What end of the story will satisfy you

T and A

Only six epsiodes until this series comes to a definitive end. And boy, was this a wild ride. It has done so much for the fantasy genre in mainstream media, and it has set whole new levels for television in general, that one will remember it even in the next decades. 

In memory of that, I would like to know what specific end would you wish for the series? What plot do you imagine in your head, that would be truly a perfect ending for this saga. 

I would like an ending that fits with the storytelling so far. A bittersweet ending. It would fit perfectly if a victory against the WW is achieved, but by great costs that changes the whole world afterwards. If the Iron Throne still exists after that, I would be disapointed. It should be an end of an era and the beginning of a new one. There could still be Kings or Monarchs, since a democracy seems rather unrealistic, given the educational background of the Westerosi population, but I would wish that the Kingdoms of Westeros would gain more indipendency. (And maybe not necceseraly seven). What I would also love is, if magic would reapear on the world, rather than dying (I never liked LotR for that). 

What are your thoughts?

(Reminder: if you don't have anything to say specific about the ending, please don't participate. Sarcasm is also not an answer to this question.)

The Iron throne has to be destroyed. No one will sit on the Iron throne. Perfect for me would be if Daenerys realises herself she can only "break the wheel" if she destroys the throne herself, ideally with dragon fire. The throne was created by dragon fire, it should come to an end with dragon fire. If someone were to sit on the Iron throne, this would be really disappointing to me. I wish for independent houses and free cities.

I really hope for an ending with a satisfying explanation of the White Walkers, the Three-eyed Raven and the role of the Children of the Forest. Perfectly, Bran as new Three-eyed Raven and the Night King somehow need to cancel each other out. We have to learn why the White Walkers do what they do and why they came back to action roughly at the beginning of the series. The whole Bran storyline must somehow be explained.

All White walkers and wights should die in the moment the Night King dies. Loudest battle clamour, suddenly utter silence. The great war is over. But of course the South is still holding up... the next war to come.

At least some important characters will die in the great war.  I would be glad if some side characters survive like Bronn, Sandor Clegane and Brienne, maybe even Jamie. I would like the Mountain and Cersei to die, Melisandre and Varys will die for sure.  Finally, I believe Jon and Daenerys will die.

I really want Cersei's prophecy explained as well as Daenerys visions in the House of the Undying. They cannot let these threads hang open.

I expect all dragons to die. Not because I really wish for it, but because it makes sense if there is supposed to be some finality to it all. 

I wish for Sansa and Arya to survive and have a future worth living. The pack survives.

We have been promised bittersweet and I think that is the best route - so the question becomes how is bittersweet best portrayed?

I liked the LOTR ending because of its link back to the world of the reader, a world that tends towards our world without magic, elves or dragons, but that has been done (successfully, in my view).

A way to end it would be victory against the WW, after a presumed (off screen death) victory against Cersei, which unravels in the moment of victory with Cersei’s forces descending upon the remnants of the heroes of mankind. 

Humankind wins, but valour and honour is betrayed.

I don't want Jon or Dany on the throne, I want it gone. I really REALLY don't want them to have a child that sits on the throne.

I also don't want a second coming of the WW at the end.

If it was up to me, the iron throne is gone. Fast forward a few years after each section of the map kinda rules itself, like the North and the South and whatever. Have them all fighting against each other. Then finish with a scene about how that a few sections are going to join together to conquer the other regions, starting a new iron throne (but call it something else besides the iron throne). A history repeats itself sort of thing. 

That could be a good bittersweet ending if it is done well.

Gendry takes the throne as the legitamite son of Robert Baratheon and Cersei Lannister. Sansa is Queen. She has the political knowledge, he has the birthright and the knowledge of the common people. Like Ned and Catlyn's union there is no love. It is a political alliance. One that comes at the expense of Gendry's affection for Arya. 

Davos is Gendry's Hand.

Danerys is killed after succombing to her increasing family madness. There is no Targarian incest baby. Jon remains Lord of Winterfell as Sansa is Queen.

Brianne dies horribly. 

Stannis is officially acknowleged as the second King in the Baratheon dynasty. His prophecy fulfilled.

20 hours ago, Lord Stannis-The True King said:

Gendry takes the throne as the legitamite son of Robert Baratheon and Cersei Lannister. Sansa is Queen. She has the political knowledge, he has the birthright and the knowledge of the common people. Like Ned and Catlyn's union there is no love. It is a political alliance. One that comes at the expense of Gendry's affection for Arya. 

Davos is Gendry's Hand.

Danerys is killed after succombing to her increasing family madness. There is no Targarian incest baby. Jon remains Lord of Winterfell as Sansa is Queen.

Brianne dies horribly. 

Stannis is officially acknowleged as the second King in the Baratheon dynasty. His prophecy fulfilled.

In the words of Jeremy Clarkson, "Yesssssssss"

You made Sansa queen of two different places, but if the rest of this happened, I would consider this the greatest show of all time and take back all the things I said about how horrible season 6 and 7 were. 

20 hours ago, Lord Stannis-The True King said:

Davos is Gendry's Hand.

Brianne dies horribly. 

Lmao at gendry being King, or being Cersei's child, keep dreaming buddy.

Jon being King at the end will satisfy me, and I think that's what's going to happen, too. Daenerys can be dead or not at the end, I really don't care much either way.

Theon kills Euron, and saves Yara, together they sail to Dorne, with all of Euron's ships and the ships they have remaining. There they gather more troops to bring to the battle, because the North has suffered heavy loss's in it's first encounter with the NK, with over 50% dead. It was not a complete loss, as they themselves manage to inflict damage on many of the Others, just not the NK himself. As a result, the number of wights has decreased, because each "Other" can only animate "X" amount of wights. 

So, faced with the realization they cannot defeat the NK's remaining forces on their own, and yet they cannot count on Cersei to help either, a plan is devised. The will let the others march to KL's and this will force the issue, and Cersei has to commit her armies to battle the others, and once that battle has started, the Northern forces will then attack the others from the rear. While this is all going on, a small party of assassins will be dispatched to deal with Cersei personally, possibly Jamie, Arya, and the Hound. However, things don't go quite as planned, because Tyrion has informed Cersei of the assassination plot. As a result, while still successful, Jamie dies, but gets killed buy the Mountain seconds after. Then the Hound and Arya both manage to kill the mountain. 

sub-plot 1  Cersei pays Bronn to kill both Tyrion and Jamie. an agreement is made in which Bron gets 50% of the money upfront, with the other 50% to be collected when they are dead. Bron takes the money, but never has any intention of killing either of them, and meets up with Jamie, and together they convince the remaining Tully forces to come North with them, and fight the WW's. what do they have to lose, stay and fight the golden company and the Lannisters on their own, or join the Northern forces and hope for a victory against the WW's and collectively they could then defeat Cersei. 

sub-plot 2  Jon and Dany will have to fly North of the wall to find some magical item that will be key to defeating the WW's. they find this out from Team Bran and Sam. 

sub-plot 3 Bran will warg the NK's dragon. He will spend a lot of time practicing this up until the final battle. 

sub-plot 4 A deal will be struck with the GC, and they will know the Norths plan at the battle at WF. This won't happen until the very last moment however, and the faceless men have something to do with it. 

sub-plot 5 Mel, Quaithe, and Kinvarna all show up, with the fiery hand. they take part in the final battle as well, and all of them die. they do manage to turn the tide of the battle however. 

End Plot. Dany and Jon both live, but both decide they wanted nothing to do with ruling Westeros, and a decision is made for regents from all the kingdoms to come to the dragon pit and decide on a delegation of leaders to rule. 

Jon, Daenerys, Bran, The Night King, Jaime and Cersei all die. 

Anyone who is attached to magic - has to die (except for maybe Arya).  This obviously includes Melisandre who will play a pivotal role in defeating the Night King, possibly creating Lightbringer with her sacrifice. The magic has to go out of the world for it to be changed forever, and the Iron Throne needs to be melted down too for Westeros to change forever.

We aren't ever getting any sequels, so why would they leave these main characters and magic alive in the world? It needs full closure.

Jaime and Cersei came into the world together and it would be poetic for them to leave it together and fulfil the prophecy. It really has to be Jaime. It would be an insult to their complex and messed up relationship for Arya to just come in and kill Cersei simply because she's another name on her list.

All the nice, genuine characters - Sam, Gilly, Tyrion, Brienne, Bronn, Sansa, Arya, Jorah, Gendry, Missandei, Meera etc will all survive and live on to ensure the sweetness in the ending. It would be so cheesy if it's Jon and Dany's baby to rule in the future, and they are my favourite two characters.

It's A Song of Ice and Fire, and all the Ice and Fire needs to go out for the story to end.

On 4/11/2019 at 6:50 AM, btfu806 said:

In the words of Jeremy Clarkson, "Yesssssssss"

You made Sansa queen of two different places, but if the rest of this happened, I would consider this the greatest show of all time and take back all the things I said about how horrible season 6 and 7 were. 

You misread my statement. I want Sansa to be Queen of the Seven Kingdoms. Given her responsibilities in Kings Landing she would not be able to rule the North (I see her as the true Heir of Winterfell). Given that Sansa is preoccupied with a more important office Jon would take her place as Warden of the North.

Anyway, thanks for the support!!! It appears there are not many loyal Baratheon supporters here.

On 4/13/2019 at 9:52 PM, Lord Stannis-The True King said:

You misread my statement. I want Sansa to be Queen of the Seven Kingdoms. Given her responsibilities in Kings Landing she would not be able to rule the North (I see her as the true Heir of Winterfell). Given that Sansa is preoccupied with a more important office Jon would take her place as Warden of the North.

Anyway, thanks for the support!!! It appears there are not many loyal Baratheon supporters here.

Ahhh I gotcha. Yeah I read that wrong.

And yes, Stannis is by far my favorite character in the books and I am still angry with the show and what they did to him... sigh.

I just want a scene that Jon stabs Daenerys in her heart. Both crying. Daenerys dead. Lightbringer born. He kills the Night king.

After The mess The south is i dont really Care about who seats on The iron throne in The end.

Bran has to for. Arya too

Arya kills Jon: we realize Arya is dead and the Waif has been wearing her face since Braavos.

That's literally all I want from the show now. I would forgive so much.

I don't think they'll do it. I think there are no more twists, this season is just follow-through. But I still hold out hope, especially because one can pretty easily interpret Jon and Arya's interaction during episode 1 as her trying to figure out how she can kill him.

4 minutes ago, Damon_Tor said:

Arya kills Jon: we realize Arya is dead and the Waif has been wearing her face since Braavos.

That's literally all I want from the show now. I would forgive so much.

I don't think they'll do it. I think there are no more twists, this season is just follow-through. But I still hold out hope, especially because one can pretty easily interpret Jon and Arya's interaction during episode 1 as her trying to figure out how she can kill him.

I would really really hate that. How would the Waif know about her sister and brothers? I think Nymeria will show up and prove beyond doubt anyway.

2 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

When did Cercei pop Gendry out without noticing?  :unsure:

It's a theory centering on Cersei's description of the infant she had with Robert and Gendry's description of his mother. Both in season 1. It postulates that either she gave up the child (unable to poison it as she implied) or that someone else switched the child and she killed another baby. I'd personally go with the former. Cersei's love for her children is like her only good quality. Gendry says he remembers his mother had yellow hair and sang to him. He also said she was some tavern wench. Cersei later describes how she used to disguise herself as a tavern wench to meet with Jaime. The time between when Gendry's mom disappeared also alligns with the time between when Gendry was born and when Joffry was. She theoretically would have stopped visiting Gendry when she had her first child with Jaime.

Plus there's the whole idea that someone was looking out for Gendry, purchasing his apprenticeship with the best armorer in King's Landing. It's unlikely this was Robert, Cersei makes the most sense, especially given her reaction to Joffry's order to have all of Robert's children killed.

Archived