DMC

Star Wars Thread: Don't Get Cocky

37 minutes ago, lady narcissa said:

Let's just hope they don't include a poor droid being abandoned by their owner when they go off to battle the Evil Empire V3 so that the cgi money can be spent on creating Death Star V4.

:( 

9 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Ya know, the Star Wars universe is perfect for D&D. Stormtrooper armor doesn't work for shit, same as armor in GoT, except when the plot demands that it does. Their aim is terrible, too, except when the plot demands that it's not. And JJ already messed up how long it takes to travel from planet to planet; the size of the galaxy is as big as the plot demands it. So really, D&D should feel right at home.

I fear the inevitable Twi'lexploitation.

9 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Ya know, the Star Wars universe is perfect for D&D. Stormtrooper armor doesn't work for shit, same as armor in GoT, except when the plot demands that it does. Their aim is terrible, too, except when the plot demands that it's not. And JJ already messed up how long it takes to travel from planet to planet; the size of the galaxy is as big as the plot demands it. The Mandalorians literally have jetpacks. So really, D&D should feel right at home.

Exactly. This is my thing with star wars, i love the concept but if I'm being honest it's pretty silly (and that might be part of the charm). Which is maybe why it's better benioff and weiss are having a go at it than Wes Anderson, Malik or the coen brothers (not that great arguments could be made for directors somewhere in the middle). I think i know how benioff and weiss will approach things and it'll probably embrace a lot of what i like in star wars. Will it produce a classic film or the pinnacle of star wars? Probably not.

The tv shows are where my attention/hopes are focused for higher quality star wars and I'd much rather D&B were doing a film trilogy than a multiple season TV show.