect to enjoy it. I almost didn't even see it in the theater. Glad I did.

But yea, it was released too close to Last Jedi. Not because of backlash, but because it was only 6 months after VIII. Why didn't they just hold it for December?

Kennedy wanted to but Bog Iger insisted on them sticking to the may release date. He's admitted as much.

- The mountainous and stormy planet shown quickly at the beginning seems the same as in Rogue One, where Jyn's father was held;

- Lando put on weight but his pirate's smile remains the same;

- Stop with the ruins or wreckages of everything everywhere! We already had the wreckage of the star destroyer in Episode VII, Millenium Falcon is a kind of "alive" wreckage, if I may say so... Does it mean that in an Episode XII or XVI or whatever we will see the ruins of the Starkiller or the dreadnought-with-an-impossible-name?

- The title sucks, but there is still a tiny hope left: maybe Rey is not a Skywalker...that was the only good point of the Episode VIII scenario.  The "rising Skywalker" could be random people without kinship with the family, but calling themself "Skywalker" because they master the Force while rejecting the rules of the Jedi.

- Granted, they put back this good old Palpatine. So I demand Thrawn too! Pleaaaaaase...

1 minute ago, Yet another Arya ! said:

- Stop with the ruins or wreckages of everything everywhere! We already had the wreckage of the star destroyer in Episode VII, Millenium Falcon is a kind of "alive" wreckage, if I may say so... Does it mean that in an Episode XII or XVI or whatever we will see the ruins of the Starkiller or the dreadnought-with-an-impossible-name?

Actually, can they just make a movie of all that?  Like, nothing else please, just like a sort of Koyaanisqatsi (OK, add in some John Williams score and lets go).  That might well be the "prefect" Star Wars movie for me and I only just realized.

9 minutes ago, Yet another Arya ! said:

- Granted, they put back this good old Palpatine. So I demand Thrawn too! Pleaaaaaase...

Can't agree more, that's why I said Heir to the Empire would have been great movies, but no...

I think they did add Thrawn in one of the cartoons, right?

51 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Solo failed for a bunch of different reasons, though I think, in my opinion of course, the main thing was the release window combined with too late, shitty marketing.

Also having to reshoot the entire film didn't help. If not for the reshoots it would have actually been mildly profitable.

It's still hard to see how it could only make a third of rogue one besides them spending very little on promoting the film.

I'm still looking forward to some "The mandalorian" and "clone wars" footage over the weekend.

1 minute ago, .H. said:

[...]

- OK for the "wreckage movie": it would be a contemplative movie with a story about an old retired Stormtrooper who decides to go on pligrimage where he fought...for the soundtrack, the quiet musics of Blade Runner or Dune could suffice.

- I wanted badly an adaptation of the Timothy Zhan trilogy! Indeed Thrawn show up in the third season of Starwars Rebel (a side business product better than expected)

10 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

TLJ was quite a disappointment.

Now I expect nothing: it avoids disapointment. Anyway we have already hit the bottom with this episode: the useless admiral with pink hair, the sudden disappearance of Ackbar, the tax haven where they serve champagne, Chewbacca becoming vegetarian (next step: Chewbacca opening a truckfood for Porgs serving organic fair-trade stuff?), the big bunch of plot holes...

Archived