Bad shows and movies you enjoy watching.

Varysblackfyre321

The Star Wars Holiday Special. It does exist, Mr. Lucas!!!!

Anyone that says Roadhouse is bad is just plain wrong! "The name is Dalton." (Fuck yes, Swayze. Fuck yes!)

Batman: The Movie kicks ass. Still the best Batman film.

Where to even begin with bad movies. Me and my friends have a bad movie night every Friday so I've seen quite a few. 

Tammy and the T-Rex, Future Wars, Surf Nazis, Kill Point, and Samurai Cop, were all fun.................all be in horrible films.

As for shows..............Legacies...............I have no idea why I watch this turd of a show, but I do.

My brother is currently showing me a selection of early Doctor Who stories. Some of it is pretty bad, but I've enjoyed most of it. I love early Tom Baker. He's the first Doctor who actually behaves like an alien. 

7 hours ago, Astromech said:

I was going to mention Kung Pow Enter the Fist, but that is actually a damn fine film.

That is 100% correct -- this is not an appropriate thread for such a classic.

8 hours ago, matt b said:

How has The Room not been mentioned yet? Or is it too obvious?

If you think the Room is bad try watching Double Down. That movie makes The Room look like Citizen Kane.

11 hours ago, Astromech said:

I was going to mention Kung Pow Enter the Fist, but that is actually a damn fine film.

Seriously. 

I always enjoyed Sucker Punch knowing it’s silly. First time I ever saw Oscar Isaac too.

Fool’s Gold with McConaughey and Hudson comes to mind also. 

Black Dynamite probably doesn't count because it's being corny on purpose, but I adore it all the same. Grandma's Boy is absolutely stupid as hell, but I've gotten stoned and watched it with friends dozens of times. @Astromech has it right, I named my dog Dalton because Roadhouse is fucking great. Hell, just today I was working on my parents' property, my mom saw a minor cut needing a wash and a bandaid, and I responded "Pain don't hurt." 

I would rather watch a crappy action movie over a Meryl Streep drama any day of the week. I have massive respect for talented actors and directors really exploring important themes, but damnit I've seen Highlander like twenty times and don't give a crap that a Scotsman is playing an Egyptian next to a Frenchman playing a Scotsman. Fuck it, that soundtrack rocks.

1 hour ago, Argonath Diver said:

Grandma's Boy is absolutely stupid as hell, but I've gotten stoned and watched it with friends dozens of times.

Grandma's Boy does not belong in this conversation.  It's objectively awesome.  In terms of guilty pleasure movies, I'll say Con Air.  I just love the way you can cut that overacting with a knife.  And a really entertaining cast.

In terms of shows, I'll take the low hanging fruit:  Game of Thrones.

Game of Thrones. Honestly! I loved the books, but I think the show is wretched. I was on a walk the other day just thinking through my thoughts, and I thought, "I don't think I'll watch this last season." Then I remembered how much fun I have in the Rants (Rants Without Repercussions? Rants and Raves without Repercussions??) Without Raves thread, and I realized, it's not the show, but the talking shit about the show that I love.

And p.s.: I don't want any half-assed agreements here "oh yeah, season 1 (or 2, or 3) was good, then it got bad. No, it sucked from the first episode. Seriously, if you like it, go read the section where Jaime attacks Ned in King's Landing. Amazing. Then watch the scene on HBO. It's like an 8th grade theater production...starring grown men.

1 hour ago, Simon Steele said:

Game of Thrones. Honestly! I loved the books, but I think the show is wretched. I was on a walk the other day just thinking through my thoughts, and I thought, "I don't think I'll watch this last season." Then I remembered how much fun I have in the Rants (Rants Without Repercussions? Rants and Raves without Repercussions??) Without Raves thread, and I realized, it's not the show, but the talking shit about the show that I love.

And p.s.: I don't want any half-assed agreements here "oh yeah, season 1 (or 2, or 3) was good, then it got bad. No, it sucked from the first episode. Seriously, if you like it, go read the section where Jaime attacks Ned in King's Landing. Amazing. Then watch the scene on HBO. It's like an 8th grade theater production...starring grown men.

It doesnt sound like you enjoy it much 

Archived