Star Wars Thread: Don't Get Cocky

DMC

On 5/1/2019 at 9:59 PM, Martini Sigil said:

I say this out of love for the franchise.... but sometimes it seems like they go out of their way to disappoint their fans...  it reminds me of how Vince MacMahon kept pushing dopey gimmicks like the Gobbeldey gooker on the fans despite the boos.... regardless of the bad fan reaction to Ewoks, they countered with Jar Jar... the writing is terrible more often than it's decent, and besides Rogue One (which was great).... they haven;t made anything good since the original trilogy..... they have flashes, sure --Darth Maul fight/Battle at Genosis/Annikin V Obi Wan.... but most of it more closely resembles Saturday Morning programming than the stuff that made us fall in love with this franchise to begin with...

It's infuriating because it all couldve been/shouldve been great... the Star Wars universe is a brilliant creation... 

Its almost like most of the makers of these movies / tv shows view Star Wars as a children's franchise! Booo!

they countered with Jar Jar

darth jar jar will make his appearance in IX, just you wait and see.

the clone war cartoon was kinda cool, no? that's my favorite anakin and obi wan, anyway--anakin as he should have been in I-III.

1 minute ago, TrueMetis said:

Yeah, but if that Anakin had been in I-III it would end with Sidious dead on the floor.

Don't be so hasty. We'll see what they do in the new and final season of Clone Wars, that will tie the show with Ep III.

Apparently the movie hiatus will last until 2022. The next trio will be released in December of 2022, 2024, and 2026. They didn't announce which trilogy will be this, the one written by Johnson, or the one written by D&D, but according to Kathleen Kennedy, all of them will be working closely together to shape the next phase of stories.

31 minutes ago, Falconer said:

I’m guessing it’s the D&D trilogy, and the Johnson one will be put on hold indefinitely.

It's almost certainly the opposite, especially given D&D's schedules. 

Dan and David are finishing up the final season [of Game of Thrones] and then they are going to go into the Star Wars universe. When they come out of that, I assume they will come back to us.

This is from HBO president Casey Bloys. source

2 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Apparently the movie hiatus will last until 2022. The next trio will be released in December of 2022, 2024, and 2026. They didn't announce which trilogy will be this, the one written by Johnson, or the one written by D&D, but according to Kathleen Kennedy, all of them will be working closely together to shape the next phase of stories.

Well i hope they plan a bit better than they did the current trilogy as they clearly had no plan whatsoever. Would be nice to have a series where they actually know where they are heading.

Also a nice way to get people watching Disney+ when there's no where else to get a new star wars fix for 3 years. That's probably 2 seasons of mandalorian and maybe 2 of the rogue one prequel

9 hours ago, TrueMetis said:

Yeah, but if that Anakin had been in I-III it would end with Sidious dead on the floor.

Do you mean in terms of his power or his personality? Because I think one of the things TCW did best was selling why Anakin was susceptible to Palps and fell.

6 minutes ago, Falconer said:

They only have one trilogy on the schedule over the next decade. They’ve had to scale their ambitions WAAY back since Johnson’s previous disaster.

Oh jeez.

Both trilogies have been confirmed numerous times, and they only have 3 on the schedule because they didn't put out a schedule for years past that.

4 minutes ago, sologdin said:

previous disaster 

very comical. it's the ninth highest grossing film of all time.

Oh don't try to argue with those people, TLJ killed the franchise and all the white males and something something SJW something Lucas vision OLD Eu not canon waaahh.

1 hour ago, karaddin said:

Do you mean in terms of his power or his personality? Because I think one of the things TCW did best was selling why Anakin was susceptible to Palps and fell.

You think? Cause the Anakin who had no problem with stabbing that one terrorist through the back to stop him from blowing people up and they guy who struggled with cutting off Dooku's head strike me as very different people. Like I'm not saying that it would necessarily be a better ending, Clone Wars Anakin seems really quite callous, but I can't really see that Anakin listening to Palpatine's pretty obvious "I'm the evil Sith" speech's and not figuring it out. Especially as he's been exposed to the Sith so much more.

Though it does lead to a bit of an odd situation, since you've got clone wars Anakin who's got no problem offing people, then Anakin at the beginning of RoTS who struggles with the idea of killing Dooku and needs to be goaded into it by Palpatine, then at the end of the movie he's killing children with no problem. Think the guy might need a therapist or something.

1 hour ago, Darth Richard II said:

Oh don't try to argue with those people, TLJ killed the franchise and all the white males and something something SJW something Lucas vision OLD Eu not canon waaahh.

Ohhhkaaaay, didn’t realize this was the sort of place where disliking a film earned you personal attacks. :huh:

1 hour ago, Falconer said:

They only have one trilogy on the schedule over the next decade. They’ve had to scale their ambitions WAAY back since Johnson’s previous disaster.

Incorrect. They have two trilogies planned. Johnson's and the Weiss/Benioff project. Johnson has a small crime movie coming out in a couple of months, then he's free to start work on his films; Weiss/Benioff have to discharge final duties on Game of Thrones for HBO (including wrapping up the DVD/Blu-Ray special features and the last round of publicity duties) before they can do the same.

Most likely, they will alternate the movies, so the 2022 movie will be the D&D movie followed by the first Johnson movie in 2024 and the second D&D one in 2026 etc and in a couple of years they will extend the schedule by three films (for 2028, 2030 and 2032). What they might also do is confirm one trilogy for 22/24/26 and will then confirm the second trilogy for 23/25/27 next year or something.

The films that have been killed are the stand-alones: Boba Fett has been cancelled outright (rumours are that some ideas may have been absorbed into The Mandalorian instead) and Obi-Wan is now being redeveloped for television.

Archived