What end of the story will satisfy you

T and A

Im hoping in the dying moments when all is lost and the whites are killing off all our major characters... Bran manages to use his powers similarly to when he did with Hodor but with more conviction and skill, and manages to plant a thought or vision in Neds head before it all goes tits up for him.. and he is able to avoid his beheading and rally all the houses together with this vision.. unite everyone etc..

5 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

^ Blimey, hadn't caught that theory. Interesting ....

There are two scenes early in Season 1 that do not exist at all in the books.

First is Cersei's conversation with Cat where she talks about the son that she lost, a "beautiful black haired boy" and second where she is talking to Fat Bob about their first child that they lost. The first could be a lie, but the second would need to be collusion between two people that hate each other. 

By creating these scenes, D+D have deliberately introduced Gendry as a true born heir. But they seem to have forgotten about it now.

Oh and PS:

I hope they reference the Ghost Grass in the final scene, or the Dragons of Pern thing.

The Stark pack survives, hopefully without getting seriously maimed. The climate becomes normal as in four seasons per a year. We find out who ends up being the Lord or Lady of each of the 7 kingdoms. 

Ghost at least makes an appearance.

Dany doesn’t bend to Jon, so they compromise with a united Marriage. Cersei then assassinates Dany, sparking the final battle. Jon defeats Cersei, but she blows up KL. 

Jon is made king, but he resides in the north.

I remember Martin saying that some reader had figured out the ending, after reading book 1 and 2.  That annoys me so much :-) as I have no real clue, just desires.  I want the WW war over, Cersei defeated and dead, and magic to be retreating from earth. I want the explanation about the NK to be clear and understandable. 

I want the Starks alive. Secretly and privately, I want Bran to be able to walk. Jon will live with the freefolk, Sansa will be the lady of Winterfell, and Arya to be working with Gendry, who both live at Winterfell.

2 hours ago, Crona said:

I want everyone to die except Tormund, Brienne, and Davos. Afterward Tormund and Brienne rule with Davos as Hand. Long live their reign!

Pod as the captain of The Royal guard. Finally a ending that i can pledge muito support.

WW’s defeated. Dany dead. Jon on the iron thrown and the North is an independent realm again with Sansa as The Queen in the North.

Oh and Davos is Jon’s hand. Tyrion is Lord of Casterly Rock. Cersei killed by Jamie. Jamie killed in battle. Tormund lives happily ever after along with Pod, Brienne and Sam who is a Maester for Jon. I DGAS what happens to Gendry.

On 4/15/2019 at 9:53 PM, Kaguya said:

Dany doesn’t bend to Jon, so they compromise with a united Marriage. Cersei then assassinates Dany, sparking the final battle. Jon defeats Cersei, but she blows up KL. 

Jon is made king, but he resides in the north.

I kinda like that...

On 4/21/2019 at 5:05 PM, lakin1013 said:

I remember Martin saying that some reader had figured out the ending, after reading book 1 and 2.  That annoys me so much :-) as I have no real clue, just desires. 

Do you think this is true? Im not convinced you can figure out the ending based on the first two books? maybe they figured out Jon Snow parentage or some major plot but the entire ending? Do you have the quote to hand perchance?

1 hour ago, Thinishter Goat said:

Do you think this is true? Im not convinced you can figure out the ending based on the first two books? maybe they figured out Jon Snow parentage or some major plot but the entire ending? Do you have the quote to hand perchance?

Earlier this week at the Edinburgh International Book Festival, "Game of Thrones"author George R.R. Martin sent fan forums into a frenzy when he acknowledged that some readers had figured out the ending to the series.

"So many readers were reading the books with so much attention that they were throwing up some theories, and while some of those theories were amusing bulls--- and creative, some of the theories are right," Martin said, according to The Telegraph. "At least one or two readers had put together the extremely subtle and obscure clues that I'd planted in the books and came to the right solution."

source: Business Insider 8-14-14

1 hour ago, lakin1013 said:

Earlier this week at the Edinburgh International Book Festival, "Game of Thrones"author George R.R. Martin sent fan forums into a frenzy when he acknowledged that some readers had figured out the ending to the series.

"So many readers were reading the books with so much attention that they were throwing up some theories, and while some of those theories were amusing bulls--- and creative, some of the theories are right," Martin said, according to The Telegraph. "At least one or two readers had put together the extremely subtle and obscure clues that I'd planted in the books and came to the right solution."

source: Business Insider 8-14-14

thanks. yeah i think that relates to R+L=J and maybe a few minor details as opposed to the actual ending of the series - i doubt even George had figured that out by the 2nd book!

I am afraid there is no end that will satisfy me, but there are at least some developments I would prefer to others:

* NK wanting someting more specific than just erase the memory of the civilization

* Sansa surviving without having killed a person in combat for the whole 8 Seasons.

* No dragon surviving

* No Lannister surviving (Yes now the rains...)

* Neither Jon nor Dany (nor Cersei) on the Iron Throne. Well, there wont be a throne anyway, except in an empty hall without a roof.

* The poisoning of the Freys will have an (unfavorable) effect on Aryas position in the North and/or Jaqen will appear in Westeros.(I know, that is my pet subject :rolleyes:)

* Melisandre coming back to do/bring something good/useful/strong which is not a deus ex machina.

* The safe island talking have some significance, though I cannot see how many people this really could save (on the other hand: logistic was never a problem in the show)

* Bronn getting his castle

what I would not prefer:

* Another wildfire explosion

* Time circle where this NK is defated and the next is reborn

* NK sucessfully stabbed by Arya

Who sits on the Throne - I wasn't really bothered before, but having read the stuff in this thread about Cersei possibly being Gendry's Mother, I'll put him on there with Arya.

Arya to kill Cersei - I've wanted this ever since her "change," and although it's obviously far-fetched it would fit perfectly with what I've just said about Gendry and Cersei.

Who else dies - No idea. Out of the main ones Dany and possibly Tyrion, and if he does I'd like to know if he was Targaryen beforehand. and I really don't want it to be Bronn who kills him, just like I don't want him to kill Jaime, if he dies.

Who I don't want to die - Apart from those mentioned, Jaime, Brienne, Sam, Gilly, Davos and Bronn.

Who the Night King really is - Obviously lots of suggestions flying about, so it would be nice to find out the truth once and for all.

Jaime and Brienne to end up together - PLEASE!

Bronn to get his "Fucking Castle!"

And I can see this being edited to fuck again after the next episode.

On 4/13/2019 at 5:32 PM, Moon of My Life said:

Jon, Daenerys, Bran, The Night King, Jaime and Cersei all die. 

Anyone who is attached to magic - has to die (except for maybe Arya).  This obviously includes Melisandre who will play a pivotal role in defeating the Night King, possibly creating Lightbringer with her sacrifice. The magic has to go out of the world for it to be changed forever, and the Iron Throne needs to be melted down too for Westeros to change forever.

We aren't ever getting any sequels, so why would they leave these main characters and magic alive in the world? It needs full closure.

Jaime and Cersei came into the world together and it would be poetic for them to leave it together and fulfil the prophecy. It really has to be Jaime. It would be an insult to their complex and messed up relationship for Arya to just come in and kill Cersei simply because she's another name on her list.

All the nice, genuine characters - Sam, Gilly, Tyrion, Brienne, Bronn, Sansa, Arya, Jorah, Gendry, Missandei, Meera etc will all survive and live on to ensure the sweetness in the ending. It would be so cheesy if it's Jon and Dany's baby to rule in the future, and they are my favourite two characters.

It's A Song of Ice and Fire, and all the Ice and Fire needs to go out for the story to end.

How have you come to that final conclusion? Yes, its A Song of Ice and Fire, but why does the ice and fire need to go out for the story to end? Why wouldn't mankind being in peril and coming out of it, short a few hundred thousand souls, with fire and ice being the "hero" and re-igniting the future of Westeros? 

6 hours ago, Wik said:

How have you come to that final conclusion? Yes, its A Song of Ice and Fire, but why does the ice and fire need to go out for the story to end? Why wouldn't mankind being in peril and coming out of it, short a few hundred thousand souls, with fire and ice being the "hero" and re-igniting the future of Westeros? 

Everyone thinks their wish fulfillment theory is the one that makes most sense, it's just how things are. Many people are going to be disappointed by the ending, Jon on the IT. Can't wait.

14 hours ago, Wik said:

Because we're getting nothing but prequels, and the cast and crew have said that it will be a very final conclusion. So, that was my conclusion.

22 hours ago, Thinishter Goat said:

thanks. yeah i think that relates to R+L=J and maybe a few minor details as opposed to the actual ending of the series - i doubt even George had figured that out by the 2nd book!

I think that too. GRRM means certain plotpoints or certain revelations (e.g. R+L=J). But there is no way of knowing the whole storyline by just reading the first two books. In the first two books, we know nothing about the Others. Nothing that even hinted at Jons assasination and (possible) resurection. We knew nothing about fAegon, nothing that hinted at Tyrion killing Tywin. I could go on and on. There are zero chances that some reader guessed the whole storyline, by reading the first two books. How could he? I think GRRM was surprised, that so many readers guessed his biggest twist, regarding Jons parentage, because he probably thought that he did not make it that obvious. 

2 hours ago, Moon of My Life said:

Because we're getting nothing but prequels, and the cast and crew have said that it will be a very final conclusion. So, that was my conclusion.

Fair enough. I'm never the type to try to dissuade someone from their ideas/beliefs, but I still don't think that the above things mentioned REQUIRE the outcome you are expecting. 

Guess we will know for sure in a few weeks!  

Archived