US Politics: Celebrating and despairing too early;No poll bump for Trump yet.

Varysblackfyre321

12 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Right, it's going to be Swift (D) v. West (R).  The whole thing can play out on the national stage.  Can you imagine the debates?

I think that then requires Swift to have Beyonce as her running mate so Kanye can’t steal her mic.   

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

Fer pete's sake, People!  Barr was Reagan - H. W.Bush's point guy for getting pardons for Caspar Weinberger, Elliot Abrams, & Co. for Iran-Contra -- and you're surprised that he might have whitewashed the Mueller Report summary?  Barr was up to his cowlick in their evile, illegal and criminal shyte.  What do you expect? 

I did say at the very least. I do suspect he is tipping the scales, but I will wait to see it play out. Chill, my dude.

3 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

I did say at the very least. I do suspect he is tipping the scales, but I will wait to see it play out. Chill, my dude.

I have been all along chill about Mueller's Report. :cheers:

It's the media, all along, that has been ranting and raving, before, during and after -- and now post after.  What ... chumps. :read:

12 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

My issue with "chill" is that while you are "chilling", Barr,Trump and the rest of the Republicans are setting the tone and forming public opinion. The longer they wait, the longer they can drag out this process, the longer they control the agenda, they shape the misleading information, they just plain lie. And what we have seen is that the initial opinion that forms in the minds of many people will never be changed by the truth that comes out.

Second post on the same topic.

I would say it's already too late for the Mueller report. Trump and the gang have had almost two weeks now to proclaim there was no collusion and no obstruction and that he has been totally vindicated.

Its. Too. Late. Now.

8 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I would say it's already too late for the Mueller report. Trump and the gang have had almost two weeks now to proclaim there was no collusion and no obstruction and that he has been totally vindicated.

Its. Too. Late. Now.

Nah. That's what House hearings are for.

Such as the NOAA agency is still without a director, while they keep trying to ram through the guy, nominated last year! who wants all the tax payer funded weather information and the equipment such as weather satellites used to collect the forecast and other info denied to the taxpayer -- unless the taxpayer pays HIM:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-06-14/trump-s-pick-to-lead-weather-agency-spent-30-years-fighting-it

NOW Mueller investigation insiders are saying that Barr misled, at the very least -- never ever use that word LIE, even though everything that issues out of the oval office just about is a lie, and they reverse themselves on the lies with new lies.  But the chump media ruined this by their relentless howling for two weeks asbout how they were fooled by Mueller and team.  Gads, even Brian Lehrer on his WNYC program was right there voicing his disgust with Mueller and the team -- "If there was nothing there why did they go on for so long, keeping our expectations high?"

Then there is this, provoked by this, though not solely:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-mental-health-pre-dementia_n_5ca51ea2e4b0409b0ec32806

Hillary wanted to put up wind. Wind. If you ― if you have a windmill anywhere near your house, congratulations: Your house just went down 75 percent in value. And they say the noise causes cancer. You tell me that one, OK? “Rrrrr, rrrrr” ― you know the thing that makes the ― it’s so noisy. And of course it’s like a graveyard for birds. If you love birds, you’d never want to walk under a windmill because it’s a very sad, sad sight. It’s like a cemetery. We put a little, we put a little statute for the poor birds. It’s true. You know in California, if you shoot a bald eagle, they put you in jail for five years. And yet the windmills wipe ’em all out. It’s true. They wipe ’em out. It’s terrible. And I told the other day at CPAC. Great people at CPAC. We had an incredible thing. I had nothing to do. It was early on a Saturday morning. I had just gotten back from dealing with Kim Jong Un. We had a walk. He wasn’t ready for a deal but that’s OK because we get along great. He wasn’t ready. I told him, you’re not ready for a deal. That’s the first time anybody has ever told him that and left. It never happened to him before. Nobody’s ever left. But I said you’re not ready for a deal, but we’ll make a deal. We have a good relationship. We have a good relationship. But I told a story about, at CPAC. The woman, she wants to watch television. And she says to her husband, “Is the wind blowing? I’d love to watch a show tonight, darling. The wind hasn’t blown for three days. I can’t watch television, darling. Darling, please tell the wind to blow.” No, wind’s not so good. And you know, you have no idea how expensive it is to make those things. They’re all made in China and Germany, but the way, just in case you’re ― we don’t make ’em here, essentially. We don’t make ’em here. And by the way, the carbon, and all those things flying up in the air, you know the carbon footprint? President Obama used to talk about the carbon footprint, and then he’d hop on Air Force One, a big 747 with very old engines, and he’d fly to Hawaii to play a round of golf. You tell me, the carbon footprint.

“He has been growing less and less coherent,” Lee said, pointing to Trump’s appearance a month ago at the Conservative Political Action Conference, which Trump referenced on Tuesday night. “His two-hour CPAC speech revealed a lot of rambling sentences, tangential thought trails, word-finding difficulties and repetition.”

On Twitter last month, George Conway wrote: “*All* Americans should be thinking seriously *now* about Trump’s mental condition and psychological state, including and especially the media, Congress ― and the vice president and Cabinet.”

That exhortation followed up on a string of Conway tweets listing the symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder from the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition.

Gartner, though, said Trump’s condition appears to be an even worse variant of that disorder and a condition that is common to dictators: malignant narcissism, whose traits include narcissism, paranoia, sociopathy ― exhibited by constant lying ― and sadism.

“He has been getting worse in the last few months,” Gartner said, adding that he agrees with Conway that earlier interviews show how far Trump’s decline has progressed. In the past, Gartner said, “he not only spoke in complete sentences, he spoke in complete paragraphs.”

Lee and Gartner are among the relatively few mental health professionals speaking out about Trump’s apparent condition because of guidelines against speculating about patients a doctor has not personally examined. Both said those standards should not apply in situations where the safety of the nation is at stake and the president’s behavior is on public display.

Gartner pointed out that one of the symptoms of narcissism is repeated lying. “Donald Trump is the most documented liar in human history,” he said. “We observe his behavior every day.”

23 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Its. Too. Late. Now.

Eh, I think everything is already baked in. For those that are paying attention, 38-45% support Trump and will support him through thick and thin. And likewise, 52-55% hate his guts. Nothing will change for these groups, and it’s too early to say what the few scraps that are left will do. In the end it will probably just come down to the economy. If it’s good, Trump has a coin flips chance of getting reelected. If it’s just okay, he’ll probably lose. If the long awaited recession comes, he’s f****d.   

2 hours ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Honestly I'd half think about it - campaign slogan:  "All shall love me and despair!"). 

I'd vote for this platform...so long as it includes a plank requiring sensible commuting shoes and fabulous work shoes.

@Fragile Bird As the title suggests, there was no Trump Bump. Opinions haven't been swayed at all with the release of Barr's summary if polls are an indication. I'm chilling because I know there are people working on getting it released. I won't stress about things that I can't control. I can call my reps (and have), vent with friends and shake my head at Trump supporters and I can control my response. That's what I'm doing.

Romney dings Herman Cain for Trump’s Fed

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/04/romney-herman-cain-federal-reserve-1256260

In an interview, the Utah Republican senator brushed off the prospect of Trump following through and officially nominating Cain: “I doubt that will be a nomination. But if it were a nomination, you can bet [what] the interest rates he would be pushing for.”

“If Herman Cain were on the Fed, you’d know the interest rate would soon be 9-9-9,” Romney said in an interview on Thursday afternoon.

3 hours ago, Gertrude said:

@Fragile Bird As the title suggests, there was no Trump Bump. Opinions haven't been swayed at all with the release of Barr's summary if polls are an indication. I'm chilling because I know there are people working on getting it released. I won't stress about things that I can't control. I can call my reps (and have), vent with friends and shake my head at Trump supporters and I can control my response. That's what I'm doing.

Whether or not there’s a Trump bump doesn’t matter, I’m saying that Trump has won by taking immediate control of the narrative. Everything that comes out later will be a hard fought battle, inch by inch, like Ypres or the Somme.

And lol and behold! Cohen has found an old hard drive, with 14 million files on it, including e-mails!

9 hours ago, The Great Unwashed said:

In locaI/state news, another Oklahoma Democratic county HQ was defaced with racist, neo-Nazi and pro-Trump graffiti, along with an elementary school and arts center in Norman, OK, which is about 20 minutes south of OKC.

Surely that's just concerned conservatives exposing what the Democratic party truly stands for. Ilhan Omar is, after all, a rabid anti-Semite, which is something that does not exist among conservatives at all. 

Not quite sure how to explain the arts center or elementary school thing...a Democrat false flag retaliation perhaps?

I'm sure it'e easily explainable as not being the right's fault and nothing to do with Trump's brand of politics.

Lol, the New York Times has just pointed out that Trump asked the Senate to fast track the appointment of the chief counsel of the IRS, ahead of Barr, because of the new tax changes. The Senate didn't,getting Barr appointed first,then the IRS counsel.

The IRS counsel did work for the Trump companies.

The IRS counsel will give the legal opinion as to whether or not Trump has to hand over his income tax returns.

:rofl:

12 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Lol, the New York Times has just pointed out that Trump asked the Senate to fast track the appointment of the chief counsel of the IRS, ahead of Barr, because of the new tax changes. The Senate didn't,getting Barr appointed first,then the IRS counsel.

The IRS counsel did work for the Trump companies.

The IRS counsel will give the legal opinion as to whether or not Trump has to hand over his income tax returns.

:rofl:

Weird. Why is Trump hiding his taxes? You would think he would want to show off his many billions so that yokel Americans may gape in awe.

Can you imagine the debates?

West: I became the stage for the great argument between Nietzsche and Rousseau.  I was the extra ready to take on all the roles.

Swift: to pretend, I actually do the thing.  I have therefore only pretended to pretend.

West: I always dream of a pen that would be a syringe.

Swift: I speak only one language, and it is not my own.

West: Monsters cannot be announced. One cannot say 'here are our monsters,' without immediately turning the monsters into pets.

Swift: Circumcision, that's all I've ever talked about.

Keeping it classy. I'm sure he'll be insulting Nancy Reagan before this term is up.

Trump hits back at Barbara Bush: 'She was nasty to me, but she should be'

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/05/trump-barbara-bush-1258925

President Donald Trump said Thursday he wasn’t surprised that late first lady Barbara Bush wasn’t a fan of his, reasoning that her opposition, documented in a new book about her life, stemmed from his treatment of her sons during the 2016 election.

“I have heard that she was nasty to me, but she should be. Look what I did to her sons,” the president told The Washington Times.

Moron:

Elizabeth Warren is calling to end the legislative filibuster, the first major presidential candidate to explicitly endorse ending the Senate's longstanding 60-vote threshold.

The Massachusetts Democrat is set to make the announcement at the National Action Network on Friday, just two days after Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) invoked the unilateral "nuclear option" to shave off debate time of presidential nominees. Now Warren says it's time to "fight back.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/05/elizabeth-warren-filibuster-2020-election-1259196

Archived