Star Wars Thread: Don't Get Cocky

DMC

9 minutes ago, Leofric said:

So Rey was cloned from Luke's hand, or from some of the body parts Anakin lost in the prequel trilogy.   Someone found Luke's light saber, so they probably found his hand as well. 

Return of Luuke!

Seriously Ep 9 needs to end with force ghosts of every character whos actor is still alive in a giant dragon  ball z/dark city/akira style ultra fight.

3 minutes ago, divica said:

I like it. And we can have a skywalker fest with several generations of skywalkers having a huge fight… 

As much as a spectacle that could be, ST fighters just aren't the good with their lightsabers. (That's not an criticism, I actually like how their technical ability is trash, and it's only the force that lets them be a force to be reckoned with. It fits with everything that has happened in my mind.) So either the clone would have to be on their level for it to last any time, which would be kind of boring. Or he would be trained to PT standards in which case he would slaughter everyone in his path. Which I mean, could be fun. But probably isn't Disney would go for.

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, unJon said:

Wait so Palpatine is back as the Big Bad and they’re saying it was the plan all along?!?!?

Sounds like they got some WOW writers for this "setback".

14 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Can someone actually provide a link to what is being talked about? At this point i don't know if we are talking theory or official announcement

Concerning what? Palpatine's return?

That's based on his signature laugh at the end of the teaser trailer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adzYW5DZoWs At 1:45.

Or are you talking about the Extended Universe stuff concerning his return? If that's the case, I'm as lost as you are.

1 hour ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Concerning what? Palpatine's return?

That's based on his signature laugh at the end of the teaser trailer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adzYW5DZoWs At 1:45.

Or are you talking about the Extended Universe stuff concerning his return? If that's the case, I'm as lost as you are.

Just Palpatine’s return. UnJon posted long after the trailer dropped stating Palpatine would be the big bad and “they” (whoever they is, presumably Kathleen Kennedy or Abrams?) were saying it was the plan all along. Which is not something conveyed by the trailer so i thought perhaps there was some new announce,ent rather than idle speculation

1 hour ago, Darth Richard II said:

...really? Are you sure you've even seen a Star Wars film?

Dude. They've already said they had no plan. This eagerness to swallow the new talking points from Disney does you little credit.

15 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Just Palpatine’s return. UnJon posted long after the trailer dropped stating Palpatine would be the big bad and “they” (whoever they is, presumably Kathleen Kennedy or Abrams?) were saying it was the plan all along. Which is not something conveyed by the trailer so i thought perhaps there was some new announce,ent rather than idle speculation

Good questions. Trying to refind article I was reading that day and can’t. Now wondering how much about Palpatine being big bad was just internet speculation. 

Heres an an article claiming, unsourced, that:

To be fair, Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy have said that it was always the plan to bring Palpatine back at the end.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cinemablend.com/news/2470538/why-palpatine-had-to-show-up-in-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker

I say this out of love for the franchise.... but sometimes it seems like they go out of their way to disappoint their fans...  it reminds me of how Vince MacMahon kept pushing dopey gimmicks like the Gobbeldey gooker on the fans despite the boos.... regardless of the bad fan reaction to Ewoks, they countered with Jar Jar... the writing is terrible more often than it's decent, and besides Rogue One (which was great).... they haven;t made anything good since the original trilogy..... they have flashes, sure --Darth Maul fight/Battle at Genosis/Annikin V Obi Wan.... but most of it more closely resembles Saturday Morning programming than the stuff that made us fall in love with this franchise to begin with...

It's infuriating because it all couldve been/shouldve been great... the Star Wars universe is a brilliant creation... 

Archived