Cats: They Own You

A True Kaniggit

A thread for the discussion of all cat and cat adjacent things.

I got a new kitty story to share.

Baby Sister found an abandoned kitten at her work weekend before last. And she, knowing the soft hearted bastard that I am, brought him to me in order to get him a new home. He looked to be only 2-3 months old and was very friendly. Poor little guy had some nasty orange stains in his white fur, but a nice bath took care of those. I ended up having him for only five day before finding him a new owner (I would've liked to keep him myself, but I already have 2 cats and 1 dog). In that time he made friends with my dog Laci and my older cat Lucipurr (My younger cat Minerva never warmed up to him) Luckily one of my brother's coworkers was looking to adopt a cat, and she was willing to take him in (Yes, I told her if she finds herself unable/unwilling to take care of him, to return him to me)

Cat photos! Thought it would be a good idea to consolidate the cat photos into the first post. Anyone that wants their cat photos included just let me know and I'll copy the link and put them here.

A True Kaniggit's cats: https://imgur.com/a/HD09vnq?

Aw, bless you for helping poor kitty! I hope he has a wonderful new life!

I have 5 cats. Well, 4 are ours and when my mother moved in with us she brought her big 15 year old male ginger. Ours are IttyBittyKitty (8 year old calico and is more like Bigly Pigly!), Jenner (the former neighborhood cat that adopted us, all black and about 7 years old), Magic (6 year old tortie), and Loki, a black and white tux kitten about 7 months old. 

We got Loki in February. Long story short, he had eluded capture since Thanksgiving, when my neighbor trapped his littermates but he and Mama cat escaped. My neighbor left the trap open in their shed and the door blew open in a storm and he got trapped accidentally. 

The rescue that took his littermates wouldn't take him because they said he was feral at that point. Like hell. In 2 days he was rolling over for belly rubs. We ended up keeping him and now he's driving all but my 6 year old tortie nuts, although the others are coming around. Itty is the babysitter, and Poochy (the big male) is teaching him some manners. Magic=play time. Jenner is the holdout but as long as they can live in peace it's all good. 

Mama cat is ridiculously trap savvy. It will be a miracle if anyone gets her. She's very good at getting the food out of the trap without tripping it. 

I love Cats and I dont really mind if Im getting scars because Im pester them too much.

My uncle and neighbor got a new cat and her name is Izy. We found her by our grandparents and convinced him to adopt her. Shes a beast and loves to play and run and jump all day. When everbody is gone shes hanging out on the local playground waiting for some action. Shes pretty much the opposit of our shy and quiete cat Teddy.

25 minutes ago, Joey Crows said:

I recently bought a tshirt that says "This Guy Loves Cats" with two thumbs pointing in at me. Haha. And it's true. I have a tiny tabby named Whiskey and she's the best :) 

Yep!  This guy loves cats, too!  I and my family have the extreme good fortune to be claimed by a beautiful little tortoiseshell named Winifred (after the Bette Midler character from Hocus Pocus:)).  Not only is she beautiful but she's a sassy little sweetheart on top of that!  She's definitely my lounging buddy:P 

My cat is awesome and incredibly cuddly. Terrible hunter though. One time a mouse got into the apartment and he seemed rather confused on what to do.

I do sometimes worry that he's a little too attached to me. I often work from home, so he's gotten very used to me being around a lot. Anytime I travel for work or go on vacation, when I get back he seems a little too desperately happy to see me. But he doesn't display any physiological issues, so I guess it isn't too bad.

11 minutes ago, Tears of Lys said:

If I could, I'd get a few cats AND couple of dogs.  I miss having pets.

And what this thread sorely needs is PIX. 

Your wish, is my command.

Time to go figure out how imgur works. (this could take a bit)

my daughter, 9, and all her friends, are crazier'n shithouse rats regarding these 'warrior cat' books.  so i read one. 

the narrative very plainly arises out of the western canon, re-urging the regularities of, say, athenian tragedy's critique regarding the concentration of legislative, executive, and judicial in a single person, the conflation of polis and oikos in the administration of the state, the reliance upon prophetics in the taking of governmental decisions, the sacrifice of the solitary citizen for the good of the polis, the inability of power to administer scarcity without violence, the simultaneous glorification and vilification of resistance to the chthonic, the conduct of the stasis and the state of exception, inter alia.

just with cats.

11 hours ago, Lizard Queen said:

I actually just bought my cat a stroller C: I can't wait to take him out and about.

One of mine is so fat that I'm thinking about buying her a dog harness and taking her for walks. I bought her an XL cat harness and it's too small!

On 4/9/2019 at 2:16 PM, Prince of the North said:

Yep!  This guy loves cats, too!  I and my family have the extreme good fortune to be claimed by a beautiful little tortoiseshell named Winifred (after the Bette Midler character from Hocus Pocus:)).  Not only is she beautiful but she's a sassy little sweetheart on top of that!  She's definitely my lounging buddy:P 

Torties are awesome. Never a dull moment!

13 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Aww, that just means they love you! :P

ETA: I think I broke Imgur above!

My retort:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/apr/12/protect-your-pets-cats-make-up-one-fifth-of-coyotes-diet-in-los-angeles

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Hey!  Coyotes're just tryin' ta make a livin', too! :P  Yes, either keep cats indoors or in enclosures they can access from indoors (which is really the smart, responsible thing to do)...or breed bigger cats!  The cat that lives very long while being allowed free roam outdoors is very much the exception.

3 hours ago, Prince of the North said:

...or breed bigger cats!  

Nooooo!

I love my cats, but I am perfectly aware the only reason they don't eat me is because they're not big enough.

I see how envious they are of the lions, leopards, etc. that they see on television. 

Archived