Bad shows and movies you enjoy watching.

Varysblackfyre321

On 4/11/2019 at 12:06 AM, Risto said:

Watching Twilight has always given me a lot of laughs. And I mean A LOT OF laughs.

But, a testament to my bad taste...

Gossip Girl - A highschooler never dies inside of us :D

Charmed - I have done a rewatch of the old one and boy, was it hilarious. There were some great moments and several episodes were nicely done, but boy, when it sucked, it really sucked.

Melrose Place - for some reason, I spent beginning of this millennium watching this. And I remember I liked it.

Star Trek: Voyager - not necessarily bad, but every time someone says how boring or bad it is, I start arguing

Legend of the Seeker - this one was perfection and anyone who disagrees is completely wrong.

Desperate Housewives - this started as somewhat good, but somewhere in the middle it completely lost its direction. Needless to say, Bree VandeCamp remains my hero.

Revenge - Again, great premise, and I was hooked after couple of episodes but by the end, it was too much.

OK, so I admitted to more than I thought :D 

Ever tried rewatching Gossip Girl? The first episode alone (in particular Chuck) is sickening. How this didnt bother me first time around...(well actually i had forgot the earliest seasons tbf)

14 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Ever tried rewatching Gossip Girl? The first episode alone (in particular Chuck) is sickening. How this didnt bother me first time around...(well actually i had forgot the earliest seasons tbf)

No, I haven't, but between sexualization of adolescents, attempted rape of a 14-year-old and overall moral depravity of all included, it would be actually weird not to be sickened by it. 

2 hours ago, Risto said:

No, I haven't, but between sexualization of adolescents, attempted rape of a 14-year-old and overall moral depravity of all included, it would be actually weird not to be sickened by it. 

It was the rapey stuff that got me. I managed three episodes

22 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Whoa, WHOA. Demolition Man is a GODDAMN CLASSIC AND MASTERPIECE OF FILMMAKING.

Not a Hall of Fame action movie!!!

I can name one specifically, but I am always here for the awful SyFy channel horror films if I am drunk or :pimp:.

Or better yet, both.

On 4/8/2019 at 7:37 AM, aceluby said:

I don't know, the first season took itself pretty seriously and is legitimately enjoyable IMO.  It goes off the rails pretty quickly though.

I have to say I agree. I mean I just saw a lot of potential early into the Show that really was wasted. In terms of characters, political commentary, and story.Like take this scene: 

If more of the show was like that I’d call it a success. 

Oh and how it dealt with rape and domestic abuse was just appalling.

Like Jason was literally gang raped by his former GF but we don’t really see the fallout of such a traumatic event. 

The Room is obviously the trash cinema GOAT - incompetent auteur bad movies are the best bad movies. 

Since I've seen a few people in here namedrop Masters of the Universe, I'm curious if any Dolph Lundgren enthusiasts are familiar with Silent Trigger? It was directed by Russell Mulachy (Highlander), released in the mid 90s, pretty sure it went direct to VHS at the time and was filmed in Bulgaria (like most of Dolph Lundgrens filmography post 1995ish) at some half constructed skyscraper. I've watched a fuckton of direct to video action films in my time and enjoyed quite a few of them but this one has always been singular to me as its chalked full of atmospheric footage and existential themes atypical of the genre, but its execution of course still puts it firmly in the camp category. It's really unlike anything else I've ever seen and for my money its probably the most underrated bad movie out there.

I also don't hear a lot people talking about Rage (originally titled Tokarev), one of many direct to DVD/Netflix titles Nicolas Cage as churned out in the past decade. As an ironic turned post ironic turned unironic Cage fan I'm hopeful the relative success of Mandy will lead to a Cageaissance akin to Matthew McConaugheys early 10s career revival but Rage is a real diamond in the rough waiting to be picked. It's the logical conclusion of the Taken formula and has some amazing Nouveau Shamanic moments from Cage to rival his best work.

Sort of circling back to mid 90s movies with Dolph Lundgren, I recently rewatched Johnny Mnemonic as well and man I'd forgotten how great it is.

1 hour ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

Does David Lynch's Dune count? If so, that's mine. 

I constantly forget that Lynch made a Dune movie.  So yeah, that definitely counts in my book.

1 hour ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

Any '80s Schwarzenegger film excluding The Terminator and The Predator. Of those I will put Commando as my favorite followed by The Running Man.

How dare you put ‘The’ in front of Predator. This thread is starting to get out of hand.

The old Billy Jack movies, all the Planet of the Apes movies even the panned ones.

I also have a soft spot for singers that try acting so i'll watch and enjoy anything with Cher, Rihanna, Madonna, Aaliyah, Diana Ross and that qualifies a bunch of movies that were considered poor by others, like- Burlesque, the last Oceans movie, Dont cry for me Argentina, Queen of the Damned, Mahogany.

Also I loved the original Superfly, and two actresses I cannot not watch in anything they are in are Bai Ling and Gong Li, so Bai Lings had some clunkers that I still have enjoyed like Breed, Gene Generation and Crank: High Voltage.

:DI really do love all this trash.

Archived