Football: of great teams having an exceptional season and exceptional teams having a great season.

Last season's Dortmund really had this mentality problem (loss of Bender had a bigger impact than expected). Thus they brought in mentality with Witsel and Delaney.

Here they just got bossed. I assume they wanted to play for quick counters, but that one went out of the window after the second, which was pretty much a kick in the teeth for Dortmund. And Bayern just kept the pressure up while Dortmund was tumbling.

It could get very frustrating at Goodison Park right now. The Toffees are bossing Arsenal, but are wasting loads of chances of burying the game. Bernard, Calvert-Lewin, Sigurdsson and Richarlison all have had great opportunities to double the lead, but wasted. Gomes is class though.

9 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

Are Everton good now? When did that happen?

As we are playing us away from home in a couple of days, I hope it doesn't last long.

I hope we just keep going now. 

Sure, we need DCL (or someone) to score more, but apart from that, this was a very good performance. Pressing, movement, passes - all was there. Long may it continue.

On the train today (no I did not see jesus talking about the shire in the US) there suddenly was some ruckus happening, with two blokes telling each other to f... off and other niceties, when one of them left the train.

The remaining one was proudly wearing his Rangers jersey and waved the guy that left the train happily goodbye with his middle finger (I assume that's what he meant to say).

Only a Hun could get into a fight on train in a strange country on his way to the airport. Not directly football related, but I thought I'd share it anyway.

Unbelievable miss (or clearance) from Choupo-Moting. Nkunku’s chip over the keeper was just crossing the line when EMCM ran into it, managed to trap the ball against the post and he ended up in the net instead. Now PSG are 2-1 down to Strasbourg on their coronation.

15 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

He'll be playing football again before long.

Sure and I don't think that's ideal but if he gets a job he gets a job but my problem is with Strachan equating the inevitable abuse of him with racist abuse of players.

Archived